Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Cork AUL Premier & Premier A 2019/20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    What is the criteria for entry to MSL or is there one?

If the 5 go and most of the time the second team go with them to lower junior league.

And if you look at the B teams of Carrigtwohill and Lakewood who went last year.
    Carrig were AUL 2 and Lakewood AUL 3.
    And they are both holding there own so no reason to suggest other B teams won’t be able to do the same.

If the upto 8 teams go all divisions will have to be looked at because the exodus will impact every division

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I'd like to see a few changes.

Return of the Oscar Traynor Squad.
    Rewards for titles, promotions and cup wins - Money towards footballs/gear in an account.
    AOH Cup winners - New gear sponsored by Murphy's Stout for following season.
    Add more detail the to new website and interviews with people in the league.
    3 weekend Christmas break.
    Bulk buy order of footballs off brands for discount rates. Order at pre season and Christmas. No AUL club can afford a big enough bulk order for significant discount.
    Several meetings/ideas in summer break to add needed change every year.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Some teams have done well others haven’t, Killeen and Ballinhassig are both bottom of 2nd division in the junior league.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Play it out View Post
    I'd like to see a few changes.

Return of the Oscar Traynor Squad.
    Rewards for titles, promotions and cup wins - Money towards footballs/gear in an account.
    AOH Cup winners - New gear sponsored by Murphy's Stout for following season.
    Add more detail the to new website and interviews with people in the league.
    3 weekend Christmas break.
    Bulk buy order of footballs off brands for discount rates. Order at pre season and Christmas. No AUL club can afford a big enough bulk order for significant discount.
    Several meetings/ideas in summer break to add needed change every year.

Some great ideas, the website is a joke in this day and age not having a good website and social media is not good enough.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSilvermint View Post
    Regrade won't bring quality aul in free fall last 4 years dominance of 1 club has its PiT falls to so more quality rather then more clubs I would lose prem A just have prem ...1st 2nd Division s and a league for new clubs bad teams and club..if ther serious about football a few seasons in that league will prove ther ambitions.
    I think we are all agreeing the standard has dropped.

With regards to the league set up might be time to try something different and put clubs were they will compete, run off the mossy for the premier teams and run city and county cups at the same time before any leagues starts. Make county and city cups groups like the mossy and the results should be used to grade the teams.

If a new club comes from Msl or shipping league what benefit is it them starting in the 3rd division? By the time they make it to premier a they could be after losing players to retirement, take the example of the cow, if they decide to move on from shipping league they start in 3rd division they have been betting top teams in aul and msl been around a few years by time they make it to the premier (if) that bunch of players will be too old.

I’m not saying they should start premier but I don’t see the point in putting them 3rd division should be some room to move them to at least 1st.

(Cow is been used as an example not in any way associated with them or don’t know what there plans are for the future)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fruice View Post
    What is the criteria for entry to MSL or is there one?

If the 5 go and most of the time the second team go with them to lower junior league.

And if you look at the B teams of Carrigtwohill and Lakewood who went last year.
    Carrig were AUL 2 and Lakewood AUL 3.
    And they are both holding there own so no reason to suggest other B teams won’t be able to do the same.

If the upto 8 teams go all divisions will have to be looked at because the exodus will impact every division

You need to have good facility’s. A team using the Fairfield for example would not be Accept!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    You being involved with that side of the game might thinks it's funny but clubs at the end of bad decisions and bad calls don't ..ther not perfect but thats problem
    They think they are .can't take criticism or opinions either.
    When do you reckon would be a good time for the ref to take your criticism and your opinion on his performance? during the game? straight after? or would you like him to visit them in training the following week so you could ask him your questions?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fifa View Post
    When do you reckon would be a good time for the ref to take your criticism and your opinion on his performance? during the game? straight after? or would you like him to visit them in training the following week so you could ask him your questions?
    Decisions in the day are done can't change ..but if he's hauled in front off someone and actually told he's wrong might just get a better quality of ref going forward..and most u can't even talk to before a game let alone in a game ..a ref that interactive with players is a good ref not the head master type thats in abundance in cork aul.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Decisions in the day are done can't change ..but if he's hauled in front off someone and actually told he's wrong might just get a better quality of ref going forward..and most u can't even talk to before a game let alone in a game ..a ref that interactive with players is a good ref not the head master type thats in abundance in cork aul.
    But sure refs are graded and assesed reguarly if they are not performing on a consistant basis theyll drop a grade,Cork is a small place so if a fella is not doing the business people hear he gets assesed and more than likely is demoted

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    But sure refs are graded and assesed reguarly if they are not performing on a consistant basis theyll drop a grade,Cork is a small place so if a fella is not doing the business people hear he gets assesed and more than likely is demoted

From my experience when the assessor is present The refs are actually worse no common sense and is to the letter of the law.

If I was a ref and was called to meetings to explain myself and my decision I would walk away. Ref don’t go out to make mistakes and I really don’t think they go out to rob anyone it’s just a hard job. And I hope now if them are doing it for the money! Is plenty of easier ways of making it they are in it for the same Reason people play it they love the game!

11. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. football View Post
    From my experience when the assessor is present The refs are actually worse no common sense and is to the letter of the law.

If I was a ref and was called to meetings to explain myself and my decision I would walk away. Ref don’t go out to make mistakes and I really don’t think they go out to rob anyone it’s just a hard job. And I hope now if them are doing it for the money! Is plenty of easier ways of making it they are in it for the same Reason people play it they love the game!
    Some have 3 games a weekend not all are bad but being held accountable by and independent group is only fair they circle the wagons in all cases not enough thought goes into allocation of a guys that played with clubs it not fair it simple no matter how u dress it up it's flawed I repeat not all are bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Some have 3 games a weekend not all are bad but being held accountable by and independent group is only fair they circle the wagons in all cases not enough thought goes into allocation of a guys that played with clubs it not fair it simple no matter how u dress it up it's flawed I repeat not all are bad.
    The independent group is the league the allocation of fixtures is done by the leagues fixture secretary, referees have no say in what games they get.99% of refs are in it for the love of the game as Dr. Football said there are far easier ways to make 50 quid

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    The independent group is the league the allocation of fixtures is done by the leagues fixture secretary, referees have no say in what games they get.99% of refs are in it for the love of the game as Dr. Football said there are far easier ways to make 50 quid
    4 hours Friday night delivering Chinese would make you the same money as the 3 games!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Has the AUL realised any statement since the lockdown news on Friday night ?

Anyone think we will see this season finished?

20th of July all going well games will be allowed again.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. football View Post
    4 hours Friday night delivering Chinese would make you the same money as the 3 games!
    There at that too .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    No statement from AUL just from FAI saying everything was suspended until May 18th.
    But they would release a further update which specifically references the conclusion of leagues at grassroots level.

I can’t see how they finish the season some clubs have 10 plus games left.

I can’t see next season starting in August also

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Lmao!
    City definetly have the best bands playing at half-time.

O'Bama - "Eerah yeah, I'd say we can alright!"

G.O'Mahoney Trapattoni'll sort ém out!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevesilvermint View Post
    there at that too .
    lmao!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    How many refs in the Cork leagues?
    Just looked at some recent panels of refs and see a lot of current and ex eirtricity league refs there.
    Graham Kelly, Keith calnan, Eddie Mc Nally, Anthony Buttimer, Daniel deady, Jason mannix, David keeler, Kevin sullivan, Eoin harte, Trevor cotter, Richard crane, Damian kleir,
    Thats a few decent standard to start with.
    Presume a few good ex local players there too so ( just asking) are you judging from refs at lower league level?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    How many refs in the Cork leagues?
    Just looked at some recent panels of refs and see a lot of current and ex eirtricity league refs there.
    Graham Kelly, Keith calnan, Eddie Mc Nally, Anthony Buttimer, Daniel deady, Jason mannix, David keeler, Kevin sullivan, Eoin harte, Trevor cotter, Richard crane, Damian kleir,
    Thats a few decent standard to start with.
    Presume a few good ex local players there too so ( just asking) are you judging from refs at lower league level?
    That's a fine list you left out the contentious ones all of the above are great..

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast