Thread: Troy Parrott F Excelsior Rotterdam (loan from Spurs) b.2002

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer82 View Post
    Mourinho is all about the mind games.
    I remember reading years ago that 90% of what he says to the press is aimed at his players.

So him saying Parrott is not ready is designed to get a reaction out of Parrott as much as anything.

Doesn’t look like the young lad is exactly applying himself of late.
    Mourinho may be trying to see if Troy is smart enough to read between the lines ?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Mourinho may be trying to see if Troy is smart enough to read between the lines ?
    the lack of foresight he showed in publicising his friendship with Sean Little would worry you...

Saying that, there are plenty of footballers from Dublin who haven't received any criticism despite their friends and family getting involved in some bad stuff. Anto Stokes I think is the only person who received real stick for it

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elatedscum View Post
    the lack of foresight he showed in publicising his friendship with Sean Little would worry you...

Saying that, there are plenty of footballers from Dublin who haven't received any criticism despite their friends and family getting involved in some bad stuff. Anto Stokes I think is the only person who received real stick for it
    Sorry.. name one very successful footballer who had friends with strong links to alleged bad stuff
    ..I cant think of any except stokes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    John Paul Kelly.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    I don’t really wanna name names for obvious reasons but this link isn’t bad from that perspective. My point was really questioning if Troy was hard done by.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.inde...-35811779.html

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.inde...-35575042.html

There’s another current irish international who’s best friend and brother were both arrested for something serious involving gangland when he was back in the country.

A recent enough key player’s two brothers were involved in some really dodgy stuff...

The kid who was photographed with Troy is also photographed with another irish international who hasn’t gotten the same criticism

A current regular was involved in an assault case in Dublin in the last few years...

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Troy also paid tribute to this lad on Instagram after his death: https://www.thesun.ie/news/4136420/s...ng-kill-rival/

Troy was over to Spurs before he turned 16. Sources at Belvedere inform me that Spurs wanted him over early due to some of the company he was keeping.

Parrott is hardly the first player to be linked with undesirables or undesirable behaviour. The difference here is that he had only turned 18. He's one of our most highly touted and high profile teens in a long time. The microscope on him is, as a result, inevitable.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Perhaps a Ferguson Hawk figure is needed.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    On the bench today. Might get a run out.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Gets about 35 seconds at the end. Wasting his time as long as Mourinho is there.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Gets about 35 seconds at the end. Wasting his time as long as Mourinho is there.
    Interesting to hear the sarcastic cheers when he came on though and resounding boos at the end. Aurier made a few perfect crosses which were crying out for a poacher. Hopefully just a matter of time.

12. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MancIrishWolf View Post
    Interesting to hear the sarcastic cheers when he came on though and resounding boos at the end. Aurier made a few perfect crosses which were crying out for a poacher. Hopefully just a matter of time.
    I'm actually encouraged by this - I wasn't expecting for him to play at all this season, the way Mourinho's been talking, so to see him even get some garbage minutes with ten games left to play is promising - hopefully he'll get some more significant time in the coming weeks and set himself up for next season.

14. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    https://www.rte.ie/amp/1119571/?__tw...mpression=true

"He is not ready. He is not ready," said the Portuguese.

"He is a good kid we want to help, not only on the pitch but off it. He is a kid who's going to have a real opportunity but when we decide it is right.

He's just referenced off the pitch again...

16. Thanks From:

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    https://www.rte.ie/amp/1119571/?__tw...mpression=true

"He is not ready. He is not ready," said the Portuguese.

"He is a good kid we want to help, not only on the pitch but off it. He is a kid who's going to have a real opportunity but when we decide it is right.

He's just referenced off the pitch again...
    I think hanging out on a yacht in Dubai on a week off rather than busting his ar$e in a gym gave the wrong signal to Mourinho regardless of the company he was in.

I've been very strong on that hes being hard done by there but that did change my opinion.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Good to see he hasn't held it against him too much at least, given his inclusion in the squad, and I agree with Sam, token minutes are more encouraging than no minutes. Ian Wright pleaded his case on motd2 last night also.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Could see gametime in the cup tie against Norwich on Wednesday, possibly lining up opposite Idah

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    I've a serous problem with who he is hanging out with etc
    These people are a cancer on our society and he is in a yacht with them
    If he doesn't cop on, you would have to be afraid that he will be another waste of talent

22. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Not the kind of people anyone should be hanging out with !

Any football club needs this sort of an association, like a hole in the head.

Troy Parrot's family , friends and advisors need to cop themselves on if they think any football club wants this sort of association.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamo kerry View Post
    Sorry.. name one very successful footballer who had friends with strong links to alleged bad stuff
    ..I cant think of any except stokes
    Not Irish, but a young Ravel Morrison? This from FourFourTwo...

United felt they’d ... supported him even after he was convicted of intimidating a witness to a knifepoint robbery, for which he’d escaped with a 12-month referral order and was instructed to cough up £2,000 in compensation. And they also backed him after he admitted criminal damage, having thrown his partner’s phone from her parents’ window. Morrison was referred to Salford’s youth offending team for domestic violence counselling, and then fined again.

Some of that was because of connections to gangs around Wythenshawe/Whalley Range which are ... well they're no Altrincham (I was born in Partington, just west of Wythenshawe, before we moved to Stretford). Clubs want players who can sell jerseys and memorabilia, do endorsements, act as ambassadors, not just play football. It doesn't matter if you mature and leave it all behind: nobody is going to waste tens of millions on a player who has a history, even as an underage player, unless they're the very definition of a flawed genius. And there's few enough of those at any one time. Troy, good though he is, isn't in that category.

He needs to be very careful who he hangs out with with. I'd say the same if he wasn't a footballer - the gangs in Dublin today are unadulterated filth.
    Last edited by Eminence Grise; 02/03/2020 at 2:10 PM.
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

25. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    I agree with everything said here so far. The only thing that i would add is that this boils down to choice. These players make these decisions. No one holds a gun to their heads on who they should be hanging around with. They need good guidance to make good decisions. I was fairly close with a couple of friends of Wes Hoolahan back in the early 00's. They mentioned how Wes rejected any of the temptations that arose living in the north Dublin inner city. Head down, focused on football, made smart decisions on who he hung out with. This was when living and playing for Shels and it taking longer than it should have to get his move abroad. But he got his move. I dont know who was advising him but he made the right decisions along the way.

Stokes did the opposite and has just gotten arrested off the airplane for an outstanding warrant.

Parrott needs someone in his corner now. As seanfhear says, this is not a good look, not a good association and you'd have to think it has the potential to turn his head away from his career. But its not too late.

27. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    I agree with everything said here so far. The only thing that i would add is that this boils down to choice. These players make these decisions. No one holds a gun to their heads on who they should be hanging around with. They need good guidance to make good decisions. I was fairly close with a couple of friends of Wes Hoolahan back in the early 00's. They mentioned how Wes rejected any of the temptations that arose living in the north Dublin inner city. Head down, focused on football, made smart decisions on who he hung out with. This was when living and playing for Shels and it taking longer than it should have to get his move abroad. But he got his move. I dont know who was advising him but he made the right decisions along the way.

Stokes did the opposite and has just gotten arrested off the airplane for an outstanding warrant.

Parrott needs someone in his corner now. As seanfhear says, this is not a good look, not a good association and you'd have to think it has the potential to turn his head away from his career. But its not too late.
    Wes brother unfortunately didn't make the right choices

Page 15 of 61 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast