Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Troy Parrott

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    167 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c12000 View Post
    Not on bench tonight in Belgrade despite making traveling squad. Disappointing
    Not playing in the Youth game either. A loan move in January would be needed so he doesnt stagnate between being too good for youth football and not ready for Spurs first team

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    Not playing in the Youth game either. A loan move in January would be needed so he doesnt stagnate between being too good for youth football and not ready for Spurs first team
    I still think he will be playing "regularly enough" with Spurs by the season's end. No need for loan just now. Worth bearing in mind, he has barely played adult football, only started 7 PL2 games last year, and only 1 this year, in addition to his senior league cup appearance and pre-season games. So training with first team for past few months, and introducing him slowly is the right formula. Even a few more PL2 games will do him no harm, don't think it's stagnation as he's played so few games at that level.

He is 18 on Feb 4, Pocc certainly won't be able to ignore him then. That aside, I am confident he will get a few appearances off the bench this side of the new year, and then things will move quickly, similarly to Connolly. His international exposure will certainly do him no harm. Brighton have changed their system to 2 up front since Connolly emerged. I am sure Pocc may be open to experimenting with 2 up front should the right combination come along, i.e. Kane and Parrott is worth looking at. Lucas has been terrible, Eriksen has played like a man already living in Spain, Ali has been a shadow of his former self, so it's not as if there's not a need for injection of some young blood and experimentation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12