Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tonights games,

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    End of season affair in Tallaght last night. Great goal by Bolger and delighted to finally see Farrugia out in the pitch. Harps should have too much for Cabi in play offs you think, although delighted that Cabo stopped the culchie boez from NB getting promotion.

( ...Puts on his ill-fitting magnanimous hat )
    Fair play to Keith Long and his bohs team, for my money the clear 3rd best team in the league and worthy of a place in European competition. The beal bocht routine is tired and worn out at this stage but they got the job done and that's to the credit of Long & Croly. Expectations should be high for next year, assuming they don't get plundered like UCD.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Cabo v Drogheda is next, with the winners of that playing Harps

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Rovers only ok last night, lots of neat passing but all in front of a massed Finn Harps, in saying that though we should of been 2 up at least by half time. Ferrugia good in the first half. Harps had a few break always that could have nicked a goal. Brutal crowd last night, 2000 tops. Roll on the aviva 2 more dead rubbers till then.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Fair play to Keith Long and his bohs team, for my money the clear 3rd best team in the league and worthy of a place in European competition. .

Bohs caused more problems for Dundalk than any other team in the league this season. Rankings based only on these league and cup matches against Dundalk so far this year
    2 Bohs
    3 Derry
    4 Sligo
    5 Rovers

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Bohs caused more problems for Dundalk than any other team in the league this season. Rankings based only on these league and cup matches against Dundalk so far this year
    2 Bohs
    3 Derry
    4 Sligo
    5 Rovers
    Would ya say Ezeikial is a troll? I think so

Rovers in Tallaght (Gannon scored we won 1-0) were the best team we played this season. They were also excellent 1st game of the season in Tallaght

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post

Rovers in Tallaght (Gannon scored we won 1-0) were the best team we played this season. They were also excellent 1st game of the season in Tallaght
    A troll ? Because he has a different opinion to you ?
    Could it be YOU are the troll ?
    The League table is usually a good reflection but we all view other teams through the prism of our head to head games (see Waterford > Pats spat elsewhere). Especially when all you offer is a ONE/TWO game example. Pats (first game at Dalymount - they somehow lost !) were the best team I saw this season in a one off game, they were actually excellent when we beat them last time (did everything but score) doesn’t mean a thing in regard to their position or does it mean Pats are the best team in it ?
    Not every team play well every game. Based solely on games V Shams Bohs are better over the season based on games against Cork Bohs are worse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    Bad night for that fella from Longford who supports Longford and Dundalk. Both of them losing and Fenn finally winning. Thoughts are with him at this tough time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    A troll ? Because he has a different opinion to you ?
    Could it be YOU are the troll ?
    exact a mondo.

Throw down your own opinion there dundalkfc10 instead of going for the cheap shots you like to take.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    The only strange thing is he said league and cup. Dundalk needed last minute winners twice against us in Oriel this year in the league.

But the league cup...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Bohs, with no doubts at all, have given Dundalk real headaches. Results against them were blessed prior to last night, a bogey team for us. Both Rovers have played well against us but didnt put us on the back foot as Bohs have done. I would not have wanted to play Bohs in the cup final and while Rovers are a better side overall, we havent struggled against them to the same extent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    I tried to send you a private message, but it seems that it's full

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    You appear to be full of something yourself there Ezekiel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Don't worry about it PC - sbgawa will understand the private message reference.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Pot. Kettle.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    My have been nothing to play for last night for us, but still glad I went, work in city so really handy getting out in the Luas, nice few pints in the excellent Hut pub.

Bohs fully deserved to win, they were really up for this and good luck to them for Europe, would be a shame if they or Derry missed out, Bohs almost certain to make it now, Derry should join them.

As for us, 3 at the back, safe to say that won't be rolled out again...………….
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    We didnt deserve to go through last night at all. We have being terrible the last few months since we lost our unbeaten run. We are sadly lacking a proper striker since McGlade left.

I wouldnt write off Cabo in playoffs especially with a wily geezer Pat Devlin in charge of them. I think Drogs will have their hands full against them tbh.

My worry for us is that this squad will be broken up especially with us interviewing for new town manager.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    That's life in the First Division. Most of them are replaceable provided there's a similar budget.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts

I going to assume that you are offering genuine held views (despite your regular pointed reactions shouting "troll" & expressing your faux embarrassment ) and expand on why I put Bohs, Derry and Sligo ahead of Shamrock Rovers in head-to-head performances against Dundalk this season

I accept that the league’s top two teams are meeting in the FAI cup final, but having seen 19 out of the 20 matches Dundalk have played against those 4 teams this season I think that Bohs have caused Dundalk most difficulty and Shamrock Rovers the least

Each of those teams (and St Pats Ath) won more points against Dundalk than Shamrock Rovers who managed a solitary point in 4 league games:

Bohemians
    Despite the league cup aberration, Bohs put in two exception performances in Oriel Park where late penalties gave Dundalk single goal victories. Although well beaten in the 2-0 Dundalk win in Dalymount earlier this season, Bohs were full value for their win last night

Derry City
    Have managed two 2-2 draws in the league, Derry also ran Dundalk very close in both the EA Cup Final (6-5 on Pens) and in the FAI Cup (3-2 after extra time). Derry were the top scores against Dundalk with 8 goals, far ahead of any other side

Sligo Rovers
    Sligo bagged more points against Dundalk, more than any other team in the league with a win and a draw. Although comprehensively beaten in the other 2 league games, Sligo were lost narrowly to a late goal in the FAI Cup semi final

Shamrock Rovers
    Despite losing by only a single goal in both Oriel Park league games, Rovers never looked likely to win either match. Rovers were scoreless in both matches in Tallaght, with the second match being probably the only time where Rovers caused any significant problems for Dundalk.

League points won against Dundalk
    3 - Bohs
    2- Derry City
    4 - Sligo Rovers
    1 - Shamrock Rovers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    I going to assume that you are offering genuine held views (despite your regular pointed reactions shouting "troll" & expressing your faux embarrassment ) and expand on why I put Bohs, Derry and Sligo ahead of Shamrock Rovers in head-to-head performances against Dundalk this season

I accept that the league’s top two teams are meeting in the FAI cup final, but having seen 19 out of the 20 matches Dundalk have played against those 4 teams this season I think that Bohs have caused Dundalk most difficulty and Shamrock Rovers the least

Each of those teams (and St Pats Ath) won more points against Dundalk than Shamrock Rovers who managed a solitary point in 4 league games:

Bohemians
    Despite the league cup aberration, Bohs put in two exception performances in Oriel Park where late penalties gave Dundalk single goal victories. Although well beaten in the 2-0 Dundalk win in Dalymount earlier this season, Bohs were full value for their win last night

Derry City
    Have managed two 2-2 draws in the league, Derry also ran Dundalk very close in both the EA Cup Final (6-5 on Pens) and in the FAI Cup (3-2 after extra time). Derry were the top scores against Dundalk with 8 goals, far ahead of any other side

Sligo Rovers
    Sligo bagged more points against Dundalk, more than any other team in the league with a win and a draw. Although comprehensively beaten in the other 2 league games, Sligo were lost narrowly to a late goal in the FAI Cup semi final

Shamrock Rovers
    Despite losing by only a single goal in both Oriel Park league games, Rovers never looked likely to win either match. Rovers were scoreless in both matches in Tallaght, with the second match being probably the only time where Rovers caused any significant problems for Dundalk.

League points won against Dundalk
    3 - Bohs
    2- Derry City
    4 - Sligo Rovers
    1 - Shamrock Rovers
    Out of curiosity but why did you ignore us? We beat ye in April and lost 1-0 the other 2 matches in the league, one in which ye needed a lucky injury time deflected goal in Oriel. Even your league cup win against us was far from comfortable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kksaints View Post
    Out of curiosity but why did you ignore us? We beat ye in April and lost 1-0 the other 2 matches in the league, one in which ye needed a lucky injury time deflected goal in Oriel. Even your league cup win against us was far from comfortable.
    As you say there was only a single goal between the teams in the 3 wins that Dundalk had, and St Pats are only one of 3 teams who have beaten Dundalk in the league, but I felt in all four of those matches St Pats failed to provide a significant threat and were mainly focused on trying to contain and restrict Dundalk

Maybe I'll be revising my view after the final league match of the season at Oriel!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast