Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Cork AUL Premier & Premier A 2019/20

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legend23 View Post
    The aul is on its knees anyway and i think this is the final nail in the coffin alot of teams wont come back from this as they will need sponsorship etc. I think clubs should go msl junior or senior better structured leagues.
    I agree 100%

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I hear the AUL are to lose four clubs to the MSL (probably 5/6 teams to go in that lot, not unexpected. Which clubs I wonder?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Just guessing but you’d have to go with country teams or teams that have underage structure, 1. Coachford 2. Innishvilla 3. Macrom 4 Kanturk. Absolutely no clue it’s just a looking at the teams who have left previous they seem to fit the bill.

Even if them teams go league will be weaker and not as big but I still think AUL has a place in cork soccer.

Money will be hard for teams now with so many pubs and businesses closed.

Really think AUL should be looking to get b/c teams from Senior clubs. Make it a feeder league to the MSL.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. football View Post
    Just guessing but you’d have to go with country teams or teams that have underage structure, 1. Coachford 2. Innishvilla 3. Macrom 4 Kanturk. Absolutely no clue it’s just a looking at the teams who have left previous they seem to fit the bill.

Even if them teams go league will be weaker and not as big but I still think AUL has a place in cork soccer.

Money will be hard for teams now with so many pubs and businesses closed.

Really think AUL should be looking to get b/c teams from Senior clubs. Make it a feeder league to the MSL.
    You would think the aul could access credit and funds plus what they already have in the kitty to move forward and take their organisation to another level but if I'm honest its like the fai it need a huge clean out what's in position at the moment committee wise don't have a will to change nor will they embrace it ..then you have the refs clean out needed ther to will they I don't think so ..my thinking And others with clubs going MSL the better player left will leave to a better chalange ..change is key and that not how the aul do business.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    what do you mean by clean out needed of the refs?
    sure theres a severe shortage of refs.
    agree standards are not level among them as a group but sure isnt that the case with teams too.
    hats off to any fella that goes out to ref a game in lower divisions, cant be just for the money cos thats not much to be fair.
    some brutal games of football at all levels over the years, some days i dont even stay until half time the game is so poor so cant imagine refs being too excite for 90 minutes
    ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY DAY.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I can agree change is needed in how things are done but it is happening slowly.
    The game changer would be summer soccer if they keep losing clubs they will have to try and do something different.
    The lack of games from December to March is a killer.
    It’s effectively 2 separate seasons at this stage.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    what do you mean by clean out needed of the refs?
    sure theres a severe shortage of refs.
    agree standards are not level among them as a group but sure isnt that the case with teams too.
    hats off to any fella that goes out to ref a game in lower divisions, cant be just for the money cos thats not much to be fair.
    some brutal games of football at all levels over the years, some days i dont even stay until half time the game is so poor so cant imagine refs being too excite for 90 minutes
    They may be a shortage how 1 or 2 in aul haven't been dropped is beyond me there agenda driven and bring personal biz on to the field with them and don't give me the clap for our hero rubbish either ..not all are like that but theres 3 there at least like that .

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    What’s people’s preference, call the leagues cups as nul and void for this season start as normal in August or finish everything out and have it impact on next seasons start date? Assuming lock down is lifted and AUL don’t do anything drastic like switch to summer soccer!
    well from what I'm hearing the aul are going no where and neither are the 5 clubs that want to leave as all 5 wer refused .. obviously they will be appeals.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It’s a simple process to join another league . As stated in Aul rules the MFA and the FAI . It requires a change of league form that is signed by the league a team wishes to join and the league a team wishes to leave . If a league refuses to sign they must give a reason why an application has been denied . Then it goes to an appeal to MFA pretty standard . Looking back over the years plenty of clubs have moved for example Lakewood and Carrigtwohill moved last season from Aul. And going back over seasons plenty of other clubs have as well. Park a few seasons ago etc so it’s a non issue really . Once the appeal is done correctly and as per rules there are no reasons why a club cannot move . The Aul themselves have no problem themselves accepting teams from other leagues etc . I remember years back the Aul and the Msl came to an agreement that they would stop movement between both leagues for a set period but that does not stand anymore .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Who are the 5 clubs?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fruice View Post
    Who are the 5 clubs?
    Innishvila pearse
    City wanders buttevent and macroom..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    That’s potentially 8 teams effectively a division/section.
    The AUL can’t keep losing teams and if they are effectively powerless they will have todo something radical.

And what’s worse the 3 county clubs have 3 brilliant set ups owned by themselves.
    Which will be an awful loss to the league.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fruice View Post
    That’s potentially 8 teams effectively a division/section.
    The AUL can’t keep losing teams and if they are effectively powerless they will have todo something radical.

And what’s worse the 3 county clubs have 3 brilliant set ups owned by themselves.
    Which will be an awful loss to the league.
    It's amateur it's a hobby but somthing in relation to an incentive has to be on offer for league and cup winners club can't survive ..all the aul are interested in is money and don't tell me the refs are there for the love of the game my point clubs and players get noting ..they won't even pay for an Oscar team that says it all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSilvermint View Post
    It's amateur it's a hobby but somthing in relation to an incentive has to be on offer for league and cup winners club can't survive ..all the aul are interested in is money and don't tell me the refs are there for the love of the game my point clubs and players get noting ..they won't even pay for an Oscar team that says it all.
    Your attitude towards refs is comical....every post you mention them somehow hahahaha

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fifa View Post
    Your attitude towards refs is comical....every post you mention them somehow hahahaha
    Well I'm my opinion they are a problem going forward..not all I might add but still it needs looking at there no one representing player or manager our clubs ...the amount of needless cards and comments to player from certin refs ..aul have no interest in how or why it's the cash brought in they see so I think it's a great idea to have independent people with input on the refs proformance and not just by their own acessers.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fifa View Post
    You being involved with that side of the game might thinks it's funny but clubs at the end of bad decisions and bad calls don't ..ther not perfect but thats problem
    They think they are .can't take criticism or opinions either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Don’t the referees switch leagues every year?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Risteard View Post
    Don’t the referees switch leagues every year?
    Yes and they bring ther grudges back with them that after the buddy carried it on for him ..there a very tight knit group
    I admire that about them but must be held accountable thou ..just 1of a few problems facing the game going forward.at the end of the day they are getting paid.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    On the other side of this with so many clubs going MSL do ye think its dragging the standard down? Just look at what happened Killreen Celtic, no senior team and bottom league in the junior.

Also looking at some of the teams that will bring the b teams, look at P[COLOR=#333333]earse for example, will there b team be competitive in MSL junior league? If the A team goes senior and the B team want to stay AUL they will have to go Premier like what happened this season when grattan wanted to fold the A team and keep B team Division 2.

City wanders is a strange move looking at all other clubs that have switched they have underage and two teams?

AUL need to look at the sections this season and re grade some clubs, total in balance in numbers premier, premier a and 3rd division having less clubs then 1st and 2nd division with the number of cups they should look at having 10 per section.[/COLOR]

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    On the other side of this with so many clubs going MSL do ye think its dragging the standard down? Just look at what happened Killreen Celtic, no senior team and bottom league in the junior.

Also looking at some of the teams that will bring the b teams, look at P[COLOR=#333333]earse for example, will there b team be competitive in MSL junior league? If the A team goes senior and the B team want to stay AUL they will have to go Premier like what happened this season when grattan wanted to fold the A team and keep B team Division 2.

City wanders is a strange move looking at all other clubs that have switched they have underage and two teams?

AUL need to look at the sections this season and re grade some clubs, total in balance in numbers premier, premier a and 3rd division having less clubs then 1st and 2nd division with the number of cups they should look at having 10 per section.[/COLOR]
    Regrade won't bring quality aul in free fall last 4 years dominance of 1 club has its PiT falls to so more quality rather then more clubs I would lose prem A just have prem ...1st 2nd Division s and a league for new clubs bad teams and club..if ther serious about football a few seasons in that league will prove ther ambitions.

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast