saturday

Sligo Rovers v Shamrock Rovers

tuesday

Waterford FC v Sligo Rovers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Main interest around 3/4/5th and of course the Finn harps V UCD 6 pointer. Hopefully Dundalk are focused for their game although it wouldn't be that much of a shock to see Derry take a point.Cork are awful but have been Bohs bogey team for a while and I wouldn't be surprised to see another draw (although Bohs really need a win to rebuilt faltering momentum) - not a game I would have recommended for TV. Pats have steadied the ship a bit and I would expect them to beat Waterford.
    would (just) favour harps to get a rare win, solely on the basis of home advantage.

with shams save in second and focused on the cup final, Sligo could get something from the Saturday night game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Hopefully Dundalk are focused for their game although it wouldn't be that much of a shock to see Derry take a point.
    Dundalk being Dundalk, I can't imagine they'll switch off or take it handy on ourselves. They do have a few injuries and suspensions, but with their bench, that hardly matters.
    I'd be happy to settle for our now traditional 2-2 draw.

Bohs should be putting three or four past that dreadful Cork side.
    I'd expect Pat's to win as well, meaning Bohs will be up to third, and Pat's level with us on points.
    All very tight.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Dundalk being Dundalk, I can't imagine they'll switch off or take it handy on ourselves. They do have a few injuries and suspensions, but with their bench, that hardly matters.
    I'd be happy to settle for our now traditional 2-2 draw.

Bohs should be putting three or four past that dreadful Cork side.
    I'd expect Pat's to win as well, meaning Bohs will be up to third, and Pat's level with us on points.
    All very tight.
    All 3 contenders for the Euro places have to play Dundalk in the run-in. Apart from Derry tonight, St Pats also visit Oriel Park on the last night with a Bohs V Dundalk Dalymount fixture in between.

I would be surprised and disappointed if there was any element of "switch off" in any of these games, although it is inevitable that the intensity could drop a little, especially with any injuries or suspensions disrupting the team.

The other side of the same coin is that there are loads of lads eager to gain or retain a starting place in advance of the cup final. Among those who did not start in the cup semi-final last week against Sligo:

McCarey, Gartland, Boyle, Jarvis, Dummigan, Benson, Murray, Mountney, Flores & Georgie Kelly

Mountney and McEleney are currently injured while Jarvis & Cleary are suspended for tonight so at least some of the above will get a chance against Derry

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    869 Posts
    Looks like a poor enough crowd in Oriel, 1800 maybe? *2106 announced!?

Pats putting themselves under early pressure in the race for 3-4th place. Waterford winning 0-1.

Shaping up to be a good night for Bohs as things stand.

Harps running out of time tonight and games in general to try and put some pressure on Cork. Harps get a late winner and it'll be a nervy few games left for Mr Fenn!

Even over Skor the PA at the end of the game in Oriel is deafening...Status Quo...why??? Ye cant even hear the players being applauded off!!
    Last edited by Nesta99; 04/10/2019 at 9:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    635 Posts
    Great night for bohs.
    With top 4 qualifying for Europe that should be enough
    Pats have to play dundalk and are 5 points behind with a terrible goal difference.
    1 point from last 3 matches for bohs should be enough
    Last edited by sbgawa; 04/10/2019 at 9:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Main interest around 3/4/5th and of course the Finn harps V UCD 6 pointer. Hopefully Dundalk are focused for their game although it wouldn't be that much of a shock to see Derry take a point.Cork are awful but have been Bohs bogey team for a while and I wouldn't be surprised to see another draw (although Bohs really need a win to rebuilt faltering momentum) - not a game I would have recommended for TV. Pats have steadied the ship a bit and I would expect them to beat Waterford.
    would (just) favour harps to get a rare win, solely on the basis of home advantage.

with shams save in second and focused on the cup final, Sligo could get something from the Saturday night game.
    You can see why I’m so, ahem, popular with the local bookies 😁
    Great night for Bohs, good home win, somewhat fortunate goal but hell at this time of season I’ll take anything ! Very young side and I think we deserved the break.
    Surprised at Pats result, as I thought they were picking up a bit of form.
    Europe would be an amazing achievement for Long/Crolly and all involved with Bohemian FC.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    869 Posts
    No league is easy to predict but LoI is impossible and why I dont wreck my head with the predictions thread. Id have had Harps down for a 1-0, Pats to beat Waterford, I expected Bohs to beat Cork at home and Dundalk was looking like a draw for me. Watching the game or what I could make out online it was a sloppy performance especially by Dundalk. Derry had almost double the shots but they were mostly wayward. Derry tried to press high but Dundalk were cute to it and tried the longer pass behind in to space a few times to push Derry back. Hoban again worked his socks off closing. Thought there was a nasty collision near the end with both players out cold. It wasnt much but during the injury to Soggett the Dundalk players headed toward the bench to take on fluids, it looked like Hoban had a good rant at Shields. Shields just dismissed it and that was that. But Hoban's frustration is obvious and creeping in more and more with grumbles on being subbed or on the balls being played to him. In fairness tonight he probably had a case as the final third things were poor. Aside from the win and another goal from young Kelly it was good to see Lido and Mark Hanratty getting decent time off the bench after coming up from U19s. Its been a while since we have had players in to the 1st team from the youth teams. They have plenty still to do but proper competative game time against a team chasing a Euro spot is great experience - lets hope they are the leagues next young stars!!
    Last edited by Nesta99; 04/10/2019 at 10:44 PM.

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Very unlucky to concede a goal like that tonight. Thought we played really well and could've picked up a point, if not all three.

Great achievement by bohs as european football is looking likely for next year.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    A good job by RTE in their coverage tonight. As mention a good night for Bohs, a European place will be a boast for the club. However they should not let the ground issue dominate. I disagree with the RTE lads, in that there is no need to rush into things regarding Dalymount, much better to get it right. The property market is probably at its peek now, so better value to be got in 3/4 years time. Also Stephen Kenny's comments should be taken on board also. Could Tolka Park even at this late stage not be saved?
    Sad to see a small crowd in Dundalk,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Derry passed up a great opportunity to beat Dundalk. That is the poorest Derry have been against Dundalk this season. Dundalk rested a lot of players and looked very disjointed and missing creativity.

Bohs took advantage. I feel sorry for the Cork keeper though. That penalty area is like a hill, no wonder he lost his footing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wonder88 View Post
    A good job by RTE in their coverage tonight. As mention a good night for Bohs, a European place will be a boast for the club. However they should not let the ground issue dominate. I disagree with the RTE lads, in that there is no need to rush into things regarding Dalymount, much better to get it right. The property market is probably at its peek now, so better value to be got in 3/4 years time. Also Stephen Kenny's comments should be taken on board also. Could Tolka Park even at this late stage not be saved?
    Dalymount sold to DCC and development plans pretty much agreed (subject to planning), not sure what’s to delay ? Or property market ? Part of redevelopment is the demise of Tolka. Unless some private entity comes forward it is gone (any public money going into Dalymount).
    Only question is when development of Dalymount begins.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Surprised at Pats result, as I thought they were picking up a bit of form.
    We were awful and got what we deserved. Very strange line up from O'Donnell.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Bohs nearly there, it is hard to see both Derry and St Pats passing them out.

While Rovers have a match in hand, I see that the gap between them and Bohs is now only 12 points as opposed to the current 18 point gap to the top. Maybe Rovers fans should be more focused on the threat from Bohs for next season?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    It was hard to watch Harps tonight. Both keepers played well which tells a tale.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    869 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wonder88 View Post
    Not sure what you mean here!? Unless Bohs/DCC are looking to sell Dalymount the value of the property is irrelevant. If the development was relying on the sale of Tolka to add to funding then I can see reason to pause. But imo, irelevant or not clubs/developers/ LAs need to take a plunge irrespective of property value with a social amenity. Its not all about the value of the plot!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    341 Posts
    We started with no striker on the pitch and Raff Cretaro up front on his own which tells its own story,very much a game between the 2 bottom sides in the division,plenty of effort with zero quality,
    Play off and relegation story is 99% set now,UCD will need a miracle to avoid the drop now....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Sh!të game in Finn Park. Truly awful
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Waterford on a good run now with 3 away wins in a row. Good finish to the season and could even catch Sligo for 6th but need to beat them on Tuesday night and win our last 2 v Finn Harps and UCD.
    It's the 2nd time Waterford have won at Richmond Park this season and fans are happy at damaging St Pats Europa League hopes!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Derry passed up a great opportunity to beat Dundalk. That is the poorest Derry have been against Dundalk this season. Dundalk rested a lot of players and looked very disjointed and missing creativity.
    Agreed. Frustrating stuff. A bit more accuracy in front of goal could have seen us win that. We've been saying that all season, mind. Badly need a striker.
    Could have had two penalties in the second half, but that's no excuse.

I'd also second the mention of the PA being far too loud last night. No need for that.

I think Bohs will be ok for Europe, but wouldn't count on it just yet. The fact we've to play Pat's still means it makes things easier for them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast