Page 35 of 62 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Parrott F Excelsior Rotterdam (loan from Spurs) b.2002

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    The first touch for the assist was class but the way the ball eventually found the goalscorer was a bit jammy, no?
    100% it was a great touch and he flicks it to a dangerous area, but it takes a couple of deflections and it couldn't be classed as an actual pass. Took the goal brilliantly though and the fact his touch is so good is the sign of a confident player.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

2. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    each of his league goals this season has been lovely.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    900 Posts
    The first touch for the assist was class but the way the ball eventually found the goalscorer was a bit jammy, no?

Jammy as hell. But the jammier he gets the happier I'll be. Every little bit of good luck will build his confidence.
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eminence Grise View Post
    Jammy as hell. But the jammier he gets the happier I'll be. Every little bit of good luck will build his confidence.
    Elite strikers are often jammy. It's a weird combination of preternatural technique and situational awareness. Of course, mediocre strikers can look jammy too. Only time will tell.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts
    He is the only player that it doesn't bother me that he is playing third tier football. My gut tells me when he is scoring he will score against any team in the world. Re service to him it depends on the formation kenny goes with. He is a much better player the Idah tbh

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    I see what you're saying. I think Idah still has plenty to learn about being a top class forward but Parrott is more talented and instinctive and is more ready for the here and now as a consequence.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    I dont get the jammy comments on that assist. He controlled the ball and immediately got the ball into dangerous area. He might have specifically known that it would got to another Dons player but he did exactly what he tried to do. Jammy would be if he missed controlled it and could have gone anywhere off his shin. To me it showed good composure and awareness.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,219 Posts
    I think he got a bit lucky that it deflected right into the path of a teammate. But it was a nice first touch, and if you keep trying forward passes in that position, you'll get lucky more often than if you don't

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    But is it luck if the ball goes into the area that you played it?

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,219 Posts
    Well it didn't really - it took a deflection.

But I do think the more you try those passes, the luckier you get

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    He is the only player that it doesn't bother me that he is playing third tier football. My gut tells me when he is scoring he will score against any team in the world. Re service to him it depends on the formation kenny goes with. He is a much better player the Idah tbh
    Exactly. Imagine how giddy you are as a MK Dons fan to have a 19 year old break into the team coupled with goals and performances like these over the last few games (even more so if he wasnt a loanee of course). We should be feeling kinda the same.

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    I see what you're saying. I think Idah still has plenty to learn about being a top class forward but Parrott is more talented and instinctive and is more ready for the here and now as a consequence.
    I think Idah is less likely to score, but he looked to have grown into that lone forward role in the last international window. He looked bigger and stronger than previously, though some of that may have been confidence.

Parrott is more exciting, but I need to see more of him. I don't like to read too much into a couple of goals. He was poor enough last year at a low enough level to make me cautious.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    I think Idah is less likely to score, but he looked to have grown into that lone forward role in the last international window. He looked bigger and stronger than previously, though some of that may have been confidence.

Parrott is more exciting, but I need to see more of him. I don't like to read too much into a couple of goals. He was poor enough last year at a low enough level to make me cautious.
    I think both Idah and Parrott both look like they have bulked up a bit this season

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Exactly. Imagine how giddy you are as a MK Dons fan to have a 19 year old break into the team coupled with goals and performances like these over the last few games (even more so if he wasnt a loanee of course). We should be feeling kinda the same.
    I wouldn't wholly disagree but the expectation levels between fans of MK Dons and our national team should be different. A League 1 team having a teenager showing a bit of form at that level might provoke giddiness for MK Dons supporters but, as Ireland fans, I'd say guarded optimism is more where I'm landing at the moment.

People (in general, not you specifically) seem particularly entrenched on Parrott. One camp wants to annoint him our next world class talent and to focus on a handful of Spurs underage games, 3 games for MK Dons and the Andorra match. They refuse to look closely at the Milwall or Ipswich loans.

The other camp have him earmarked as Anthony Stokes MkII and reverse it. Will only focus on the Milwall/Ipswich loans and disregard the flashes of potential.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,094 Posts
    I think those two camps are just the loudest camps and prevalent somewhere like YBIG. He's gifted, has struggled and is now showing his gifts at a relatively low level. A lot to do.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts
    I'm strictly in the he is a confidence player camp. I believe if he scored a few in a row with either millwall and Ipswich he would have banged them in consistently.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Parrott's still a teenager. I think we're so desperate for a breakout star - a saviour - that we put a bit too much, if not pressure then expectation, on his young shoulders.

Troy gets criticised for the company he keeps, especially on another forum, but I'm not sure we can fairly question his application and attitude - he's an excellent trainer and was praised for his efforts by Rowett at Millwall and Lambert and Cook at Ipswich, and has clearly won over the MK coaching staff as well.

The comments he made at the end of last season showed a modest and driven young man who's keen to have a very good career in the game, and this season it looks like he means business at a well chosen club that plays good football and will allow Troy to flourish.

I'm very positive about his career prospects.

21. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts
    I'm positive too, but if he is hanging around with cartel associates. That isnt good news for anyone. They are a complete cancer on our society

23. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    I wouldn't wholly disagree but the expectation levels between fans of MK Dons and our national team should be different. A League 1 team having a teenager showing a bit of form at that level might provoke giddiness for MK Dons supporters but, as Ireland fans, I'd say guarded optimism is more where I'm landing at the moment.

People (in general, not you specifically) seem particularly entrenched on Parrott. One camp wants to annoint him our next world class talent and to focus on a handful of Spurs underage games, 3 games for MK Dons and the Andorra match. They refuse to look closely at the Milwall or Ipswich loans.

The other camp have him earmarked as Anthony Stokes MkII and reverse it. Will only focus on the Milwall/Ipswich loans and disregard the flashes of potential.
    Regarding your first paragraph above, i think we are more or less saying the same thing. A 19 year old scoring goals is exciting for us though. Remember Grealish tearing it up in League One (wasnt it?). Couldnt stay in my seat... im not quite as giddy with Parrott given how he didnt fare as well last year but, still like, he's 19 and scoring goals. Either way, i am more or less sitting back and waiting to see how the next 9 months pans out before getting too giddy.

25. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    I think Parrott is more Patrick Bamford than Robbie Keane. He will probably be a good Premiership striker eventually but hes not the wonderkid we thought he was going to be initially

Page 35 of 62 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast