Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Troy Parrott (F Spurs (loaned to Millwall) b.2002)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,897 Posts
    Seems he had plenty offers elsewhere too, but speaking to Kane has made his mind up to go to Millwall.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    678 Posts
    I have been doing a quick check on Millwall's line ups and it looks like they mix things up with their formation quite frequently. I saw 4-3-3, 3-4-3, 4-4-2 and 4-4-1-1. Now, they often go for the big man Smith up top so he may not play the 9 role always. I think that is where he could end up but he definitely can play 10 or wide forward. Their tactical flexibility might suit him well in that sense. If he's playing well then they will surely fit him in. And it seemed to be a good move for Molumby. And it is in London.

I'm quite happy about this one. He would hardly be an undisputed starter at a stylish, quality Championship side given that he is an 18 year old with little senior minutes. And he's best starting here than in League One I think.

3. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Apparently Celtic, Bournemouth, Preston, Stoke and Swansea were in for him but he chose Millwall.

Fair play to him choosing Millwall over Celtic anyway. A lot of Irish players would have chosen the wrong option there.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    He may also be keen to stay in London

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Good move, regular championship football and only moves 8 miles down the road. Considering the off field issues that have been brewing, Spurs are prudent to keep him close and ensure he gets any support he needs. I did start to see some better football under Rowett, but clearly they were still pretty direct with a big target man up front.

Worth bearing in mind that Troy has already lost a half a season in development due to Spurs decision to keep him this side of New Years to ensure he qualifies as “homegrown.”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Its a great move from him - he wasn't going to get a look it as Tottenham due to the management. We will find out abit more about him now next season!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c12000 View Post
    Worth bearing in mind that Troy has already lost a half a season in development due to Spurs decision to keep him this side of New Years to ensure he qualifies as “homegrown.”
    Oh, was that the reason? Homegrown as in Spurs-trained? Or as in English-trained? In any case, with squad quotas these days, that may be to his benefit in the long run.
    Dental Plan

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Homegrown as in Spurs trained. He was unlucky, missed the home grown cutoff by four days because his 18th birthday was on February 4th and the transfer window closed January 31st (He had moved over on his 16th birthday). Would have gone out on loan for the second half of last season in return for signing the new contract otherwise and might even have been in the Connolly/Obafemi Ireland senior squad conversation by now had things gone well on loan. I think it was QPR that were interested at that stage.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,309 Posts
    Season long loan to Millwall confirmed: https://www.millwallfc.co.uk/news/20...-loan-signing/
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on twitter and facebook

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Would Bournemouth not have been a better move, given their style of play?

That said, who knows if Howe will stay? And Millwall is not a bad move by any means, Molumby did well there and Rowett seems to rate Parrott and went to great lengths to beat the opposition into signing the lad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Would I be right in saying he has 4 or 5 games at the start of the season to try play his way into the Irish squad/team

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,309 Posts
    We're playing Bulgaria on Thursday, 3rd September, and Finland the following Sunday. The Championship season doesn't kick off until the following Saturday, the 12th, and the fixtures haven't been announced yet.
    If I had to guess, they'll have played between six and eight games before the play off against Slovakia in October

As things stand, Millwall don't have any preseason fixtures scheduled, but that'll probably change soon
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on twitter and facebook

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    We're playing Bulgaria on Thursday, 3rd September, and Finland the following Sunday. The Championship season doesn't kick off until the following Saturday, the 12th, and the fixtures haven't been announced yet.
    If I had to guess, they'll have played between six and eight games before the play off against Slovakia in October

As things stand, Millwall don't have any preseason fixtures scheduled, but that'll probably change soon
    Yep I forgot about the nations league. So I would be v surprised if troy is involved at all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    I get the feeling I'll be watching an unhealthy amount of Millwall games this season. Parrott seems to have almost become a mythical player that we all think is the saviour of Irish football and we will finally get to see if hes the real deal.

If (and its and big If) we can get through the qualifiers, we could have Parrott and Idah both scoring goals in Championship, Connolly and Obafemi hopefully kicking on further in the Premiership. We could have fantastic competition for places going into the Euros next year.

I cant think when Ive been more excited for season to start

17. Thanks From:

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819