Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Cork AUL Premier & Premier A 2019/20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSilvermint View Post
    That's a fine list you left out the contentious ones all of the above are great..
    You should be grateful we have such fine referees operating in all our leagues in Cork

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fifa View Post
    You should be grateful we have such fine referees operating in all our leagues in Cork
    Thanks FIFA, you are our master!

3. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fifa View Post
    All a matter of opinion.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Does anyone know the plan or is it hush hush ��? The Government have set the road map on the road to recovery with the earliest time of 20 July for a return to soccer have the Aul a plan in regards league and cups ? Or even a blue print to work too so clubs have an idea .

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Common sense View Post
    Does anyone know the plan or is it hush hush ��? The Government have set the road map on the road to recovery with the earliest time of 20 July for a return to soccer have the Aul a plan in regards league and cups ? Or even a blue print to work too so clubs have an idea .
    That be talked about over a nice pint no doubt in the luxury hinekin room all free just how ted likes it

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    FAI seeks clarity around return for amateur and underage football

The Football Association of Ireland’s steering group has made a submission to Sport Ireland seeking clarity on conditions around the return of amateur adult and underage football following the publication of the Government’s Roadmap for Reopening Society and Business in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.

7th May 2020

https://www.fai.ie/domestic/news/fai...C29NfDWfSRBY6M

8. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    I think they should try and complete the season if possible . Give people something to look forward to . I dont think many people will be going abroad on holidays this summer. if they could run this season until say September/October provided they were able to start in late July? Maybe start the following season in March . Run 20-21 season as a single round league for the following season . Reduce the number of cups . Then maybe try running the 21-22 season as normal from August 2021?

I am just putting that out there as an idea

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Common sense View Post
    It’s a simple process to join another league . As stated in Aul rules the MFA and the FAI . It requires a change of league form that is signed by the league a team wishes to join and the league a team wishes to leave . If a league refuses to sign they must give a reason why an application has been denied . Then it goes to an appeal to MFA pretty standard . Looking back over the years plenty of clubs have moved for example Lakewood and Carrigtwohill moved last season from Aul. And going back over seasons plenty of other clubs have as well. Park a few seasons ago etc so it’s a non issue really . Once the appeal is done correctly and as per rules there are no reasons why a club cannot move . The Aul themselves have no problem themselves accepting teams from other leagues etc . I remember years back the Aul and the Msl came to an agreement that they would stop movement between both leagues for a set period but that does not stand anymore .
    i heard that all teams applications to leave were rejected by the AUL . I do not know how true that is . On what grounds could they reject when clubs have been leaving the last few years?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    AUL have no current plan, they've sent out emails asking for feedback.

I would love it to go back on July 20th to resume the league and cups if possible. I would far prefer to try and finish the season rather than a new season being stopped again.

If the season did not resume from last year, would the new season start in mind August as usual? If so, those voting no to league resumption would have been a massive cop out.

Assuming health and safety is fine and sport still has the go ahead, do you think clubs with little to play for/relegation trouble would look to carry on to get back to normal or try and not be relegated/save the bother?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    To be fair clubs will need more information before going back to the aul.
    Like when does next season being if this season is not finished and if this season does re start when will the 20/21 season start.

While I would feel sorry for any club doing well it will effectively be a new season there was very little games being played between December and March and then another 5 month break and then a rushed finish.
    Plenty clubs have half their league games left
    The logically thing is to start a fresh In early August

But I can fully understand why some clubs would prefer to finish it out.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Fair play to the school boys league for giving some clarity to the league situation, FAI announcement was last week and still nothing from the AUL. With the 6 clubs leaving no way the sections can be complete so they should just null and void the leagues.

Assuming that no more clubs/teams fold its a chance to fix the sections. This is based on league positions with games played and cup runs, 4 sections 10 to premier, 1st, 2nd section, 11 in the 3rd due to number of teams, just my opinion. Might be a few miss matches in the 3rd but what can you do! As Steve said no need for a premier A any more with 40ish teams left.

Premier
    1 Bohemians
    2 Coachford
    3 Glenthorn Celtic A
    4 Grattan United
    5 Knocknaheeney Celtic
    6 St. John Bosco A
    7 Glen Celtic
    8 Temple United
    9 Village United
    10 Greenwood A

1st Division
    1 Rathcoole Rovers
    2 Tower
    3 Waterloo
    4 Corkbeg
    5 Donoughmore Athletic
    6 Springfield
    7 Central Rovers
    8 Dunbar Celtic
    9 CFC Banteer
    10 South Coast Athletic

2nd
    1 Blackpool Celtic
    2 Cathedral Celtic
    3 Kilmichael Rovers
    4 Rylane Celtic
    5 Strand United
    6 UCC
    7 Castleview
    8 Grangevale
    9 Hibernians
    10 Knockraha

3rd Division
    1 Blackstone Rovers
    2 Bweeng Celtic
    3 Cloughduv Celtic
    4 Glenthorn Celtic B
    5 Killumney United
    6 Richmond
    7 St. John Bosco B
    8 Ard-na-Laoi
    9 Churchvilla
    10 Los Zarcos
    11 Watergrasshill United

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Smile

Well thought out and presented Dr Foot, but im thinking some teams would want to be higher, eg Kilumney and Glenthorn B in Div 3 and a few in Div 2 . I know its because of less divisions but fellas ego's would be hit!
    Last edited by Beansontoast; 19/05/2020 at 5:18 PM. Reason: spelling

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beansontoast View Post
    Well thought out and presented Dr Foot, but im thinking some teams would want to be higher, eg Kilumney and Glenthorn B in Div 3 and a few in Div 2 . I know its because of less divisions but fellas ego's would be hit!
    Not perfect I know, some division 3 teams could possibly be good enough for 1st but unless 7 to 9 clubs join (or stay) I can’t see how you can justify another division.

If it would soften the blow to people’s ego you could always keep premier a and call the bottom division 2 might soften the blow either way it will be the bottom division!

Castleview,Grangevale,Hibernians
    Knockraha all higher then Killumney in the league at presset that’s why I put them 2nd division. Glenthorn b shipped a few Heavy defeats before all this covid despite a good cup run.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. football View Post
    Fair play to the school boys league for giving some clarity to the league situation, FAI announcement was last week and still nothing from the AUL. With the 6 clubs leaving no way the sections can be complete so they should just null and void the leagues.

Assuming that no more clubs/teams fold its a chance to fix the sections. This is based on league positions with games played and cup runs, 4 sections 10 to premier, 1st, 2nd section, 11 in the 3rd due to number of teams, just my opinion. Might be a few miss matches in the 3rd but what can you do! As Steve said no need for a premier A any more with 40ish teams left.

Premier
    1 Bohemians
    2 Coachford
    3 Glenthorn Celtic A
    4 Grattan United
    5 Knocknaheeney Celtic
    6 St. John Bosco A
    7 Glen Celtic
    8 Temple United
    9 Village United
    10 Greenwood A

1st Division
    1 Rathcoole Rovers
    2 Tower
    3 Waterloo
    4 Corkbeg
    5 Donoughmore Athletic
    6 Springfield
    7 Central Rovers
    8 Dunbar Celtic
    9 CFC Banteer
    10 South Coast Athletic

2nd
    1 Blackpool Celtic
    2 Cathedral Celtic
    3 Kilmichael Rovers
    4 Rylane Celtic
    5 Strand United
    6 UCC
    7 Castleview
    8 Grangevale
    9 Hibernians
    10 Knockraha

3rd Division
    1 Blackstone Rovers
    2 Bweeng Celtic
    3 Cloughduv Celtic
    4 Glenthorn Celtic B
    5 Killumney United
    6 Richmond
    7 St. John Bosco B
    8 Ard-na-Laoi
    9 Churchvilla
    10 Los Zarcos
    11 Watergrasshill United

Kilumney are not a 3 rd div club or in stature recently started to get back to former glory...they have the pull to get big signings.won a double before all this and are team of year ...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    they are currently in the 4th tier, so they are not moving just no division behind them. its a matter of opinion, i know they are a good club and have done a great job rebuilding since reforming I'm not on the committee (nor will i ever be) of the AUL so this make up is never going happen.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Nice suggestion, it will be hard to go at it again next year against the same teams that you're competing against or thought we'd seen the back of!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. football View Post
    they are currently in the 4th tier, so they are not moving just no division behind them. its a matter of opinion, i know they are a good club and have done a great job rebuilding since reforming I'm not on the committee (nor will i ever be) of the AUL so this make up is never going happen.
    I was impressed with your thoughts and presentation and I agreed with all off it except the kilumney 1 ..big credit due to them out of aul and prompt return ..wheres crescent ..ballyvolane..ect ect gone so there back and are team and management of year.and a double ...like I said great credit due to all involved.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    I was impressed with your thoughts and presentation and I agreed with all off it except the kilumney 1 ..big credit due to them out of aul and prompt return ..wheres crescent ..ballyvolane..ect ect gone so there back and are team and management of year.and a double ...like I said great credit due to all involved.
    October 18th new season begins aul Dublin remainder of the season cancelled.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    October 18th new season begins aul Dublin remainder of the season cancelled.
    https://foot.ie/threads/256653-AUL-D...es-Season-over

22. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Cork aul cancelled

24. Thanks From:

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast