Page 38 of 61 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Parrott F Excelsior Rotterdam (loan from Spurs) b.2002

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c12000 View Post
    I certainly wouldn’t give up on parrott yet, still finding his way. But just needs to keep playing football, he’s 20 next month. It seems that he needs to move on from Mk dons to get regular football until end of season. They’ve basically replaced with with the Wolves loan signing
    Would there be much demand ?

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    I certainly wouldn’t give up on parrott yet, still finding his way.
    For sure.

I've always said that the law of averages alone means not all of Idah/Connolly/Parrott will come good. Add in Ferguson to that batch, and if we get a decent forward pairing out of it for the next 10+ years, we'll have done very well.

3. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    He's still a teenager. Give the boy a break. He's actually done very well, all things considered.

People like to play up the supposedly unsavoury company he keeps and question his morals. But he really does some to be a genuine, hardworking, dedicated and driven professional, based on most accounts.

I wish him well.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Would there be much demand ?
    Lower tier league one perhaps, but certainly there won’t be too many after him in January

6. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trequartista20 View Post
    He's still a teenager. Give the boy a break. He's actually done very well, all things considered.
    Has he?

On his third loan spell now; 5 goals in 50 league games, all in the third tier. Can't remember who posted the stats about under 21 scorers across the top three divisions, but there's plenty of young players doing better, especially in the third tier.

Obviously he's young and it's great he's getting game time and so on - but I think it's a stretch to say he's done very well. It's two years now since people were calling for him to be more part of the Spurs first team (and made two sub appearances in the PL) but he's done nothing since to justify the early hype or, indeed, his place in the national squad. I think we can say that while absolutely wishing him well and hoping he finds his feet. As it is, I wonder which club will take a punt on him for a next loan. Will he have to drop a division?

There's a tendency here to go over the top with views on our young players and I think more objectivity would be useful at times.

8. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

People like to play up the supposedly unsavoury company he keeps and question his morals. But he really does some to be a genuine, hardworking, dedicated and driven professional, based on most accounts.

I wish him well.
    Give him a break from what? We are merely discussing his 3rd disappointing loan spell as he turns 20 and suggesting he needs to find another club for the next 4 months given his current predicament (at a lower standard), so he can continue to get valuable experience at his tender age

10. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts
    Lower tier league one perhaps, but certainly there won’t be too many after him in January
    At this stage he could do worse than a move back home for a year to see if he can get a run of games and goals and prove he has the hunger. I feel for him. This loan move looked great for a while but maybe he needs a complete change of scenery.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Give him a break from what? We are merely discussing his 3rd disappointing loan spell as he turns 20 and suggesting he needs to find another club for the next 4 months given his current predicament (at a lower standard), so he can continue to get valuable experience at his tender age
    Let's see. You can huff and puff and bluster, but I think he has good ability and he'll end up having (in relative terms) a very good career and do well for the Éire.

Again, still a teenager.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Let's see. You can huff and puff and bluster, but I think he has good ability and he'll end up having (in relative terms) a very good career and do well for the Éire.

Again, still a teenager.
    Let’s see? I’m merely highlighting he has dwindled at MK Dons and needs to move on to secure league starts unless an injury occurs in the the next couple of weeks. I’m unsure how you construed that I don’t think he has good ability or will not be able to carve out a good career. What’s a “very good career” in “relative terms”, who are you comparing his career to?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Fair enough. If I misunderstood I of course apologise.

Clearly I meant a good career relative to where we are as a footballing nation.

Parrott is far from the finished article, but has shown enough, from what I've seen of him, to make me believe that he has the attitude, work-rate and technique to play at a reasonably high level. If, in the course of his career, Parrott can do well for a sustained period even at Championship level then, obviously, that's probably always going to be good enough to be considered for selection for Ireland.

Sometimes (and I don't accuse you off this) it seems as if people want to write players off too early in their development.

Several players who've done well for Ireland have been quite late developers. For example, Walters, Holland, Kinsella, Randolph, Forde and McGoldrick didn't look absolutely outstanding early in their careers, only reaching a higher level in their mid-twenties or later, and yet were fine servants for Ireland.
    Last edited by Trequartista20; 21/01/2022 at 3:02 PM.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    None of those players were child stars

Its a completely different phycological hurdle to go from being the next Bergkamp to league 1 failure back to being a star again

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    None of those players were child stars

Its a completely different phycological hurdle to go from being the next Bergkamp to league 1 failure back to being a star again
    Being a Child star rarely works out in show business long term. Maybe the same can be said of football.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Troy starts today with Conor Coventry vs Doncaster. A couple of goals for Troy incoming against the bottom side to get him back on track! Come on lads 👍🏻 👍🏻

18. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    MK Dons just signed Connor Wickham. They’re now loaded with attacking options. Let’s see if Troy can rediscover some form today…he needs to if he wants to see more consistent starts at MK Dons

20. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts
    Parrrott has had 4 of his side's 12 shots in the first half -- but Doncaster are leading by a goal from their 3.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts
    Live Score have him down as playing as the 10 in a 4-2-3-1 but think he's playing LW with Twine as the 10 going by comments on the MK Dons forum.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Not a good day for MK Dons, lost 0-1 at home to bottom side. Parrott not getting much love on forum or Twitter. Let’s see if any movement before transfer window closes or if he’ll try to tough it out. Wickham being brought in along with the Wolves forward is concerning

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts
    Not a good day for MK Dons, lost 0-1 at home to bottom side. Parrott not getting much love on forum or Twitter. Let’s see if any movement before transfer window closes or if he’ll try to tough it out. Wickham being brought in along with the Wolves forward is concerning
    "....the lack of options in attack have left (manager) Manning eager to find more cutting edge before the transfer window is over....

'It's something we're looking at at the moment,' he admitted.....'We had 17 shots from inside their box, so it just comes down to quality. You can over-analyse how that looks, in terms of the week we've had, but it was just down to quality in the penalty box.' (MK Citizen, 22 Jan).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts
    One forum he is getting sympathy from some fans alright, and was played out of position on the wing yesterday. Also feel the frustrations of MK Dons fans is probably high enough as it is without losing to the team coming last given their squad has been pulled apart again mid season by loans being recalled and have lost probably the best player in League One in O'Riley and probably won't spend any of his money to strengthen the squad.

He should definitely tough it out before finding a new team in League One next season or even a return to MK Dons depending how the season ends. Can't cut another loan short.

26. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Playing well tonight apparently. Hit post and just had a volley saved. Just needs a goal!!! Eisa another forward has been poor for a while now.

Page 38 of 61 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast