Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2161697071
Results 1,401 to 1,415 of 1415

Thread: Troy Parrott F AZ Alkmaar b.2002

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,352 Posts
    Making his (senior) European debut about now, leading the line at home to Elfsborg of Sweden.

Was on the bench for two Champions League games in 2019/20 but never played. And has nine goals in nine Youth League appearances before that.

Bigger challenges than Elfsborg to come too - Spurs of course, plus Bilbao, Roma, Fenerbahce and Galatasaray. Ludogorets and Ferencvaros complete the fixtures. They'll probably be looking to get into the last 24 from that - Elfsborg, Ludogorets and Ferencvaros seem winnable ties.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Scores a peno to put AZ 3-2 up. Great to see.

3. Thanks From:

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    925 Posts
    Just curious if the standard of opposition allows for Parrotts goal to be celebrated? Are they L1 standard, Championship?? I need to know before I can tell if its a good thing that he got the winning goal in a European game. Also, it was a penalty, does that even count?
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    890 Posts
    I'll celebrate any Irish senior squad player scoring a penalty given how bad a lot of them seem to be at them.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,377 Posts
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,352 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    Just curious if the standard of opposition allows for Parrotts goal to be celebrated? Are they L1 standard, Championship?? I need to know before I can tell if its a good thing that he got the winning goal in a European game. Also, it was a penalty, does that even count?
    I think in fairness most of us are able to take the calibre of the opposition and the type of goal into account when building a view of a player without taking offence if someone suggests that not all goals are the equivalent of wonder goals against Man City.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    I think in fairness most of us are able to take the calibre of the opposition and the type of goal into account when building a view of a player without taking offence if someone suggests that not all goals are the equivalent of wonder goals against Man City.
    I knew penalties wouldnt count.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,698 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Exgrad View Post
    I knew penalties wouldnt count.
    Penalties are worth 0.85 goals by my own rule book (depending on the standard of the opposition of course its worth can fluctuate). You get the full credit if you win the penalty too, with additional points over the 1.0 for style of winning it..

Another example, is a goal where you take the ball from inside your own half can be worth up to 2.0 in the SkStu statistics (depending, obviously, on how deep you were when the run started and how many mugs you made of the opposition on your way). A Nayim beats a Beckham but both over 1.25 and so on...

I like high energy football. A little bit rock and roll. Many finishes instead of waiting for the perfect one.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    925 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Penalties are worth 0.85 goals by my own rule book (depending on the standard of the opposition of course its worth can fluctuate). You get the full credit if you win the penalty too, with additional points over the 1.0 for style of winning it..

Another example, is a goal where you take the ball from inside your own half can be worth up to 2.0 in the SkStu statistics (depending, obviously, on how deep you were when the run started and how many mugs you made of the opposition on your way). A Nayim beats a Beckham but both over 1.25 and so on...

But what if a Nayim was the 4th goal in a 4 nil win against Middlesborough and a winning penalty was against Real Madrid... who grades higher on the SkStu statistics?

This is good though, I need someone to be the arbiter of happiness allowance for goals scored so I don't find myself being happy about goals against Ross County or Ajax unnecessarily.

14. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts
    But what if a Nayim was the 4th goal in a 4 nil win against Middlesborough and a winning penalty was against Real Madrid... who grades higher on the SkStu statistics?

This is good though, I need someone to be the arbiter of happiness allowance for goals scored so I don't find myself being happy about goals against Ross County or Ajax unnecessarily.
    I concur; we need some way of extablishing xH (expected happiness) versus actual otherwise we're randomly experiencing emotions purely on the evidence of our own eyes with no stats whatever to back it up - which I think we can all agree is no way to support a team.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,698 Posts
    xH = (((ToG + SoG) - xG)) + (AP*IQ)) / RQO + GN

expected happiness = (((Type of Goal + Style of Goal) - xG)) + (Age of Player * Irish Quotient)) / Relative Quality of Opposition + Game Narrative

A starting point anyway. We'll wait for Snappers to weigh in though.
    I like high energy football. A little bit rock and roll. Many finishes instead of waiting for the perfect one.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    925 Posts
    Jaysus this is gonna be like waiting for VAR to confirm a goal. Everytime someone scores I'll have to refer to SKStu formular to see if I can jump off my couch... but it's perfect, just what was needed around these parts. We can call it the Dontbegettingcarriedaway Theorem

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,698 Posts
    Jaysus this is gonna be like waiting for VAR to confirm a goal. Everytime someone scores I'll have to refer to SKStu formular to see if I can jump off my couch... but it's perfect, just what was needed around these parts. We can call it the Dontbegettingcarriedaway Theorem
    We'll set up a Cantankerous Goals Committee for the more controversial ones.

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by texidub View Post
    Scores a peno to put AZ 3-2 up. Great to see.
    Touch of the Aldridge Shuffle about that Peno, bodes well. Must say he carries himself very well in interviews I've seen since he arrived in the Netherlands.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grafter View Post
    Touch of the Aldridge Shuffle about that Peno, bodes well. Must say he carries himself very well in interviews I've seen since he arrived in the Netherlands.
    No Steve McClaren Duchy going on yet ? !

Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2161697071