Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Parrott F Excelsior Rotterdam (loan from Spurs) b.2002

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    The amount of pressure being put on Parrot at 17 years of age by the fans/media when he isn't even established in the spurs team is way over the top. Shouldn't even be considered yet for the Irish senior squad. Let the lad get some first team experience and regular games at club level befoer selecting him at international level

2. Thanks From:

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    Dont know what Parrotts contract situation is but I hope he has a good agent. He will stagnate massively under Mourinho. I understand he is only 17 but he has already grown past youth football and needs games to develop. It can go wrong very quickly in the next couple of years if he doesnt make right decisions regarding his football. Look at Byrne, looked amazing in Holland, made a disaster move to Blackburn where they just hoofed it over his head all day, farts around with a couple of other crap clubs who dont play football and ends up at Rovers rebuilding his career.

Im a United fan and Mourinho said similar things joining the club about how he was excited about the youth team etc.... then spent the entire time complaining that he had to work with kids. My heart genuinely sank when I heard that he was taking the Spurs job and I can only hope that Parrott gets out of there ASAP.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eminence Grise View Post
    Interesting. But would Levy see a c.£20m payoff to Mourinho as an acceptable price for that? Especially if Mourinho replaces those players with a squad of 30-something brick you-know-what-houses and implodes with only a league cup to show for it?
    A League Cup?! He'll get the freedom of Tottenham for that!

5. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wexfordned View Post
    The amount of pressure being put on Parrot at 17 years of age by the fans/media when he isn't even established in the spurs team is way over the top. Shouldn't even be considered yet for the Irish senior squad. Let the lad get some first team experience and regular games at club level befoer selecting him at international level
    I agree - if we were in the position we were in at the start of last year, with Murphy and Doyle retired and Walters close to the same, then there would be a strong case to blood him in early. But since then, Robinson joined and moved up to the Premier League, McGoldrick moved up a level in his career, and Connolly and Obafemi broke through. So right now, when not hampered by injuries, we have five Premier League strikers to choose from, along with three in The Championship, so there's no mad rush needed for Parrott.

That said, there's four months before the play-offs, so it's entirely possible he may get some game time between now and then, whether it's in the FA Cup, or on a loan, or possibly even in the Premier League - and if he does, then yes, he does merit consideration for the play-offs, especially as Mick has already given him a debut.
    Also, given his performances for the U21s and Norwich's troubles, it surely wouldn't be a surprise if we saw Adam Idah's name on a first-team sheet before long.

So by the end of the season, it's entirely possible that we will have seven strikers playing in the Premier League (maybe even eight if Scully's scoring spree continues), along with the three in The Championship and up to three in the SPL. So... better times ahead, hopefully.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    Im a United fan and Mourinho said similar things joining the club about how he was excited about the youth team etc.... then spent the entire time complaining that he had to work with kids. My heart genuinely sank when I heard that he was taking the Spurs job and I can only hope that Parrott gets out of there ASAP.
    Realistically, barring a spade of injuries, he wasn't likely to see a whole pile of game time under Pochettino either. The FA Cup was a possibility and that probably is less likely now, Mourinho will rightly see that as his best opportunity for a quick trophy.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    Realistically, barring a spade of injuries, he wasn't likely to see a whole pile of game time under Pochettino either. The FA Cup was a possibility and that probably is less likely now, Mourinho will rightly see that as his best opportunity for a quick trophy.
    Maybe not but Pochettino had him involved and has a record of bring through young players. If Mourinho ever plays him you can guarantee he would be in the media complaining that he has to play a 17 or 18 year old because hes not getting enough backing from the chairman.

I look at how Rashford, Martial, Luke Shaw were treated by Mourinho at United. He played them almost looking for excuses to bitch about them, and they are all quite a bit older than Parrott. He is shockingly bad at developing young talent and making it better. Im not saying I expect Parrott to be a regular starter every week, but I do want him working with a manager who will at least try to make him better and not just dismiss him as too young and bring in 2 other strikers ahead of him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    He still played Rashford in practically every game. I'm not sure how Martial was treated exactly but he wasn't the only manager to question Luke Shaw's fitness/attitude. If you're made of the right stuff you'll respond well to some criticism, as Rashford did.

I agree it doesn't look ideal though, but maybe Mourinho's time for reflection will make him do things a bit differently this time. He knows he doesn't have blank cheques to work with. If Parrott ends up going out on loan, so be it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    Bundesliga interest in Parrott hotting up according to reports

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Stay grounded , take a loan move to the championship in January, bang them in and get your starting place for Ireland

Don't rush off to Germany

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    Stay grounded , take a loan move to the championship in January, bang them in and get your starting place for Ireland

As opposed to getting a move to Germany and banging them in there?

It'd be a great move for him.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts

You think that one of our most promising prospects in recent times would be better off at 17 moving to the Championship - the grinder of English football - instead of Germany, where they know how to treat promising kids?
    Okey dokey/
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    I think Dortmund would be a better option for him than Bayern. He wouldn't get much more game time with Bayern than he would get with Spurs.
    Anyway, there is very little to be found in German media about the alleged interest by either Bayern or Dortmund. Much less then when Bayern were (unsuccessfully) chasing Hudson-Odoi. Any German source writing about interest in Parrott is referring back to articles in British papers.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    As opposed to getting a move to Germany and banging them in there?

It'd be a great move for him.
    Your assuming he immediately gets into the first 11 in Dortmund I'm not

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Your assuming he immediately gets into the first 11 in Dortmund I'm not
    You're assuming equally that he gets into the first 11 at any championship side then?
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Not even training with the first team today ahead of Olympiakos game. He will be playing for the under 19s so. Hopefully, this “demotion” is only related to the fact he’s preparing for a separate game tomorrow. Early worrisome signs

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    You're assuming equally that he gets into the first 11 at any championship side then?
    I think that's more realistic no?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c12000 View Post
    Not even training with the first team today ahead of Olympiakos game. He will be playing for the under 19s so. Hopefully, this “demotion” is only related to the fact he’s preparing for a separate game tomorrow. Early worrisome signs
    he's only 17. I guess it will be 2 years before he is fully up and running.
    given the reports from reliable sources about interest from big german and italian clubs its obvious he is very highly regarded.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbyrne View Post
    he's only 17. I guess it will be 2 years before he is fully up and running.
    given the reports from reliable sources about interest from big german and italian clubs its obvious he is very highly regarded.
    Not being smart but what reliable sources are you referring to? I've only seen the tabloid speculation.

On that tabloid speculation, I do enjoy the Dortmund link. Whilst they may well be, it's the most obvious club to attribute an interest to. Wondering how long it takes for Red Bull or Hoffenheim to be thrown into the mix.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    He starts for the U19's at 2pm. Another three or four goals there would be timely.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,611 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    Not being smart but what reliable sources are you referring to? I've only seen the tabloid speculation.

On that tabloid speculation, I do enjoy the Dortmund link. Whilst they may well be, it's the most obvious club to attribute an interest to. Wondering how long it takes for Red Bull or Hoffenheim to be thrown into the mix.
    I agree that there have been no reliable sources per se but was just saying at the weekend that the persistence of these rumours over the last year or more suggest that there must be some actual interest amongst some fairly reputable German clubs.

Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast