Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1208

Thread: Troy Parrott F Excelsior Rotterdam (loan from Spurs) b.2002

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    I agree - a forward not scoring goals has issues. Hogan is scoring goals.
    its a team issue, not a parrott issue.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    I agree - a forward not scoring goals has issues. Hogan is scoring goals.
    I would agree with that is Parrott was the only forward having issues in that Preston side…the issue is he isn’t.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    its a team issue, not a parrott issue.
    Millwall, Ipswich, Preston etc. don't deserve Parrott. And I know, he's only 20.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    Millwall, Ipswich, Preston etc. don't deserve Parrott. And I know, he's only 20.
    interesting you leave out mk dons lol. parrott should be fine with pne once the manager fixes the rest of the team himself and riis complement one another nicely.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts
    interesting you leave out mk dons lol. parrott should be fine with pne once the manager fixes the rest of the team himself and riis complement one another nicely.
    It's not that interesting. Parrott's relative L1 success was overshadowed by the prowess of Keane there and Hogan in the Championship. It's deja vu. Children of a lesser god. One of the forum's alumni did a magnificent job compiling my posts on the subject. It's back there somewhere. A magnum opus.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    It's not that interesting. Parrott's relative L1 success was overshadowed by the prowess of Keane there and Hogan in the Championship. It's deja vu. Children of a lesser god. One of the forum's alumni did a magnificent job compiling my posts on the subject. It's back there somewhere. A magnum opus.
    have you considered for one minute the age + profiles of these 3 players? comparing parrotts prowess to hogans is laughable. apples and oranges.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts
    have you considered for one minute the age + profiles of these 3 players? comparing parrotts prowess to hogans is laughable. apples and oranges.
    No. I've kept it relevant to the coming games and who's more likely to score. Apples and oranges don't play football and comparing players with similar roles is not laughable. It's just an opinion and I'm leaving it there lest I get into trouble.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    I wouldn't let Parrott off because of his age in fairness.

He may be a much better medium-term prospect than the others because he's still only 20, but the games are next week and medium-term prospects are irrelevant.

What does stand in Parrott's stead of course is a good cameo v Lithuania (Hogan did ok then too in fairness) and a lively June window (when Hogan was iffy at best, though I think there was a suggestion he was carrying an injury)

10. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    Hogan hasn't helped his cause by being ver mediocre (at best) anytime he's played for Ireland. 11 caps, loads of opportunities and chances and no goals. Having said that he does seem to be a streaky player so maybe timing is good here.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Exgrad View Post
    Hogan hasn't helped his cause by being ver mediocre (at best) anytime he's played for Ireland. 11 caps, loads of opportunities and chances and no goals. Having said that he does seem to be a streaky player so maybe timing is good here.
    He did score against Scotland in fairness. Not his fault the FAI didn’t pay for goal line tech

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Exgrad View Post
    This is it. The other part of the argument is that Parrott has 4 goals in his last 12 appearances in green - and his all round contributions get better each window. Another aspect that has been glossed over, that is relevant, is that he has been playing really well for PNE and they seem to have really taken to him. He is also playing a different role (#9 - I believe at Spurs' request) than last year with MKD. People being a bit harsh all things considered.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elatedscum View Post
    He did score against Scotland in fairness. Not his fault the FAI didn’t pay for goal line tech
    Was that over the line?

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    Parrott currently looks miles off a standard where these guys are scoring. Miles. Current club form must go beyond tokenism. That a clearly struggling player should get preference over those who aren't seems basically unfair. Having said that, I'm jumping the gun before a squad or team is selected.
    Have you watched a lot of Preston this season to say hes miles off the standard? His lack of goals recently has been concerning but any time I watched him play he was very good. Ive probably watch 4 or 5 games this season where the link up play between Parrott and Brady was super. I havent seen them in last couple of weeks though

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts
    In the last two games he hasn't impressed but started up top with Evans in one and both of them looked awkward together. Burnley are a possession team now and had 72% of the possession so Preston were chasing shadows most of the night.

He's not scoring goals but as others have said that's a Preston issue overall and has often played as the lone CF and been impressive. Especially for a lad whose jumped a division and played his best football as a wide forward in that division.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    Was that over the line?
    Definitely

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Preston now have a record of having the joint lowest number of goals score in Championship history after 10 games tied with Rotherham in 2004/2005 who finished bottom their year.

Is there anyone left who still seriously think this was a good move in the first place?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Watched the first half of the game yesterday. Couldn't really bring myself to watch the second half. It was utterly dire. Kick and chase stuff from Preston, and any football they attempted to play kept breaking down with sloppy passing.

Genuinely felt sorry for Parrott though, he kept having to drop in to get the football to feet, got little in the way of support, and was feeding off scraps constantly.

Had a couple of half chances, and he created a few more half chances, but overall, he's in a very poor team with little prospects. Genuinely think it's down to how poorly they're set up though, they seem to be all over the place.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Watched the first half of the game yesterday. Couldn't really bring myself to watch the second half. It was utterly dire. Kick and chase stuff from Preston, and any football they attempted to play kept breaking down with sloppy passing.

Genuinely felt sorry for Parrott though, he kept having to drop in to get the football to feet, got little in the way of support, and was feeding off scraps constantly.

Had a couple of half chances, and he created a few more half chances, but overall, he's in a very poor team with little prospects. Genuinely think it's down to how poorly they're set up though, they seem to be all over the place.
    Sounds like he's getting the perfect practice to play in a late era Martin O'Neill Ireland team

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Preston's goalscoring woes continue - another 0-0 draw, and after 11 games they've scored 3 and conceded 4.

Parrott on the bench and came on for the last 25; I presume that's the manager trying to shake things up as I don't think Parrott picked up an injury in the international window.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Those Preston goal numbers are crazy. There can't be many cases of teams both scoring and conceding the least goals in their division almost a quarter of the way through their season.

Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast