Thread: Sensational McCourt helps Rovers to three points

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Sensational McCourt helps Rovers to three points

Sensational McCourt helps Rovers to three points

Shamrock Rovers 3-2 Bray Wanderers
    Northern Ireland international winger Pat McCourt bolstered his burgeoning reputation with a stunning hat-trick to haul Shamrock Rovers to all three points against Bray Wanderers at Dalymount Park on Friday night.

In his two-month stay at Rovers, McCourt has made a habit of delivering exceptional individual goals – but his opening goal against Bray, which brought the sides level after Colm James’s 28th minute opener, outdid all of his previous three efforts.

Read more at www.eleven-a-side.com
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Not taking away the fact that McCourt is an exceptionally good player, but, Bray were robbed on friday night plain and simpe. It's almost as if the officials felt sorry for Rovers....
    Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I can't vouch for his general play but McCourts goals have all been top class. Must be one of best starts to an eL career in many a year.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Dont know what game you were watching tarzan but the ref should have given us a peno in first half and your keeper should have been sent off. In all fairness we deserved to win based on the 90 minutes.

Wait til you see the goals on the box tonight. Out of this world

KOH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Hoop
    Dont know what game you were watching tarzan but the ref should have given us a peno in first half and your keeper should have been sent off. In all fairness we deserved to win based on the 90 minutes.

Wait til you see the goals on the box tonight. Out of this world

KOH
    Well after watching EL Weekly I think it's clear that where u think you should of had a peno it was actually that the player fell into the box after being fouled on the line. There were 3 or so defenders around when our keeper fouled yar man so it's not a clear cut goal scoring opportuniy thats being denied (but I did think at the time that he was going to be dismissed and another ref may well have done so).

Rovers should have had a played dismissed for the incident in the wall (which all officials missed) and the peno was in my view a bit dodgy. AND DONT GET ME STARTED ON THE LINESWOMAN, I aint sayin that she was biased (spelling) just that she was p*ss poor- did'nt keep up with the game and gave decisions on random.

I think a draw would have been a fair result, just my opinion.

As for McCourt, well what can I say. Pure brilliance. Was the best player on the park by a country mile or 10! I'd say we can all agree on that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by pete
    I can't vouch for his general play but McCourts goals have all been top class. Must be one of best starts to an eL career in many a year.
    I'd never heard of the guy until I watched eircom league weekly on Mon. night, must say you've got a real gem there guys, hope you can hold on to him, if not sell to the highest bidder, might help yere plight a bit. Roddy was hilarious though, when asked how things were, he replied, marvellous, we've got no chairman, no ground, no money to pay the players and will need to get as many points as we can, cause we'll be docked 12 points in a few months, so things couldn't be better.You have to admire his attitude, good result though............keep it going rovers, irish soccer needs you guys.
    Unity is Power, Power if shared is Strength, Limerick 37 serving the Community of Limerick.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thanks Westside. Hope Limerick come back to the premier soon. A club like that with the history, tradition and potential support should be up there ahead of CHF.

KOH

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    McCourt was great in that match, but lets not get carried away.
    He was sh*te against City the friday before last, totally anonymous on the pitch.
    Doyler scored a much better goal than any of McCourts against Rovers, but there is no one creaming their knickers over that.
    I guess you have to play for a Dub team to be noticed....

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yeah its a conspiracy Face facts. They were 2 wonderful goals. If a cark player had scored them I would be here congratulating him............

KOH

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Hoop
    Yeah its a conspiracy Face facts. They were 2 wonderful goals. If a cark player had scored them I would be here congratulating him............

KOH
    I don't doubt that they were two great goals, but Doyer scored an even better one against you lot the week before, but nobody creamed their knickers over it.....
    Last edited by patsh; 13/05/2005 at 12:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsh
    I don't doubt that they were two great goals, but Doyer scored an even better one against you lot the week before, but nobody creamed their knickers over it.....
    McCourts goal were way better IMO. Take a second look. like Maradona

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsh
    Jaysus, take off the Rebal Army branded glasses for a minute. McCourt's goals were far and away better as were the 2 he scored in Derry and the one in Drogheda. The lad doesn't know how to score 'ordinary' goals.

KOH
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care