Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LoI 4th Oct - 8th Oct 2019

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Getting 3 points against Cork last night was the most important win all season.
    Bohs have been in poor form since the mid season break, injuries, tiredness and a lack of confidence has meant that we have been clinging on to euro qualification.A point away to Pats and Pats to drop points away to Derry and Dundalk will qualify us for Europe.
    Derry fully deserve the other slot.
    Good crowd in Dalymount last night 2,500 plus despite liveTV.Should get 3,000 for Dundalk game next week, about a 1000 more than were at Oriel last night.Shocking crowd.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    You should get more value for money if the property market is off the top of its cycle, would be my point.
    Of course social amenities should always have public money available to them, but professional soccer clubs need to bring something extra to the table, which I think Bohs do. But still there is always a question there when public money is funding a private enterprise. There is a big debate about sport funding in Ireland, too big to go into it now.
    My own view is that good to excellent facilities will not solve the difficulties of LOI clubs, they are important but I am not convinced that super new stadiums all over would bring a huge increase in crowds.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Getting 3 points against Cork last night was the most important win all season.
    Bohs have been in poor form since the mid season break, injuries, tiredness and a lack of confidence has meant that we have been clinging on to euro qualification.A point away to Pats and Pats to drop points away to Derry and Dundalk will qualify us for Europe.
    Derry fully deserve the other slot.
    Good crowd in Dalymount last night 2,500 plus despite liveTV.Should get 3,000 for Dundalk game next week, about a 1000 more than were at Oriel last night.Shocking crowd.
    There is no doubt that St Pats have a mountain to climb and that Bohs are within touching distance of euro qualification.

But there is work still to be done and it seems that the early season form is long gone - if Bohs lose their next two matches, St Pats will sit only 2 points behind with a game in hand

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    There is no doubt that St Pats have a mountain to climb and that Bohs are within touching distance of euro qualification.

But there is work still to be done and it seems that the early season form is long gone - if Bohs lose their next two matches, St Pats will sit only 2 points behind with a game in hand
    Bohs are 5 clear of Pats with 3 games to go (for both sides) and a far superior goal difference.

Pats realistically have to win their remaining 3 games to have a chance and those games are Derry, Bohs and Dundalk. Can't see that happening based on their form. Do you know something about upcoming games that everyone else doesn't?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wexfordned View Post
    Bohs are 5 clear of Pats with 3 games to go (for both sides) and a far superior goal difference.

Pats realistically have to win their remaining 3 games to have a chance and those games are Derry, Bohs and Dundalk. Can't see that happening based on their form. Do you know something about upcoming games that everyone else doesn't?
    There is no doubt that the Bohs are strong favourites now, but I disagree with your analysis that Pats need to win all 3 remaining matches as Bohs poor form could yet see them throw it away.

If Bohs lose their next 2 matches (home to Dundalk, away to St Pats), it would then leave Bohs vulnerable to be overtaken by both Derry & St Pats

Bohs 35-53
    Derry 33-51
    St Pats 34-51

In this scenario St Pats could then make it by winning one of their last two matches. Bohs are in the driving seat and don't need to rely on others to lose, but it's far from over yet.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Up on your high horse in your fantasy world with rainbows and sunshine were Dundalk keep winning the league things must be great. Bohs fans are living in the real world unlike you. 4th place is good enough for Europe. 1 point or worst case scenario 3 points will be good enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Up on your high horse in your fantasy world with rainbows and sunshine were Dundalk keep winning the league things must be great. Bohs fans are living in the real world unlike you. 4th place is good enough for Europe. 1 point or worst case scenario 3 points will be good enough.

What about reading the post for what it actually says? I have no idea what you are on about with the high horse and fantasy nonsense - the scenario I painted is factually correct if Bohs lose the next two matches

I agree with you that another 3 points will certainly be enough for Bohs and 1 point would probably suffice. Even if the form has dipped recently, european qualification would be fully deserved and a remarkable achievement by Long & Croly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    You need a bit of sweetening up too, you and a couple of Rovers fans have at least that in common! Dundalk keeping on winning the league is currently not a fantasy but a very enjoyable reality.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 05/10/2019 at 9:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Rovers close to within 17 points after 0-0 draw in Sligo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wonder88 View Post
    You should get more value for money if the property market is off the top of its cycle, would be my point.
    Of course social amenities should always have public money available to them, but professional soccer clubs need to bring something extra to the table, which I think Bohs do. But still there is always a question there when public money is funding a private enterprise. There is a big debate about sport funding in Ireland, too big to go into it now.
    My own view is that good to excellent facilities will not solve the difficulties of LOI clubs, they are important but I am not convinced that super new stadiums all over would bring a huge increase in crowds.
    What ? Bohs sold Dalymount to Dublin City Council - done. DCC have developed a plan for the area with a redeveloped Dalymount as its centre piece. Bohs and Shels will have long term tenancies in the new Dalymount (already agreed).
    No ground sale. No public funding of either club and rent to DCC already agreed so no dependency on “huge increases in crowds”.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    So much for me within 10 theoryi will just me Johnston's baby oil so you can rub it in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood Rover View Post
    So much for me within 10 theoryi will just me Johnston's baby oil so you can rub it in.
    Shams the new Cork but still a considerable gap to Dundalk. Football is cyclical and Dundalk will falter but it may take a while !

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Which Rovers? Shams or Sligo ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Waterford 2 Sligo 0
    585 at the game!!
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12