Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Matches weekend 6th September

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    Look at when the ball changes directions, unless Georgie Kelly has a 3ft long neck there's no way its a header.
    When you watch the video you can clearly see a boot between the ball and the camera when the ball changes direction, when you consider this with the pictures on here https://inpho.ie/assignment/hakwm6v0...VEg2XNhbdfg..a you can clearly see that the only part of Kelly's body anywhere near being past the boot is his hand (you can see the boot shadow on his arm and this would have been case by the town/shed floodlight so its fairly accurate and if anything the boot is actually closer to the hand than the shadow shows, the photo is actually after contact with the ball and the other photos show Kelly has a greater momentum towards the goal than the defender so his head was even further from the contact when it occured) meaning that the only part of him that could have connected with the ball to put it into the net is his fist.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

Clear as mud

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up.

Clear as mud
    Yeah forgot there's no place for logic round here. If the boot was between the camera and ball at contact, and the only part of the attackers body past the boot was his fist, he must have made contact with his.... Head... Of course...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Yeah forgot there's no place for logic round here. If the boot was between the camera and ball at contact, and the only part of the attackers body past the boot was his fist, he must have made contact with his.... Head... Of course...
    I have a pain in my side from the laughing, but I'll play along for one more twist. Just a few more questions

1) Who owns the boot?

2) Is it his left fist or right fist that makes contact?

3) Will you provide expert evidence at the appeal hearing?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    I can understand the desperation being felt by Rovers fans. They've made great strides but are still 10 points off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Careful now or Nesta will call you unnecessarily aggressive for using naughty words ��
    Good to see you can reply to a post without losing the head. First mention of a handball for the goal was here. Certainly wasnt questioned elsewhere but maybe we are just lucky!

As for the logic - 'hard pressed to find a more blatant handball'?? - you missed the old classics of the Thierry Henry debacle or Maradona infamous moment?

"A boot between camera and ball, boot shadow on his arm...body anywhere near being past the boot is his hand...the boot is actually closer to the hand than the shadow shows...photo is actually after contact with the ball... other photos show Kelly has a greater momentum towards the goal than the defender" ?? Go and lie down RH as your head must hurt after that piece of forensic analysis!

TT I'm not so naive as to get sucked in that easily. I am simply surprised that fans are entertaining the notion that VP could or should be replaced by anyone never mind Nicky Barnby. If a first season probably winning the league, in a cup final, still favourites for the FAI Cup, a €1.2mil European pay day, more records likely to be bested and some people still conidering the possibility of VP being replaced well its pure daft!
    Last edited by Nesta99; 07/09/2019 at 11:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    I have a pain in my side from the laughing, but I'll play along for one more twist. Just a few more questions

1) Who owns the boot?

2) Is it his left fist or right fist that makes contact?

3) Will you provide expert evidence at the appeal hearing?
    Next thing we will have a penalty from the Referees' Dundalk FC Supporters Society for a shadow of a boot at the box!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    You know it really is too easy to get the ultra defensive side of Dundalk fans out, almost takes the fun out of it. Add in a tiny bit of logic too and their poor wee heads just explode. Must be hard being that insecure about your club.

Keep on hooping lads

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    You know it really is too easy to get the ultra defensive side of Dundalk fans out, almost takes the fun out of it. Add in a tiny bit of logic too and their poor wee heads just explode. Must be hard being that insecure about your club.

Keep on hooping lads
    Now you really are dealing in irony RH, Lucky Club!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts

Keep on hooping lads
    My own level of insecurity has now reach unhealthy levels - I'm really anxious that your unique forensic analysis skills could also end up ruling some of the other 62 league goals scored this season.

Is there a time limit on 3rd party goal appeals to the FAI?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Maybe the ball was just NEAR his hand 😁

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    To be fair, the video Dundalk put out Twitter shows it was a clear hand ball, even Gartland posted a not-too-subtle tweet about it too. Funnily enough given we expected to lose anyway, it's probably Shamrock Rovers fans who have more to be angry about over it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Maybe the ball was just NEAR the shadow of his hand 
    More like it! Handball or not, not even Cork fans have made a fuss. Havent heard Fenn complain either. Nothing in media reports - Dundalk conspiracy to be handed the title. Though I do think Perth mentioned something about match scheduling to try and derail us??

Should have read the post just above before posing again lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosshead View Post
    Funnily enough given we expected to lose anyway, it's probably Shamrock Rovers fans who have more to be angry about over it.
    I suppose if the gap was 8 points instead of 10 it would give the more optimistic Rovers fans some glimmer of hope for the last 6 games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    I'm still not calling it until the League Trophy is firmly presented!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    More like it! Handball or not, not even Cork fans have made a fuss. Havent heard Fenn complain either. Nothing in media reports - Dundalk conspiracy to be handed the title. Though I do think Perth mentioned something about match scheduling to try and derail us??

Should have read the post just above before posing again lol
    City fans have "made a fuss" on our own forum but probably haven't here because it would only draw out the usual guff from dalk fans as can be seen from the posts above.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    There hasnt been a fuss made, one post even quesstions why there hasnt been more made of it. As for guff, it has been directed at the spurious methodology of RH's analysis of why it was handball.

The video footage from one angle looks like it came off an elbow in to the net and not the head. Whether it matters of not it still looked likely to be bundled over the line. Clumsey finish by Kelly rather than a deliberate keeper like punch of the ball. That's how the dice rolls sometimes, you need luck along the way to be in with a shout of winning titles!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    I suppose if the gap was 8 points instead of 10 it would give the more optimistic Rovers fans some glimmer of hope for the last 6 games.
    A good indicator of how much the league is over is I FORGOT u were playing, combination of age and indifference at this stage

How can the fai not know when the cup draw is on ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    I have watched the goal back on video several times. Not to try and spot whether Georgie struck the ball with his head or his arm, but to marvel at the pass from McEleney to Gannon. Class.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Finishing within 10 and 2nd is progress and we remain on target, semi of the cup as a bonus, fans are happy with the season so far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood Rover View Post
    Finishing within 10 and 2nd is progress and we remain on target, semi of the cup as a bonus, fans are happy with the season so far.
    There is no doubt that Rovers have made progress this season and will probably end up with more points than they achieved in any recent season. However finishing 2nd is probably as much got to do with Cork's implosion (Rovers current average of 2.13 points per match is respectable, but would have put them in 3rd place behind Dundalk and Cork at the end of last season).

If the cup run finishes at the semi-final stages, while that would match the cup outcome in 2017, I can't see much satisfaction with only getting past Finn Harps, Drogheda and Galway.

Perhaps most Rovers fans are likely to be satisfied with meeting the modest expectations of finishing within 10 points; maybe that could be just a reflection of the poor achievement level of recent seasons?

It's also likely to require a draw or better in Oriel Park on 23 Sept - are you confident Rovers can achieve this?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast