Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 36 of 61 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Parrott F Excelsior Rotterdam (loan from Spurs) b.2002

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Couldn't get the better of Bazunu yesterday but did play a lovely 30 yard through pass to set up the MK Dons winner - at 1:30 in the clip.

https://youtu.be/1oB7KPnnXPc
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Couldn't get the better of Bazunu today but did play a lovely 30 yard through pass to set up the MK Dons winner - at 1:30 in the clip.

https://youtu.be/1oB7KPnnXPc
    One of the mk dons forums had him as man of the match. Poor strike off his left for the one bazunu saved from him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    Goal for Parrott from the spot today and sounds like a good showing too.

At the other end Parrott fired narrowly off target from the edge of the box.
    Just before the half-hour mark Dons striker Scott Twine forced David Stockdale into an agile stop.
    The Dons went ahead five minutes before half-time after Stewart was shown a straight red card for upending the onrushing Parrott in the box. Parrott hauled himself off the deck to coolly slot the resulting penalty past Stockdale, giving the Dons the lead just before the interval.
    Twine almost doubled the Dons' lead soon after the restart, while Stockdale was smartly down to keep another Parrott effort at bay.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts
    MK Dons is turning into a good move for him and it's easy to see why when you look at the style of football they try and play compared to Ipswich who were basically the Millwall of League One.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    Credited with an assist against Fleetwood today: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58633781

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts
    Yeah got the assist for the second goal but his build up play in the first goal was much better. Though Twine was the star of the show with one of the best hat tricks I've seen scored.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR89 View Post
    Yeah got the assist for the second goal but his build up play in the first goal was much better.
    Agreed, lovely cross field switch for the first.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts
    MK Dons fans love him. Their only critisim is he drops deep too often and doesn't get into the box more. Especially when Eisa and Watters were out injured the last couple of games. He'd still drop deep when he was their main striker.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Dropped for today's game against Wigan; came on as a late sub. First time he'd been relegated to the bench. Don't know was it tactical or what. 3 goals from 11 games isn't a great return, but it's not disastrous either.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts
    Mk Dons went 3-4-3. Might be 3 goals but has 4 assists too as well as being influential in goals without the assist. Parrotts not an out and out striker, he's more a ten who'll link up play.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Great point JR89. Three goals and four assists in 11 matches would be considered exceptional in many leagues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Mk Dons went 3-4-3. Might be 3 goals but has 4 assists too as well as being influential in goals without the assist. Parrotts not an out and out striker, he's more a ten who'll link up play.
    Absolutely. The discussion around Parrott, much more so than Idah, needs to account for this. It is an interesting development that Kenny has now switched to a 3421. That's the ideal platform for getting the best of Troy's potential if he develops as we would hope.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    That’s a point lost in a lot of people who try compare him to Robbie Keane. He’s not going to be our CF, he’s more of the player who will play in the middle of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    Scored in MK Dons' 4-2 defeat to Aston Villa's U21s in the EFL Trophy tonight: https://www.mkdons.com/news/2021/oct...--aston-villa/

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samhaydenjr View Post
    Scored in MK Dons' 4-2 defeat to Aston Villa's U21s in the EFL Trophy tonight: https://www.mkdons.com/news/2021/oct...--aston-villa/

Was a good finish from Parrott. He was playing behind the front two as the advanced midfielder. The lad that has replaced him in the starting XI started last night deeper in midfield.

17. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Was this their weaker side put out? Nice involvement in the build up and nice finish. That's his best position for scoring just coming in from outside the box.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts
    Yeah MK Dons put their weaker side out for this cup competition with the odd league starter in the starting XI. Their bench was packed with regular starters though, five of the seven.

It's probably going to be Parrotts best position in the long term playing behind the striker in that number 10 role. He's not an out and out center forward and if you were to play him there you'd need two wide players that are going to come inside and push ahead of him looking for the ball as he's always going to drop off towards midfield.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    Agree he's not an out and out striker as his natural tendency is to drift (deep). But good involvement and finish for the first goal and nice back heel pass in the build-up to his team's second goal.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Handed his first start in a month last night in the EFL trophy, and was sent off on 90 minutes for a headbutt (how severe or slight of one, I don't know)

Doubly disappointing given he hasn't started a league game in seven weeks now - in fact, has only played 30 minutes in the league in that time. After a good start to the season, I think he needs a change of form to be considered for the March squads tbh.

22. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    His present trajectory is not looking good. Of course it’s in no way too late for that to change.

On actual ability it looks like he lacks that yard of pace to make it at the top level unless you have extra exceptional ability otherwise. I always point to Teddy Sheringham as a player that got the most out of his abilities without that extra yard of pace = An example to any player with-out that pace. I would also point out that Teddy Sheringham was very good in the air ( something that never hurts ) and really clever player on the ground ~ passing and all round play. sheringham is a player that should be studied assidiously by all players that lack a bit of pace. What a career he knocked out of his actually abilities.

Page 36 of 61 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast