Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Cork AUL Premier & Premier A 2019/20

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Great post. Heard that the appeals were heard yesterday and have come down in favour of the clubs afik Innishvilla, Macroom, Buttevant and Pearse

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    That’s abit of work many new clubs join ? Didn’t south coast Kilmichael move to Aul not sure of many more . If the above figures are true it would seem like the Aul is like a roundabout. What’s happening are just a bunch of lads coming together and forming clubs with their friends for a few years then bailing ? How can that be addressed by the Aul surely they can’t be held accountable for clubs folding ? I know they could put stricter criteria around new clubs but then a lot of lads that wanted to play wouldn’t have teams to go to so in that effect the Aul are facilitating football to the public in Cork . It’s a hard call maybe if Aul has implemented certain standards back in the late 90’s early 00’s they might have built up a stronger core of clubs helped them with funding helped and pushed clubs to develop if funding direct from Aul wasn’t an option they could have provided information help meetings asked clubs to present their plans for development and then helped guide and push that club towards grants etc introducing them to the correct people to contact maybe. But then again if they had implemented stronger standards how many clubs teams wouldn’t have a league to play in ?? So it’s a tough one do the Aul now look at themselves and try an implement change ?? Giving clubs a 5 year grace to bring in standards by asking clubs to come up with a 5 year plan and the Aul then using its organization to help and guide those clubs in the right directions ( maybe tie clubs to Aul for 10 years if Aul help them ) or does it continue as normal and watch clubs grow in their league and then move . It’s hard to call how many 1 team clubs are happy just to kick a ball around I would say lots and I’d have no issue with that as they are providing an outlet for football in cork which is much needed so do Aul which are providing football for those clubs rush losing them to other league bodies or do Aul decide they are better then that and implement change probably losing a lot of those 1 club teams and resulting in smaller numbers in the Aul what do you do ?? Do you as Aul brave it out implement it and continue with smaller numbers or do you provide a league for all knowing that every year you’ll lose clubs etc I don’t envy the Aul tough calls ahead but in my opinion the Aul will always be here they provide a league and an avenue for players to play week in week out .

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Common sense View Post
    That’s abit of work many new clubs join ? Didn’t south coast Kilmichael move to Aul not sure of many more . If the above figures are true it would seem like the Aul is like a roundabout. What’s happening are just a bunch of lads coming together and forming clubs with their friends for a few years then bailing ? How can that be addressed by the Aul surely they can’t be held accountable for clubs folding ? I know they could put stricter criteria around new clubs but then a lot of lads that wanted to play wouldn’t have teams to go to so in that effect the Aul are facilitating football to the public in Cork . It’s a hard call maybe if Aul has implemented certain standards back in the late 90’s early 00’s they might have built up a stronger core of clubs helped them with funding helped and pushed clubs to develop if funding direct from Aul wasn’t an option they could have provided information help meetings asked clubs to present their plans for development and then helped guide and push that club towards grants etc introducing them to the correct people to contact maybe. But then again if they had implemented stronger standards how many clubs teams wouldn’t have a league to play in ?? So it’s a tough one do the Aul now look at themselves and try an implement change ?? Giving clubs a 5 year grace to bring in standards by asking clubs to come up with a 5 year plan and the Aul then using its organization to help and guide those clubs in the right directions ( maybe tie clubs to Aul for 10 years if Aul help them ) or does it continue as normal and watch clubs grow in their league and then move . It’s hard to call how many 1 team clubs are happy just to kick a ball around I would say lots and I’d have no issue with that as they are providing an outlet for football in cork which is much needed so do Aul which are providing football for those clubs rush losing them to other league bodies or do Aul decide they are better then that and implement change probably losing a lot of those 1 club teams and resulting in smaller numbers in the Aul what do you do ?? Do you as Aul brave it out implement it and continue with smaller numbers or do you provide a league for all knowing that every year you’ll lose clubs etc I don’t envy the Aul tough calls ahead but in my opinion the Aul will always be here they provide a league and an avenue for players to play week in week out .
    Didnt they have a 5 year plan years ago? Maybe someone that is around the AUL longer than me could answer that ? Does not look like that worked out well for them . The Shipping league looks like a better organised option for the one team clubs at the moment . But maybe that is because they only have 20 teams?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Very interesting read on clubs that have gone, a real shame.

I quite liked the bigger 1st and 2nd divisions this season, it's a pity it never got to finish with the virus.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Play it out View Post
    Very interesting read on clubs that have gone, a real shame.

I quite liked the bigger 1st and 2nd divisions this season, it's a pity it never got to finish with the virus.
    Like the post from common sense says they must do something or else there will be more teams go . Teams folding the AUL cant do much about i guess.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Your right Jake back 20 years ago the MSl and Aul came to an understanding that the MSl would not accept any teams from Aul to give Aul the chance to build the league and establish standards . This came about in the late 90’s early 00’s after an influx of teams left Aul to join MSl . If you look back no teams transferred for years due to that agreement that was in place . Not much was done by the Aul bar a change to their own rules rule 7c ) All clubs seeking admission/readmission to membership of the league must provide a ground, with dressing facilities for the referee and their opponents, over which it shall have sole control on match days.
    The Aul to best of my knowledge didn’t help clubs or provide clubs with information or provide guidance on how this would be achieved. Basically they bought time off the MSL . Their has been bad blood since as the MSL has agreed in good faith and took Aul at their word that they would implement it but all it turned out to be was basically the Aul saying x to buy time basically making fools out of MSl .

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Common sense View Post
    Your right Jake back 20 years ago the MSl and Aul came to an understanding that the MSl would not accept any teams from Aul to give Aul the chance to build the league and establish standards . This came about in the late 90’s early 00’s after an influx of teams left Aul to join MSl . If you look back no teams transferred for years due to that agreement that was in place . Not much was done by the Aul bar a change to their own rules rule 7c ) All clubs seeking admission/readmission to membership of the league must provide a ground, with dressing facilities for the referee and their opponents, over which it shall have sole control on match days.
    The Aul to best of my knowledge didn’t help clubs or provide clubs with information or provide guidance on how this would be achieved. Basically they bought time off the MSL . Their has been bad blood since as the MSL has agreed in good faith and took Aul at their word that they would implement it but all it turned out to be was basically the Aul saying x to buy time basically making fools out of MSl .
    So you are basically saying the AUL lied to the MSL . Did nothing and are now trying to block clubs leaving. The AUL couldnt run a bath . Silvermint is right all they are interested in is free pints in the Kiln . Actually I am wrong the are capable of running something ------- running their league into the ground

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JaketheSnake View Post
    So you are basically saying the AUL lied to the MSL . Did nothing and are now trying to block clubs leaving. The AUL couldnt run a bath . Silvermint is right all they are interested in is free pints in the Kiln . Actually I am wrong the are capable of running something ------- running their league into the ground
    Lots of interesting points,

No coincidence we went through a big reduction in teams that folded since the last financial crash and if you look at the larger employers around cork they all have gone to a shift work, not as many fellas working in building sites etc so all the clubs that have folded had no under age making it harder to find players

If you look at MSL lots of bigger clubs have 2/3 junior teams this is also effecting AUL. If they want to remain they need to look to the bigger clubs to get in 2nd 3rd teams at this stage because very few new clubs forming.

Top of my head castleview are the only MSL senior side with a 2nd side in the AUL, and they are in good form over passed year winning 3rd division and would have went close this season. They might fancy going MSL them selfs.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Cant speak about every club that has dropped out but i dont think most of them dropped out due to a lack of finances

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JaketheSnake View Post
    Cant speak about every club that has dropped out but i dont think most of them dropped out due to a lack of finances
    Didn’t mean club finances just meant players working shift work etc,

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Castleview came third last year and were asked if they'd go up.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. football View Post
    Didn’t mean club finances just meant players working shift work etc,
    Most fella.s just don't care 1year after leeside..Wilton and Kinsale left the challenge was gone ..no competition....just my opinion no one wants to be handed honours.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Did a little table out to finish the Premier section out based on % of points currently against remining games as i have seen some leagues are finishing like this, what do people think this way you can have promotions and relegations( not fair to call them champions, also if 5 teams are leaving will be movement no doubt in the sections. was is a bit scued seen as Coachford have 3 games played with 100% record they get max points, no matter how good a team is they would have dropped some points, gratten had added players and would have picked up a few points I'm sure

This is what it gave us
    Murphy’s Stout Premier League
    P Pts % per games played Points per left Total Final postion
    Knocknaheeney Celtic 8 21 87.5 26 47 2nd
    Coachford 3 9 100 45 54 1st
    Macroom A 5 9 60 24 33 3rd
    Kanturk 6 9 50 18 23 6th
    Pearse Celtic A 4 6 50 21 27 4th/5th
    Innishvilla A 4 6 50 21 27 4th/5th
    St. John Bosco A 5 4 27 11 15 7th
    Bohemians 4 3 25 11 14 8th/9th
    Glenthorn Celtic A 4 3 25 11 14 8th/9th
    Grattan United 5 1 0.06 1 2 10th

Finished table of

1st Coachford 54
    2nd Knocknaheeney Celtic 47
    3rd Macroom A 33
    4th/5th Pearse Celtic A 27
    4th/5th Innishvilla A 27
    6th Kanturk 23
    7th St. John Bosco A 15
    8th/9th Bohemians 14
    8th/9th Glenthorn Celtic A 14
    10th Grattan United 2

What do people think? Personal i think table would have finished very close to this, not that it matters!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. football View Post
    Did a little table out to finish the Premier section out based on % of points currently against remining games as i have seen some leagues are finishing like this, what do people think this way you can have promotions and relegations( not fair to call them champions, also if 5 teams are leaving will be movement no doubt in the sections. was is a bit scued seen as Coachford have 3 games played with 100% record they get max points, no matter how good a team is they would have dropped some points, gratten had added players and would have picked up a few points I'm sure

This is what it gave us
    Murphy’s Stout Premier League
    P Pts % per games played Points per left Total Final postion
    Knocknaheeney Celtic 8 21 87.5 26 47 2nd
    Coachford 3 9 100 45 54 1st
    Macroom A 5 9 60 24 33 3rd
    Kanturk 6 9 50 18 23 6th
    Pearse Celtic A 4 6 50 21 27 4th/5th
    Innishvilla A 4 6 50 21 27 4th/5th
    St. John Bosco A 5 4 27 11 15 7th
    Bohemians 4 3 25 11 14 8th/9th
    Glenthorn Celtic A 4 3 25 11 14 8th/9th
    Grattan United 5 1 0.06 1 2 10th

Finished table of

1st Coachford 54
    2nd Knocknaheeney Celtic 47
    3rd Macroom A 33
    4th/5th Pearse Celtic A 27
    4th/5th Innishvilla A 27
    6th Kanturk 23
    7th St. John Bosco A 15
    8th/9th Bohemians 14
    8th/9th Glenthorn Celtic A 14
    10th Grattan United 2

What do people think? Personal i think table would have finished very close to this, not that it matters!
    Id agree with Coachford winning the league but not winning 18/18
    Grattan signed a lot in January Aswel,so I think they’d pick up more points
    I think bohs would finish higher up and Macroom maybe mid table

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donaldihno View Post
    Id agree with Coachford winning the league but not winning 18/18
    Grattan signed a lot in January Aswel,so I think they’d pick up more points
    I think bohs would finish higher up and Macroom maybe mid table
    It's a joke to 2nd guess results in junior football only fair way was cancelled season ..it didn't happen .

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    How do you think they'll sort promotion of teams to replace Innishvilla, Macroom, Buttevant and Pearse? B Teams gone from 3rd as well I'd imagine
    Last edited by Play it out; 04/06/2020 at 2:57 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Play it out View Post
    How do you think they'll sort promotion of teams to replace Innishvilla, Macroom, Buttevant and Pearse? B Teams gone from 3rd as well I'd imagine
    A simple restructuring ..and the season didn't happen its the fair way.no one could see this and they be no blame and restructuring to move forward

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Are these teams definitely going?
    or is it just rumours?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Would they be more inclined to just make the divisions themselves or ask a few teams if they'd go up?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I seen on Facebook, colso from CBL are moving to MSL as casements junior team, MSL will have massive amount of junior teams next season!

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast