Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 16 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Parrott F Excelsior Rotterdam (loan from Spurs) b.2002

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    It's quite unfair to insinuate Troy's mate is involved with gangland activity due to who his family members are. He hasn't been convicted of anything.

2. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I'd be careful about what you say on this message board as it's not you who'll have to pay the bill if legal action is taken.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,305 Posts
    Parrott starting for Spurs U23s tonight

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Im just happy he’s getting minutes of competitive action anywhere. Close range finish after 8 minutes for his first goal. Hopefully he will grab a couple more. Mourinho actually hadn’t seen him in competitive action so hopefully he can convince him to give him more game time. Probably means he won’t be involved on Wednesday unless he smashes in a couple more and mourinho asks for him to be subbed at half time!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Per report, Parrott played well, was mature and unselfish, bringing others into the game rather than shooting from all angles. Subbed at half time without any injury evident. Hopefully will make bench vs Norwich on Wednesday

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts

Poachers goal
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 02/03/2020 at 7:57 PM.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,214 Posts
    Think that's Pochettino's son lining out in midfield, Maurizio (as opposed to Mauricio, the father)

(Edit - Pochettino with the assist too actually)

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    543 Posts
    Poch’s son was the person who recommended him when he went on trial. Went straight to his father and said he’s a class above anyone I’ve played with etc etc

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    I might be the only one but I think Mourinho is a good manager for Troy at this time in his life.

11. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Any word on how Bowden played, the captain and lad in the photo? He's one of the English born lads that appeared for our 19s a few months back.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts
    Taken off at half time, may well indicate he will be involved on Wednesday in the cup

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    Taken off at half time, may well indicate he will be involved on Wednesday in the cup
    the privileged one...

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2020...earn-mourinho/

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    "He will be on the bench tomorrow," the Spurs boss said of the Dubliner. "We cannot tell you obviously every detail but we're taking good care of a young player and also taking care of a young boy in society, in private life. That's a process.

Jees when i brought this up originally didnt think so much emphasis would be placed on it...clearly there is something they really do not like.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

16. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Yep, Mourinho is not the bad guy here. I too think he's a good manager for him at this stage. A big presence, loads of experience and respect earned. Won't be spooked into giving a youngster a game against his better judgement. I'd say Jose has seen plenty of talented kids from tough backgrounds and I'd trust his call on it before Internet fans convinced the lad should not sign contracts or bang down doors to get out on loan.

Hopefully Spurs have talented player liason /youth education /lifestyle coaches /whatever, to get Troy on the straight path needed to make it as a top level pro.
    The dude abides....

18. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    From The Guardian:

José Mourinho has told Troy Parrott to stop thinking he is “too good” to play for Tottenham’s Under-23s. The manager said he experienced a similar problem with Scott McTominay at Manchester United before he had words with the midfielder and has urged Parrott to show the right attitude to establish himself at Spurs.

Mourinho has been under pressure from supporters to use Parrott, who is the only fit striker in his squad, albeit one who has just turned 18 and has played for a total of 72 minutes. The manager joked that some of the fans who clamour for Parrott have never seen him play and do not even know whether he has blond or dark hair.

Parrott will be on the bench for the FA Cup fifth‑round home tie against Norwich on Wednesday but the discussion around the Republic of Ireland forward concerned the need for him “to have his feet on the ground”.

Mourinho talked about McTominay, whom he brought through at United. He said the player struggled initially to behave properly when he had to return to the youth teams, having tasted life in the senior squad, and his career took off only when he was reminded of a few home truths.

Mourinho sees the parallels with Parrott, who has trained all season with the first team but has appeared in seven under-age matches, scoring 11 goals. He played the first 45 minutes of the under-23 win against Wolves on Monday, scoring once.

“I was so happy with the way he performed and I’m not speaking about his goal. I told him before the game: ‘Every time you play with the kids of your age, you have to show your colleagues why you are the privileged one.’ Because it was something he was not doing. Every time he was playing with the kids, he was playing with the mentality of, ‘I shouldn’t be here’ or, ‘I am too good to be here.’

“I had exactly the same words with Scott McTominay. He was not loved in his age group because he was not there with the right frame of mind. The moment we started changing that lots of things started changing for him.

“Troy cannot go there [the under‑age teams] with discontent, contempt. It is a process. So everything goes very, very well. But this is a world where lots of people don’t even know if Troy has long hair or short hair, or is blond or is dark. They don’t even know that and they speak about Troy, Troy, Troy. There was a guy behind me on the bench the other day: ‘Play Troy, play

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,305 Posts
    Can embed threads from twitter, but this is interesting from The Secret Footballer
    https://twitter.com/TSF/status/1235145430469619714
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    It doesn't fully stack up though, seeing as he got game time at the weekend and more than likely will again tonight. He was getting less game time prior to Dubai! There's obviously a concern there, Mourinho has basically confirmed that anyway. TSF has just been made aware of something the rest of us knew anyway I think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    576 Posts
    I'd be concerned if I was involved in Spurs' management that he was hanging out with extremely dangerous criminals. Not fully focussed on his football. I imagine they've had a chat with him about it. The photos may be old so hopefully he's fully focussed now. He's still a kid.
    But everyone wants to be a gangster now, cruising around on speedboats, drinking Moet in opened short-sleeved shirts with the ink on show. The McGregor syndrome.
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer82 View Post
    I'd be concerned if I was involved in Spurs' management that he was hanging out with extremely dangerous criminals. Not fully focussed on his football. I imagine they've had a chat with him about it. The photos may be old so hopefully he's fully focussed now. He's still a kid.
    But everyone wants to be a gangster now, cruising around on speedboats, drinking Moet in opened short-sleeved shirts with the ink on show. The McGregor syndrome.
    The photo was literally take weeks ago during the winter break and was taken dow from Instagram fairly sharpish.

Hopefully Jose sorts him out but all the wrong noises are coming out about him and it's very worrying.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Parrott came on in extra time against Norwich, missed a penalty in the shootout which Spurs lost.

Page 16 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast