Page 46 of 62 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Parrott F Excelsior Rotterdam (loan from Spurs) b.2002

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    I'd say they are delighted with the way the playoff draw has worked out. a derby is never great, but they should have too much for Wycombe. Regardless of who they face in the final, they'll be underdogs, and their opponents will be under incredible pressure (Weds or Sunderland)
    Be great if they got to final. I see mcgeady was on bench at weekend maybe has 20 mins in him in the next few games if they looking for a spark. Does shopido get any game time now for Wednesday or ciaran brennan?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    739 Posts
    Shodipo got a run a few weeks ago but didn't do much, has disappeared from the team sheets again lately. Brennan came in when they were missing a few centre backs but is well down the order now. I doubt we'll see much if any Irish involvement for Sheffield Wednesday.

Same at Sunderland, just McGeady who is coming back from injury. And Wycombe have Horgan obviously but that's it. So really it would be good to see MK Dons go up from an Irish perspective, regardless of what you might think of that club.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,688 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    A 5-0 win for MK Dons to finish the (regular) season - four goals for Parrott's strike partner but none for Troy. I know it's a team game and Parrott may have picked up an assist or two, but you imagine that has to smart!

Looks like they're going to miss out on automatic promotion by a point behind Rotherham, so into the play-offs.
    TV on Thursday and Sunday

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    There was a long article on Parrott in The Athletic last week

https://theathletic.com/3275505/2022...e-way-it-goes/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,626 Posts
    Disappointing performance for MK Dons against Wycombe tonight. While MK Dons dominated the first 30-35 minutes and Troy acquitted himself well in that time with some nice touches, runs and a pot shot or two, he was largely anonymous for the remainder - but no worse than anyone else on the team. They'll be disappointed that they came out so flat after a great performance at the weekend.

Conor Coventry and Warren O'Hora were also outplayed by a pretty physical and pacey Wycombe attack.

6. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,213 Posts
    Scored the only goal this evening but MK Dons lost on aggregate and his league season is over.

10 goals in 47 appearances isn't great, but it's definitely a solid breakthrough season, and prospective new clubs may be swayed by 5 goals in his last 10 (plus the goal v Lithuania of course).

I'm not convinced he has it in him to hit double figures in the Championship next season, but he could do quite well given another go in L1. An interesting summer ahead I think.

Edit - I see Scott Twine was top scorer with 20, but three years ago he scored just one goal in a half-season at Waterford, and that in a 4-1 defeat away against UCD!
    Last edited by pineapple stu; 08/05/2022 at 10:09 PM.

8. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,093 Posts
    I don't see why he should try League One again next season. He's had a great last few months and I'm sure MK Dons would love to have him back. But he really should be using the momentum he has gained from the last few months and test himself at the Championship or an equivalent level. He has almost 60 League One games now over 18 months and while he has toiled for a good portion of 12 months of that, he was 19 throughout it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,213 Posts
    Oh I think he should try to jump up alright. It's a question of will there be a reasonable offer. (ie regular starter, and preferably not fighting relegation cos he'd probably develop better in a team where goal chances weren't at a relative premium)

But if you were a Championship club, would you look at the 20-year-old who struggled at the start of the season but certainly came good after Christmas, and in the last two months in particular, or would you be looking at the 22-year-old at the same club who scored 20 league goals, assisted another 13, and was named in the team of the season?

11. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    739 Posts
    I'd say there's a good chance MK Dons manager Liam Manning will be on his way to a championship club - currently favourite for the QPR job - I'd say he'd go for both, and maybe Coventry also.

Having Parrott, Idah and Obafemi all playing regularly in the Championship next season would be very interesting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    I'd say there's a good chance MK Dons manager Liam Manning will be on his way to a championship club - currently favourite for the QPR job - I'd say he'd go for both, and maybe Coventry also.

Having Parrott, Idah and Obafemi all playing regularly in the Championship next season would be very interesting.
    Let's face it, the championship is a decent league and given the concentration of pretty much all the best players in the world in the English Premier league..its still the 6th highest supported division in Europe. Standards in England have definitely risen.

Twine has had a great year and has really shown huge maturity in game play. He's bound to move up. He's 24 I think. I don't think any club at that level has room for more than 1 main man so stands to reason troy would appear to be second fiddle. I'd say his background stats will looks good though.

Twine also proof that the right man in the right place with the right manager is the formula. Even lukaku struggled at Chelsea this year. I don't envy troy. The next move is going to be interesting. I hope he has a good agent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Oh I think he should try to jump up alright. It's a question of will there be a reasonable offer. (ie regular starter, and preferably not fighting relegation cos he'd probably develop better in a team where goal chances weren't at a relative premium)

But if you were a Championship club, would you look at the 20-year-old who struggled at the start of the season but certainly came good after Christmas, and in the last two months in particular, or would you be looking at the 22-year-old at the same club who scored 20 league goals, assisted another 13, and was named in the team of the season?
    his numbers were decent enough this season especially when you take into account the non performance from nov-jan ish. i think championship clubs will definitely look at him. i just hope spurs make the right move for him with a team who'll suit how he plays. mk dons were one, i dont think his 2 previous loans were good at all. he obviously was poor at both clubs but style of play has a huge impact. his attitude seems completely different in comparison to when he made those 2 loan moves too, i think that'll only help him when he steps up
    Last edited by Jd2793; 09/05/2022 at 8:26 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Also the Wycombe keeper seems to have played a blinder. Mk dons have been a revelation in terms of style. Troy made the best of that. He clearly learned a lot. I was worried about him myself but I have to say, fair play.

I notice no one is commenting on young horgan in the Wycombe side...🤔

16. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    739 Posts
    Wycombe hardly attacked all game so Horgan didn't get a sniff. Wycombe is about his level, if they ever aspired to be more than a Championship/League 1 yo-yo club he'd be the sort of play they would need to move on.

When you look at the attacking talent coming through now - Parrott, Idah, Ogbene, hopefully Obafemi as well as more established types like Robinson and the attacking midfielders like Knight it's hard to justify Horgan taking up a squad place any more. He's a decent enough sort or player but a bit below the level we need and he's unlikely to improve at this stage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    his numbers were decent enough this season especially when you take into account the non performance from nov-jan ish.
    Well you can't really say "He played well except for that three-month spell when he didn't play well"

Will a Championship club look at him and think "Hm - he took until after Christmas to really get up to speed with L1; we can't risk that he'll take that long to get up to speed with the Championship"?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Well you can't really say "He played well except for that three-month spell when he didn't play well"

Will a Championship club look at him and think "Hm - he took until after Christmas to really get up to speed with L1; we can't risk that he'll take that long to get up to speed with the Championship"?
    thats grand so sure, l1 for the rest of his days because of a 3 month spell of inconsistent performances at 20 years of age. he was good up until the november break then his performances dipped. didnt take him that long to get going at all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    thats grand so sure, l1 for the rest of his days because of a 3 month spell of inconsistent performances at 20 years of age.
    I'll take "Things I never said" for 200 please

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

Any champiosnhip team that is looking at him for next season has probably been scouting his games over last couple of months, where he has done well. There will be more importance placed on that than the drop off in form a young player experienced. Nations league games could be important for him is he gets a run.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,304 Posts
    Is there even an outside chance he could make the bench for Spurs before the end of the season? Unlikely to do so against Arsenal on Thursday, but their final two games are Burnley on Sunday, and Norwich on Sunday week.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

23. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    739 Posts
    Possibly the last game if it's a dead rubber, but they might prefer some other young player that has been there all season and hasn't had much or any senior game time instead of him.

Incidentally I think I read that it's back to five subs in the EPL next season, so hopefully that gives more opportunities to fringe players who make the bench but rarely if ever play. The likes of Okoflex, Costelloe, Ferry, Ferguson etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Exgrad View Post
    Any champiosnhip team that is looking at him for next season has probably been scouting his games over last couple of months, where he has done well. There will be more importance placed on that than the drop off in form a young player experienced. Nations league games could be important for him is he gets a run.
    That I certainly agree with (and have said as much before).

Hopefully he'll get a move up a division and do well. But I wouldn't have it as a sure thing, and if he did have another season in L1 next year and showed significant improvement (like Bazunu this year), then that wouldn't be a bad outcome either I think.

Page 46 of 62 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast