Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cork AUL Premier & Premier A 2019/20

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Cork AUL Premier & Premier A 2019/20

Mossie . Quarter finals should be interesting.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yuanchester View Post
    Mossie . Quarter finals should be interesting.
    Fancy the glen big time knocknaheeny and bohs 1 of that 3 winning it for me perse for me just can't get over the line .

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Went to see knocka Saturday v inishvilla they were excellent to be fair. Cuff and docherty a handfull fully deserved their win. On sunday I watched Glenthorn and Grattan and score didnt do grattan justice..1 very dubious penalty..Var would have overturned it.
    Match of next weekend has got to be coachford and knocka.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Went to see knocka Saturday v inishvilla they were excellent to be fair. Cuff and docherty a handfull fully deserved their win. On sunday I watched Glenthorn and Grattan and score didnt do grattan justice..1 very dubious penalty..Var would have overturned it.
    Match of next weekend has got to be coachford and knocka.
    Coachford will be dogged in defence of cup ..good side .

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Good wins for Bohs and Glen in mossie..linnane..I took in Bohs and inishvilla but watched most from car as it was played in horrendous conditions ..Draw a fair result over 90.and extra time.
    Penalties as usual are a lottery.. Good win also for macroom.v glenthorn in premier league.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Good wins for Bohs and Glen in mossie..linnane..I took in Bohs and inishvilla but watched most from car as it was played in horrendous conditions ..Draw a fair result over 90.and extra time.
    Penalties as usual are a lottery.. Good win also for macroom.v glenthorn in premier league.
    Both expected to advance 2 good sides it will be a very good side that will stop this glen side .

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    No real drama over last weekend.. I took.in glenthorn and everton in fai cup..Everton full value for 1 nill lead.. but glenthorn completely took over in second half.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    No real drama over last weekend.. I took.in glenthorn and everton in fai cup..Everton full value for 1 nill lead.. but glenthorn completely took over in second half.
    To be honest there.s no interest in aul at least that's how it looks with lack of postings.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    I am not opening my mouth anymore

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Does this make sense..I heard at an over 35 game I was playing in that a player who played with cork city on july 1st ..can now play for a cork aul junior side.How is this allowed to happen.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Does this make sense..I heard at an over 35 game I was playing in that a player who played with cork city on july 1st ..can now play for a cork aul junior side.How is this allowed to happen.
    Don't quote me on this, but there is some rule regarding the number of Senior footballers playing on a junior side.
    Ballynanty Rovers in Limerick currently have about four who came from Limerick but I think you might only be allowed to have two. Whether that's only two signed, two on the field at any time or two on the match card I don't know. Think it's a recent thing.

Again, don't quote me.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    But to be fair a player who plays league of ireland on 1st of july this year should not be allowed play junior in aul in same season.. surely not untill league of ireland season over..at least. Wouldnt have been allowed happen years ago...munster senior league I understand yes.. but not junior.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    But to be fair a player who plays league of ireland on 1st of july this year should not be allowed play junior in aul in same season.. surely not untill league of ireland season over..at least. Wouldnt have been allowed happen years ago...munster senior league I understand yes.. but not junior.
    There are a lot of clubs in aul with senior quality players ok ...so why not better quality players in aul ..wat do guys want a meaningless title and cup win like what
    S happning now there in no achievement in aul level at the minute .

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    No achievement? ??? Tell that to all the teams bursting a gut to improve their teams, facilities, working with little or no monetary support. You've some cheek.
    Ask Village what it was like to win aoh cup, great achievement imo. Plenty good sides in aul, knocknaheeny, coachford, Bohs, Glen, Village, Pearse, etc etc.
    Anyone who wins anything will have earned it.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Stevesilvermint your comment is absolutely ridiculous. I dont know your football background but to belittle aul teams success in leagues or cups is totally unfair.. I also dont think clubs like knocknaheeny village utd coachford and glen Celtic..who all won trophys last year would agree with you. The original comment on this was of a league of ireland player been allowed play junior football in same season

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Stevesilvermint your comment is absolutely ridiculous. I dont know your football background but to belittle aul teams success in leagues or cups is totally unfair.. I also dont think clubs like knocknaheeny village utd coachford and glen Celtic..who all won trophys last year would agree with you. The original comment on this was of a league of ireland player been allowed play junior football in same season
    It's been in the decline I don't care what they think that's just my opinion,.. knocknaheeny and village and coachford can have a gripe as they won premier honours.so my point is big players have got to go msl and win .

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by overthehill View Post
    No achievement? ??? Tell that to all the teams bursting a gut to improve their teams, facilities, working with little or no monetary support. You've some cheek.
    Ask Village what it was like to win aoh cup, great achievement imo. Plenty good sides in aul, knocknaheeny, coachford, Bohs, Glen, Village, Pearse, etc etc.
    Anyone who wins anything will have earned it.
    Respects to all those clubs my opinion is mine it's a very weak aul it has been since kinsale leeside Wilton and most recently park leaving .you have your opinion the fact is not many people will agree ...most of the clubs there wouldn't pip any I mentioned for a title in not belittling the clubs that are left basically saying it's not as tough.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Only thing I will say on msl.is that grass is not always greener on other side.. How many of all them teams have made it at msl..kinsale no wilton no park no leeside no....at junior level the champs from last year everton hammered by a very average glenthorn side. It's not just standard of aul has dropped but msl standard is very poor too.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Only thing I will say on msl.is that grass is not always greener on other side.. How many of all them teams have made it at msl..kinsale no wilton no park no leeside no....at junior level the champs from last year everton hammered by a very average glenthorn side. It's not just standard of aul has dropped but msl standard is very poor too.
    If the likes of those team a struggling it tell you the opposite of what you say .. their getter harder games mate and not winning easy like the so called elites in aul...games in aul consists of 7/0 and big loses to side with 9 men and blown up with 20 mins to go ..get real thats not a challenge.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    I think that answers the question when the dominant forces are struggling in their new and more competitive league it proves it

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast