Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 19 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Parrott F Excelsior Rotterdam (loan from Spurs) b.2002

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Seems he had plenty offers elsewhere too, but speaking to Kane has made his mind up to go to Millwall.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    I have been doing a quick check on Millwall's line ups and it looks like they mix things up with their formation quite frequently. I saw 4-3-3, 3-4-3, 4-4-2 and 4-4-1-1. Now, they often go for the big man Smith up top so he may not play the 9 role always. I think that is where he could end up but he definitely can play 10 or wide forward. Their tactical flexibility might suit him well in that sense. If he's playing well then they will surely fit him in. And it seemed to be a good move for Molumby. And it is in London.

I'm quite happy about this one. He would hardly be an undisputed starter at a stylish, quality Championship side given that he is an 18 year old with little senior minutes. And he's best starting here than in League One I think.

3. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Apparently Celtic, Bournemouth, Preston, Stoke and Swansea were in for him but he chose Millwall.

Fair play to him choosing Millwall over Celtic anyway. A lot of Irish players would have chosen the wrong option there.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    He may also be keen to stay in London

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Good move, regular championship football and only moves 8 miles down the road. Considering the off field issues that have been brewing, Spurs are prudent to keep him close and ensure he gets any support he needs. I did start to see some better football under Rowett, but clearly they were still pretty direct with a big target man up front.

Worth bearing in mind that Troy has already lost a half a season in development due to Spurs decision to keep him this side of New Years to ensure he qualifies as “homegrown.”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Its a great move from him - he wasn't going to get a look it as Tottenham due to the management. We will find out abit more about him now next season!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    711 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c12000 View Post
    Worth bearing in mind that Troy has already lost a half a season in development due to Spurs decision to keep him this side of New Years to ensure he qualifies as “homegrown.”
    Oh, was that the reason? Homegrown as in Spurs-trained? Or as in English-trained? In any case, with squad quotas these days, that may be to his benefit in the long run.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Homegrown as in Spurs trained. He was unlucky, missed the home grown cutoff by four days because his 18th birthday was on February 4th and the transfer window closed January 31st (He had moved over on his 16th birthday). Would have gone out on loan for the second half of last season in return for signing the new contract otherwise and might even have been in the Connolly/Obafemi Ireland senior squad conversation by now had things gone well on loan. I think it was QPR that were interested at that stage.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Season long loan to Millwall confirmed: https://www.millwallfc.co.uk/news/20...-loan-signing/
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Would Bournemouth not have been a better move, given their style of play?

That said, who knows if Howe will stay? And Millwall is not a bad move by any means, Molumby did well there and Rowett seems to rate Parrott and went to great lengths to beat the opposition into signing the lad.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Would I be right in saying he has 4 or 5 games at the start of the season to try play his way into the Irish squad/team

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    We're playing Bulgaria on Thursday, 3rd September, and Finland the following Sunday. The Championship season doesn't kick off until the following Saturday, the 12th, and the fixtures haven't been announced yet.
    If I had to guess, they'll have played between six and eight games before the play off against Slovakia in October

As things stand, Millwall don't have any preseason fixtures scheduled, but that'll probably change soon
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    We're playing Bulgaria on Thursday, 3rd September, and Finland the following Sunday. The Championship season doesn't kick off until the following Saturday, the 12th, and the fixtures haven't been announced yet.
    If I had to guess, they'll have played between six and eight games before the play off against Slovakia in October

As things stand, Millwall don't have any preseason fixtures scheduled, but that'll probably change soon
    Yep I forgot about the nations league. So I would be v surprised if troy is involved at all

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    I get the feeling I'll be watching an unhealthy amount of Millwall games this season. Parrott seems to have almost become a mythical player that we all think is the saviour of Irish football and we will finally get to see if hes the real deal.

If (and its and big If) we can get through the qualifiers, we could have Parrott and Idah both scoring goals in Championship, Connolly and Obafemi hopefully kicking on further in the Premiership. We could have fantastic competition for places going into the Euros next year.

I cant think when Ive been more excited for season to start

17. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Look at this idiot. Will he blow it
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.ie/news/5761656/ireland-star-troy-parrott-kinahan-cartel-car-millwall/amp/
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 14/08/2020 at 11:39 AM. Reason: disabled link to the sun

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Garbage journalism. Already known to be friends with that lad anyway so what’s a selfie in a car with him.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    friends with that lad anyway" are you saying no big deal?[/COLOR]

these people are a cancer on our society [/COLOR]

and don't give me any Legal bull, Daniel Kinahan also doesn't have any convictions

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Essentially, yeah. Young working class footballer has few dodgy mates far from the first Irish player to be in that position.

In fact there are more than many would know as others would be less inclined towards putting photos on social media etc

Honestly being friends with those two lads is just that. A stand-alone issue, not reason to think he is going to throw away his career ffs.

If people have a problem with his two mates then so be it, he probably won’t care. Most people won’t.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    "If people have a problem with his two mates then so be it, he probably won’t care"

your absolutely right he doesn't care, that's the issue.

Just to be clear the people in question are from crumlin/drimnagh. Troy is from Summerhill which is nowhere near, so this isn't a we grow up together and are childhood mates etc etc

23. Thanks From:

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    I hate that I just looked at a Sun article. That being said I do worry about these connections for Parrott. There have been plenty of footballers whos careers have be ruined because they wouldnt give up their mates that they grew up with. Ravel Morrison a great example of this.

We've all had people that we have cut out of our lives along the way so I dont want to hear that hes only a young fella with his buddies. Im pretty sure this is what Jose was talking about when he was saying Parrott had a lot of growing up to do.

This is a massive season for Parrott in his development. We are all hoping that he turns into the player he has promised to be. Hopefully he can have a look at one of his other close mates and realize that if he doesnt make the most of it he could be back home playing with Shamrock Rovers

25. Thanks From:

Page 19 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast