Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566
Results 1,301 to 1,314 of 1314

Thread: Troy Parrott F Excelsior Rotterdam (loan from Spurs) b.2002

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,358 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    FWIW, I do remember an Irish kid at Man City scoring five against one of Man Utd's underage sides, think his name was Bermingham.

<EDIT>

Found it, it was four, and his name was Karl Bermingham (link below is dead)
    Jesus that's a name I've not heard in a while. Shows how wrong it can go for a young player. Bellingham became an average LOI First Division player at the likes of Monaghan and Waterford.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    234 Posts
    Hardly "news" really, but besides releasing a few other players as expected, Spurs are keeping TP, at least for now:

"Meanwhile, the contracted Troy Parrott remains on the books at Tottenham, with his current deal running until 2025.
    The Republic of Ireland striker, who netted the winner in Tuesday's friendly international against Hungary at the Aviva Stadium, suffered relegation on Sunday with Excelsior.
    However, he scored seven goals in his last three games with the Eredivisie side, as well as 10 other goals over the course of his loan with the club, and the Dubliner will hope his exploits in front of the posts has caught the attention of Ange Postecoglou."

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2024...hit-sessegnon/

Hoping for a few quid from some Dutch club?

3. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    492 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EalingGreen View Post
    Hardly "news" really, but besides releasing a few other players as expected, Spurs are keeping TP, at least for now:

"Meanwhile, the contracted Troy Parrott remains on the books at Tottenham, with his current deal running until 2025.
    The Republic of Ireland striker, who netted the winner in Tuesday's friendly international against Hungary at the Aviva Stadium, suffered relegation on Sunday with Excelsior.
    However, he scored seven goals in his last three games with the Eredivisie side, as well as 10 other goals over the course of his loan with the club, and the Dubliner will hope his exploits in front of the posts has caught the attention of Ange Postecoglou."

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2024...hit-sessegnon/

Hoping for a few quid from some Dutch club?
    Yep I think your right
    His best bet is in to stay in Holland
    Even if he takes the risk of running out his spurs contract and then goes on a free next year

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    516 Posts
    Spurs are still light up front, so I'm sure he will want to give pre season a go with them. That likely won't work out even with his recent improvement, but you never know, it would be great if a top 5 Dutch club took a shot on him.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    871 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acornvilla View Post
    Spurs are still light up front, so I'm sure he will want to give pre season a go with them. That likely won't work out even with his recent improvement, but you never know, it would be great if a top 5 Dutch club took a shot on him.
    You need to post more often dude, you just sold me a phone case by having the website in your signature
    Its really not that complicated!!!

8. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    492 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    You need to post more often dude, you just sold me a phone case by having the website in your signature
    I too bought a print for a client, looks like good stuff

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    516 Posts
    Fair play to both of you and especially Troy Parrott

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    234 Posts
    Spurs are still light up front, so I'm sure he will want to give pre season a go with them. That likely won't work out even with his recent improvement, but you never know
    There is no indication that he is anywhere near getting back into the frame at Spurs.

My guess is that they haven't released him from the last year of his contract since there is a decent chance a Dutch club will offer a few quid for him. Failing that, he might get another loan out there, to at least get his wages off the books.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    516 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EalingGreen View Post
    There is no indication that he is anywhere near getting back into the frame at Spurs.

My guess is that they haven't released him from the last year of his contract since there is a decent chance a Dutch club will offer a few quid for him. Failing that, he might get another loan out there, to at least get his wages off the books.
    Oh he's definitely worth 5 odd million (maybe less due to length of contract actually) in pure profit for FFP. Which is probably how all PL clubs look at academy players. I was thinking more from his own perspective, I'd assume he'd like to give pre season with them one final hurrah.
    Last edited by Acornvilla; 06/06/2024 at 10:32 AM.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts
    No chance they were going to release him after the season he has just had. He's still worth a few million to them this summer and they'll be open to offers I'm sure. While he didn't live up to his initial billing at Spurs they still have the opportunity to make a profit on him by the time he leaves.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    Fair play to both of you and especially Troy Parrott
    I have two prints - one of Paul McGrath and another of Jackie Jameson framed and hanging on my basement wall! Bought them years ago now but will definitely pick up a phone case too!

16. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    457 Posts
    Oh he's definitely worth 5 odd million (maybe less due to length of contract actually) in pure profit for FFP. Which is probably how all PL clubs look at academy players. I was thinking more from his own perspective, I'd assume he'd like to give pre season with them one final hurrah.
    He'd be a fool to even think that imo. Get your future sorted and out of Spurs asap. Last thing he needs is getting injured before a move is sorted.

18. Thanks From:

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    871 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR89 View Post
    He'd be a fool to even think that imo. Get your future sorted and out of Spurs asap. Last thing he needs is getting injured before a move is sorted.

Didnt he get injured last year and miss all preseason? Seem to remember thinking at the time that it couldnt have been worse timing. Took him a bit of time in the beginning to establish himself in the 1st at Excelsior because of it too.

Hes had a high enough profile at the end of the season that you'd think any clubs that might be interested in him would move fairly quickly, I'd be surprised if a few clubs werent looking at him.
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,267 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    Didnt he get injured last year and miss all preseason? Seem to remember thinking at the time that it couldnt have been worse timing. Took him a bit of time in the beginning to establish himself in the 1st at Excelsior because of it too.
    Yep.

The Spurs contract is a red herring I think. Better a bird in the hand (interest from other clubs already it seems) than two in the bush (Spurs giving him first-team action)

If he reaches Spurs' level in the next couple of years, they or someone like them will still be there. I think he has to try keep the momentum of the last few months going

Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566