Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647

Thread: Troy Parrott (F Spurs (loaned to MK Dons) b.2002)

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    373 Posts
    Stay with MK dons for another season. This is where he has started to deliver
    Why change now? Its too risky to have another Millwall. He is a confidence based player.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    414 Posts
    Had a quick look at the MK Dons forum this morning and the general view is that their team next season will pretty much be Dean Lewington (who was there when they were still called Wimbledon) and whatever 10 players a new manager decides to sign to play alongside him.

So Parrott staying there would be unlikely to offer the consistency that staying on would usually bring.

I really think he has kicked on in the last few months in terms of his physical development as well as his all round game. I think if he had the right attitude all the way since pre season a move to the Championship wouldn't be in doubt. So hopefully he doesn't lose out because his stats aren't as impressive because he only turned the corner around December time.

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    557 Posts
    It's clear that the right side, with the right coach and football philosophy is going to be crucial for Troy. There's a huge amount of fluidity between leagues generally in England, and top 6 L1 isn't miles off bottom half chship - so he probably should be looking at a Coventry, Preston, Blackpool even; but maybe South England is better for him, so the likes of Reading might not be worst.

I've no idea of what style of football most of them play, but I do know Coventry have been getting lauded for their approach to youngsters and playing decent football.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    494 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Well you can't really say "He played well except for that three-month spell when he didn't play well"

Will a Championship club look at him and think "Hm - he took until after Christmas to really get up to speed with L1; we can't risk that he'll take that long to get up to speed with the Championship"?
    Obafemi also didnt get up to speed this year until around Feb and has been great since. Young players sometimes take a bit of work from themselves and also the coaching staff to get things right. Like Obafemi the penny seems to have dropped in regards to working that bit harder in training and the results from it are now starting to pay off.

Personally I'd like to see him at a higher level than L1 next season. Hes probably not ready for Spurs 1st team but hes proven he is more than capable at L1. He didnt do very well in his last loans in the Championship but hes developed quite a bit since. I agree that he needs to go to a club that plays decent football. He also shouldnt be signed as 9. He definitely plays a lot deeper than that and he roamed quite a bit in the MK Dons team.

I wouldnt be surprised to see him have a super preseason with Spurs and play well in some friendlies. Hes an intelligent footballer and I think he will look better surrounded by better players. Its going to be interesting to see where he ends up next season.

6. Thanks From:

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647