Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Cork AUL Premier & Premier A 2019/20

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by overthehill View Post
    Some handy players in cbsl alright. Still wouldn't touch the aul squad if they put one together though. Disgrace that Cork Aul has no representative side.
    True but football you never know couple of mistakes bad calls could change a game as we know it's all on the day . obviously aul don't care enough just happy to take the perks and pose for the pics forget the people that they run the organisation for.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yuanchester View Post
    Your so wrong bud .. every trophy won is earned.. I didnt win many..might at over 35s this year....what I will say is that local football in general is in major decline at all levels ....aul.. looseing teams ..msl not as strong...shipping league a joke
    .teams in that league win a trophy or 2 and are gone next year.. and to finish off.. cork city in shambles.. one of there x players is now playing aul div 2
    ..How about that for a career change.. .all.the best now .. we can agree to differ.
    I would disagree on the MSL post ,There is not one AUL team that would come near winning that league and more than likely would be relegated
    I played Aul for nearly 10 years and played MSL for 3 years and and the difference is frightening
    When the AUL teams meet the likes of Ringmahon ,Douglas Hall ,Avondale in the cups and its 50/50 or beat them ,you have to remember these are most clubs 2nd and 3rd teams

Plus how can you say the MSL is not strong when they have the current Intermediate champions among there ranks and beat the current FAI junior champions last weekend ,When you look at Cork junior teams and they haven't had a sniff of the trophy in over 50 years

3. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the hawk View Post
    I would disagree on the MSL post ,There is not one AUL team that would come near winning that league and more than likely would be relegated
    I played Aul for nearly 10 years and played MSL for 3 years and and the difference is frightening
    When the AUL teams meet the likes of Ringmahon ,Douglas Hall ,Avondale in the cups and its 50/50 or beat them ,you have to remember these are most clubs 2nd and 3rd teams

Plus how can you say the MSL is not strong when they have the current Intermediate champions among there ranks and beat the current FAI junior champions last weekend ,When you look at Cork junior teams and they haven't had a sniff of the trophy in over 50 years
    Great post.chestercake will have the right opinion
    I'm betting.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Stevie mint .. you could a least get name right bud.. there are teams in msl apart from the big boys who are classed as senior leeds bandon etc and what I meant was aul top teams would beat them with reguards killumney and great things...it looks like history repeating it self . Like before mercenaries getting paid ..and like a lot of other aul teams folded soon after. Second division for x cork city players is hardly an attraction its financial .and dont let anyone kid you on that.. a club I played with at senior level went that way last year and it caused a lot of friction..

6. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Stevie mint .. you could a least get name right bud.. there are teams in msl apart from the big boys who are classed as senior leeds bandon etc and what I meant was aul top teams would beat them with reguards killumney and great things...it looks like history repeating it self . Like before mercenaries getting paid ..and like a lot of other aul teams folded soon after. Second division for x cork city players is hardly an attraction its financial .and dont let anyone kid you on that.. a club I played with at senior level went that way last year and it caused a lot of friction..
    Touch of a sore loser in you I think let credit where it's due kilumney are a fine club back with a bang lot to deal with last 4 years I say it can only benefit the league .Must have something about them last result they had .
    Last edited by SteveSilvermint; 09/10/2019 at 8:23 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Why would it be sore looser ..like you asked no one came on to say how that game went . Theres always shocks in fai and munster junior cups..

9. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    I'm not referring to that game and you I'm just making my judgement on how critical you are of a better league and of a club doing well.and we all know shocks and football go hand in hand.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Your right on 1 thing when I was playing I hated looseing that is true .. and lost intermediate cup final in my playing days as well but the point I'm trying to make is that when a player chooses to play second division aul after playing league of ireland it just doesn't make sense to me unless its financial ..that's just my oppinion.

12. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Your right on 1 thing when I was playing I hated looseing that is true .. and lost intermediate cup final in my playing days as well but the point I'm trying to make is that when a player chooses to play second division aul after playing league of ireland it just doesn't make sense to me unless its financial ..that's just my oppinion.
    You not think he might just want to play aul and for them ... nothing finance wise their I say.just a bit of gratitude .knocknaheeny and the glen have been labelled mercenaries on here not fair at all just good clubs playing for their communities .
    Last edited by SteveSilvermint; 09/10/2019 at 9:16 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the hawk View Post

Next weekend games should give in indication on the decide between both codes excluding the senior sides hawk and if I know who I think you are you played both codes so iv a big respect for your take on it .

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Super game today in mossie linnane at village grounds ..could have went either way..to be fair..the winner came from a deflection off Howie coakley one of village better players.. nice crowd there also..

16. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Good win for Kanturk . Not an easy place to get a result at village.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Today might be a good indication of how strong the aul is nice mix of cup ties.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Super game today in mossie linnane at village grounds ..could have went either way..to be fair..the winner came from a deflection off Howie coakley one of village better players.. nice crowd there also..
    Very mixed results between aul mjc cbl.. knocknaheeny losing to perse and the cow winning being the big results.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Was in sunny Spain just back today and just catching up .yes a few shocks in cups...seems to be the norm in fai and munster junior cups.. think teams tend to give panel players a run out in theese competitions.. glens defeat a shock to be fair.. but then cow would hold their own in aul.
    Best side by far in buisness league..
    Knocka always find it hard v pearse.. but still a shock and glenthorn v leeds not so much of a shock.. I think you will find cork sides like knocka this year wont enter Fai in future years ... for expense reasons and have no chance of winning.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Was in sunny Spain just back today and just catching up .yes a few shocks in cups...seems to be the norm in fai and munster junior cups.. think teams tend to give panel players a run out in theese competitions.. glens defeat a shock to be fair.. but then cow would hold their own in aul.
    Best side by far in buisness league..
    Knocka always find it hard v pearse.. but still a shock and glenthorn v leeds not so much of a shock.. I think you will find cork sides like knocka this year wont enter Fai in future years ... for expense reasons and have no chance of winning.
    teams are struggling for 11 on match days nothing to do with a panel you play who's turns up available.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Could be a lot of games fall this weekend.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Mossie semi finals
    Glen v knocka
    Bohs v kanturk.
    Two cracking games.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    3 of the best sides in aul without a doubt in the 4 should be a cracker the 1st tie ...glen v bohs final for me .

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Bit of a joke no games fixed for next Sunday over the FAI cup, not sure too many people care about it been honest!

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast