Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Cork AUL Premier & Premier A 2019/20

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Presume most of this weekends game will fall victim to the weather again. AUL sending out the usual no more free weekends message this week.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    What a result for Coachford in Limerick! 2 Cork sides in the quarter finals and both with home draws.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beansontoast View Post
    What a result for Coachford in Limerick! 2 Cork sides in the quarter finals and both with home draws.
    Fantastic well done to all.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Well done to Coachford . Really wasnt expecting that result from them

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Well done to Coachford again! Seem to be the top side in the AUL now, beat the Glen 3-0 this morning in the AOH Cup. Caught the 2nd half ( 1-0 half time with not a lot between the teams im told) and to me the gap in speed and fitness was the major difference. Too many Glen guys out on their feet after an hour and Coachford youngfellas full of running. Still some good players with the Glen who are still a decent side but remind me a lot of Knocknaheeny and Coachford beat them 3-0 up the northside recently too. Can see why Coachford have gone far in the munster junior cup now. This team could dominate AUL for some time unless they decide to go Senior League. An AOH might swing it.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Well done to Coachford again! Seem to be the top side in the AUL now, beat the Glen 3-0 this morning in the AOH Cup. Caught the 2nd half ( 1-0 half time with not a lot between the teams im told) and to me the gap in speed and fitness was the major difference. Too many Glen guys out on their feet after an hour and Coachford youngfellas full of running. Still some good players with the Glen who are still a decent side but remind me a lot of Knocknaheeny and Coachford beat them 3-0 up the northside recently too. Can see why Coachford have gone far in the munster junior cup now. This team could dominate AUL for some time unless they decide to go Senior League. An AOH might swing it.
    Dead on their feet thats a bit harsh ..to be honest you got to credit all at coachford and they have eyes on senior.
    Last edited by SteveSilvermint; 01/03/2020 at 4:12 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Where will the exodus stop out of the AUL? You say Coachford are going senior and apparantly Innisvilla are gone end of season with their 2 teams. Thats 2 more gone from the Premier League and 3 altogether. Numbers and quality declining every year.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Where will the exodus stop out of the AUL? You say Coachford are going senior and apparantly Innisvilla are gone end of season with their 2 teams. Thats 2 more gone from the Premier League and 3 altogether. Numbers and quality declining every year.
    As it's is there is zero ..no chalange.apart from 4 teams nothing else..it's in serious decline.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    I cant see the aul season been completed this season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I would have huge doubts about the season finishing. Realistically it’s going to be delayed till May at best with at least 10 weeks of games to be played I find it hard to see it being concluded.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    League of Ireland football wont b starting back up until 19th of june so i reckon that is the end of this seadons football in the aul.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    It will be announced next week , season will over

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Perfect chance to switch to summer soccer for everyone.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. football View Post
    Perfect chance to switch to summer soccer for everyone.
    Thats a big change but are the aul brave enough..it's just might be the move that saves there organisation and it needs saving zero chalange to be honest.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    What’s people’s preference, call the leagues cups as nul and void for this season start as normal in August or finish everything out and have it impact on next seasons start date? Assuming lock down is lifted and AUL don’t do anything drastic like switch to summer soccer!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    If you could get going there will be room to play twice a week and everything would be done before August to go again for next season all be it with a limited break.
    Playing twice a week will bring its own problems and the Clash with GAA will cause problems for some clubs.

But realistically I can’t see this season being completed if social distancing remains in place how could it?
    And thus you won’t be able to start in August either and then if you want a 2021 season it will only have to be a season starting in the spring of 2021 at the earliest

Could be a long time before the return of junior football

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fruice View Post
    If you could get going there will be room to play twice a week and everything would be done before August to go again for next season all be it with a limited break.
    Playing twice a week will bring its own problems and the Clash with GAA will cause problems for some clubs.

But realistically I can’t see this season being completed if social distancing remains in place how could it?
    And thus you won’t be able to start in August either and then if you want a 2021 season it will only have to be a season starting in the spring of 2021 at the earliest

Could be a long time before the return of junior football
    It may not return at all a lack of interest from last 2 seasons might tell the aul the game is up ....money is and was and will be a huge problem for this organisation.a lot of the top aul player s are Reddy to try MSL again I'm hearing.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    I heard a rumour of 3 games a week to finish it off in the Leinster Senior League.Can only see the teams who have a chance of winning something going for that.Teams at the bottom will be giving walkovers all over the place and wide spread injuries to players.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the 12 th man View Post
    I heard a rumour of 3 games a week to finish it off in the Leinster Senior League.Can only see the teams who have a chance of winning something going for that.Teams at the bottom will be giving walkovers all over the place and wide spread injuries to players.
    And who wants a tainted title..half teams walk overs ..

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    The aul is on its knees anyway and i think this is the final nail in the coffin alot of teams wont come back from this as they will need sponsorship etc. I think clubs should go msl junior or senior better structured leagues.

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast