Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 25 of 61 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Parrott F Excelsior Rotterdam (loan from Spurs) b.2002

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    No disrespect Tommy, as I’m a big fan of your work on here, but not sure a young Keane is a fair comparison for Parrott.

Had the joy of watching Keane in his first season, including a Keane & Bull double in our first live game which was like watching the rebirth of Jesus for our family. However, Keane benefitted greatly from the experience of Bull, Goodman & Freedman upfront, a supply line of Froggatt & Simpson & quality players like Murray, Richards & Curle at the back, so we were infinitely better than what looks an extremely turgid Millwall team.

That said his impact was astounding with two on his debut and top scorer with 11 in the league (surprisingly low given the calibre of striker, although McGhee rotated players), however as a striker he was a once in a century type player, let alone once in a generation for Ireland.

From what I’ve seen of Parrott, he seems a different type of Kane like player with a taller physique who possibly needs to grow into his frame (Drogba took until his mid-20’s), whereas Keane had that elusive low centre of gravity running from deep. That said, Keane’s attitude and confidence was impeccable, so if Parrott’s attitude is poor, maybe this is the humbling he needs to bring him down to earth and focus his attention.
    Last edited by MancIrishWolf; 16/01/2021 at 8:12 AM.

2. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    The Championship is much stronger now too.

I agree he is struggling but I don't think there's any harm in that. The side is not great and he's not getting his chances. A little adversity will surely do him good. It's quite handy that there are no vitriolic Millwall supporters in the stands to really drive it home to him when he doesn't have a great game or doesn't score or create.

Big test for him now to turn it around before the end of the season.

4. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Starts today. Let's see how he goes.. I actually have a good feeling!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Excellent, hopefully he will do it today! I always have a good feeling at the start which gradually disappears as the Millwall game progresses. Hopefully today will be different!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    1-0 down HT. Dan Mc has made such a difference to their quality of play. Parrott poor. Touch is off. Will be taken off shortly unless big improvement

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Parrott getting a lot of stick online for his first half display, playing wide left. Not as much as Shane Duffy is getting from the Celtic fans all the same.

McNamara's rate of progression is incredible.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    His ball protection, strength and control just not there at the moment. These were all things we saw him have 18 months ago during his brief flirtation with senior football

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Subbed after 79, came into it a small bit in second half. Millwall poor today 2-0 down.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    It's not working out at Millwall for whatever reason. Would like to see him recalled and sent to another club for the second half of the season. Might be no harm if it was a League 1 team.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Yes agree, millwall won’t object much. It’s in their interests to target a tried and tested goal scorer at this stage. Surprised to see him starting today, pressure from Spurs?

Reasonable to drop down a level or continental loan (preference)

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    I would stick it out. He's only 19 in a couple of weeks. The pandemic will ease and he'll be all the better for a bit of adversity. From watching him a few times for Millwall, a bit of tenacity and effort when Millwall don't have the ball is sorely lacking. The penny will have to drop with him soon. Pulling him from the loan doesn't really teach him a lesson on that.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Hopefully articles like this one are just a footnote from a rare turbulent period early in his career. Who knows.

https://the72.co.uk/215556/sorry-to-...forest-defeat/

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    I would stick it out. He's only 19 in a couple of weeks. The pandemic will ease and he'll be all the better for a bit of adversity. From watching him a few times for Millwall, a bit of tenacity and effort when Millwall don't have the ball is sorely lacking. The penny will have to drop with him soon. Pulling him from the loan doesn't really teach him a lesson on that.
    Sticking it out is fine if millwall are willing to keep him. But Rowett is under pressure and is not going to keep giving Parrott chances if he continues to be a passenger. I think it’s more likely that Rowett will end the deal and look for an alternative

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Some of the comments do not bode well for Parrot. I am in no place to add anything substantive to the discussion as I have not seen him play for Millwall but considering there plenty calling into serious question his technical ability it seems to possibly more worrying than simply not being quite ready for men’s football, you would expect to signs that there is a player in there at 18 years of age if he was to go on and reach the heights we had all hoped he would.

Yes, btw, this is probably a rash enough post and hopefully will be proven so.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I wouldn't take much notice of what fan reactions to anything are. There's always a scapegoat and it's often the outsider who is convenient. Not to say they're wrong, but having watched the Millwall game I wouldn't have said he was all that bad. There were certainly worse performances.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Needs to go to the continent and play in a proper team. Being stuck out in the wing in the championship will not do anything for him. That's not what Ajax or Barca would do with their young players.

Should never have signed contract extension under Mourinho either.

Needs new direction quick, career could be non-starter otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Ajax are famous for playing their promising youth players in multiple positions to help develop their overall game
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    They don't ship them off to the churn that is Millwall, is what I am referring to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    they don't play many 18 years olds either
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Dropped today

Page 25 of 61 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast