Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Matches weekend 6th September

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    You don't understand Rovers levels of happiness or unhappiness so don't embarrass yourself even further by trying your usual wum horse$hit. Just enjoy your teams time in the sun. We have good reason to believe it may be coming to an end .

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    You don't understand Rovers levels of happiness or unhappiness so don't embarrass yourself even further by trying your usual wum horse$hit. Just enjoy your teams time in the sun. We have good reason to believe it may be coming to an end .
    I was taking Kingswood Rovers assertions at face value - but you are right I don't understand how Rovers fans can be happy with the levels of mediocrity from Rovers in recent years.

Would you be happy if Rovers finish 10 points adrift in the league and a cup sem-final exit?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    I expect the footage on Soccer Republic will be higher quality and show much more clearly the obvious handball. Theres no question he punched it in. I didn't see the game but it sounds like it was a backs to the wall effort and Dundalk were by far the better team. If I was in their position I'd probably be delighted to steal a win that way, though maybe there should be some concern that they struggled to break down such a poor team,

Overall a lot of positives for us to take out of the night, both in our own performance which appears to have been miles better than the games against Sligo and Waterford, and in Harps throwing away a lead. Fenn has two weeks to prepare for Harps which is inexplicably our most important game of the season. Draw or win and we are most likely safe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    I had a quick look at the highlights 1st Dundlk V Cork game in Oriel this season and from that game there was no indication that things were going to get so bad for Cork. The game on Friday wasnt a whole lot different really bar the few spells that Cork got at us 1st game. In terms of a doggedness and workrate Cork were back close to a minimum expectation. Undoubtedly there were plenty of reasons to put in a shift but it does emphasise issues in the Cork dressingroom and how Caulfield just seemed to lose the edge that comes with a seige mentality. Cork sat deep Friday, which isnt unusual, but they defended like it was a make or break night. Purely on stats Dundlk deserved the win - would have been nice for it to be comprehensive and controversy free. Where were that Cork side all season though - change of keeper seems like a masterstroke. The annoyance of Fenn in the way goals were conceded last weeks was pure criticism, probably of those who were coaching before, but he must have had the entire squad back to basics and not cough up easy chances in defence. It was credible performance even if we had another dose of luck with the goal though one would have arrived later!!

The schedule is pure attritional, managing league and 2 cup compettions with a spin around Europe, injuries from day one as well is a real testament to the manager and players - manager had his own pressures to deal with too! With injuries we cant rotate massively tomorrow, not that we'd want 11 form players out to keep in the cup hunt in a tricky fixture.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 09/09/2019 at 1:49 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    [QUOTE=El-Pietro;2015902]I expect the footage on Soccer Republic will be higher quality and show much more clearly the obvious handball. Theres no question he punched it in. I didn't see the game but it sounds like it was a backs to the wall effort and Dundalk were by far the better team. If I was in their position I'd probably be delighted to steal a win that way, though maybe there should be some concern that they struggled to break down such a poor team,
    /QUOTE]

No concern at all, with the schedule we have it's incredible that we just keep winning and comfortably. The 1-0 and controversy about the winner make the game sound close, it really wasn't.

Fenn has a big job on his hands and it will be interesting to see if he can back up his claim of playing more attractive football. You could be forgiven for thinking Caulfield was back in the dugout on Friday, cork worked hard, defended deep and wasted time at every opportunity. Can see why Cork fans would be pleased with the performance given recent showings but surely that won't suffice for long?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    [

Fenn has a big job on his hands and it will be interesting to see if he can back up his claim of playing more attractive football. You could be forgiven for thinking Caulfield was back in the dugout on Friday, cork worked hard, defended deep and wasted time at every opportunity. Can see why Cork fans would be pleased with the performance given recent showings but surely that won't suffice for long?
    I wouldn't agree with that at all. I thought we played great in the first half. I actually thought we edged it on general play in the fist half ( Sorry First half ) - the gulf in class told in the hand though ( Sorry in the END ).

7. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Can we achieve a draw or better in oriel i think both of us would agree Rovers are capable of that. As for not getting much satisfaction from getting to a cup semi final i am sure it would be equal to yourself given a similar relatively easy path. I called finishing within ten points as good progress from the first few weeks of the campaign even when we were out in front. Now next season we need to be challenging right till the end. Progress cannot only be measured in points, crowds are up as is the quality of football on view each week and there is a sense of progression within the club this season that has by and large kept one of the most critical supports in the country happy. So still a lot to play for, oh yea and did i tell ya we beat Bohs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Looked a clear handball for Dundalk goal

Greene should have gotten a red card as well I thought

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Real ale Madrid View Post
    I wouldn't agree with that at all. I thought we played great in the first half. I actually thought we edged it on general play in the fist half ( Sorry First half ) - the gulf in class told in the hand though ( Sorry in the END ).
    Well we'll agree to disagree. Didn't think you were on top at any point. At least you showed some fight, something to build on

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Still cannot see for certain the contact on G Kelly’s goal v Cork, unless there was a behind the goal camera (there wasn’t), I don’t see how anyone can be certain it was via a hand. It seems the appeal by Dan Casey and later on his twitter is the main driver on this.

I’ve watched it about 5 times, and I would honestly call this out if I had seen it for certain, I can’t so its inconclusive.

On the match itself, Cork definitely looked a better side in the first half, but second half they were happy to defend in blanket numbers, still like the look of that young keeper, he had a great game.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    For anyone that's struggling here's the moment of impact with the ball, look how far away his head is from the ball. Laughable that anyone would try claim it was anything but a handball.
    Attached Images Attached Images

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    It was definitely handball, Brian Gartland even gave a subtle nod to it in a tweet for god sake, don't understand why any Dundalk fan would care though, we won the game Fair enough for Cork fans to have a moan about it but most would probably accept that they were second best for large parts of the game. Huge fortnight upcoming now with the League Cup final on Saturday, and Waterford/Shams double header next weekend to potentially win the league! Add in the FAI cup semi-final draw which is due to take place at some point too, probably at 3:27am on Raidió na Gaeltachta. Obviously goes without saying but I'd love to see this side complete a treble especially for Vinnie as he's had some amount detractors this season waiting in gleeful hope for him to fail. Mon the town!!!
    Mon the Town!

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    For anyone that's struggling here's the moment of impact with the ball, look how far away his head is from the ball. Laughable that anyone would try claim it was anything but a handball.
    Oh dear !!!!!!!!!!!
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    Laughable is right RH. We've all seen the nonsense of taking stills out of context, just one example being the 'proof' posted on here of Chris Shields eye gouged one of the Cork lads at one of the cup finals. At least that came from a hi-res photo. It's not even clear where Kelly's head is in the still it's so fuzzy. The Cork keeper appears to have no arms incidentally, which may have been a factor. Anyway, the still appears to show that Kelly's getting to the ball way ahead of the Cork defender which was how I saw it at the time, so why would he bother handling. Again I say it 'appears' that Kelly is well ahead of the defender, but the still proves nothing.

From where I was standing, twice as close to the incident as the camera, there was no suggestion of handball and I don't remember any protest from the Corkies at the time, but unquestionably I wasn't looking for it. I can see why some people might think it looks like handball from one distant angle, but its far from conclusive. It is interesting to see that the consensus on here is that it was probably handball though, it had never crossed my mind, live in HD.

Regardless, I'm not trying to convince anyone of my version of the truth, my point is that the video and this fuzzy screengrab are about as far from conclusive as you can get.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Look at when the ball changes directions, unless Georgie Kelly has a 3ft long neck there's no way its a header.
    When you watch the video you can clearly see a boot between the ball and the camera when the ball changes direction, when you consider this with the pictures on here https://inpho.ie/assignment/hakwm6v0...VEg2XNhbdfg..a you can clearly see that the only part of Kelly's body anywhere near being past the boot is his hand (you can see the boot shadow on his arm and this would have been case by the town/shed floodlight so its fairly accurate and if anything the boot is actually closer to the hand than the shadow shows, the photo is actually after contact with the ball and the other photos show Kelly has a greater momentum towards the goal than the defender so his head was even further from the contact when it occured) meaning that the only part of him that could have connected with the ball to put it into the net is his fist.
    Is there any chance you use a pointer tool to mark on the photo "the boot shadow on his arm" that you previously mentioned?

It would also be helpful if you could establish forensically if G Kelly has in fact got a 3 foot neck.

Have you lodged the appeal yet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seand View Post
    Laughable is right RH. We've all seen the nonsense of taking stills out of context, just one example being the 'proof' posted on here of Chris Shields eye gouged one of the Cork lads at one of the cup finals. At least that came from a hi-res photo. It's not even clear where Kelly's head is in the still it's so fuzzy. The Cork keeper appears to have no arms incidentally, which may have been a factor. Anyway, the still appears to show that Kelly's getting to the ball way ahead of the Cork defender which was how I saw it at the time, so why would he bother handling. Again I say it 'appears' that Kelly is well ahead of the defender, but the still proves nothing.

From where I was standing, twice as close to the incident as the camera, there was no suggestion of handball and I don't remember any protest from the Corkies at the time, but unquestionably I wasn't looking for it. I can see why some people might think it looks like handball from one distant angle, but its far from conclusive. It is interesting to see that the consensus on here is that it was probably handball though, it had never crossed my mind, live in HD.

Regardless, I'm not trying to convince anyone of my version of the truth, my point is that the video and this fuzzy screengrab are about as far from conclusive as you can get.
    Casey was appealing for handball instantly - technically he is not a Corkie though I suppose but a....Dubie?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Real ale Madrid View Post
    Casey was appealing for handball instantly - technically he is not a Corkie though I suppose but a....Dubie?
    It's a Dub thing to appeal - Sean Gannon clearly the first one with his hands up appealing before the ball even crossed the line. Practicing the infamous dark arts it seems

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    Fair enough.
    Have to admit i never heard\read that rumour and JR is a good source for DFC info.

Is he(James) barred from OP as per SGBWA's post a few days ago?Only asking cos i swore i seen him in the OP press box last night
    I see James rogers confirming he was banned from cork match without intervention from his union and Noel Mooney plus dfc players Told not to talk to him, I don't get it tbh it's not like he was saying anything t hat wasn't fair comment.
    Trying to silence the press never works just makes journo t he story

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seand View Post
    We've all seen the nonsense of taking stills out of context
    The context is its the moment of impact

At least that came from a hi-res photo
    You can thank Dundalk for the lack of hi-res since they cant be bothered to get a 1080p camera at the game.

It's not even clear where Kelly's head is in the still it's so fuzzy.
    Below the "s" in the "www.lumpersbar.ie"

The Cork keeper appears to have no arms incidentally, which may have been a factor.
    One is below the "e" in the first "fyffes" the other is below the second "f"

Anyway, the still appears to show that Kelly's getting to the ball way ahead of the Cork defender which was how I saw it at the time, so why would he bother handling.
    I've already posted links to images that show Kelly is well behind Casey after contact with the ball never mind as it happens

Again I say it 'appears' that Kelly is well ahead of the defender, but the still proves nothing.
    Yeah well something that's wrong does prove nothing, you're correct there.

I don't remember any protest from the Corkies at the time
    Three of them immediately appeal. They just know not to waste their breath because the ref is never going to change his mind and a lino standing in front of the shed with the whole Dundalk team beside him isn't going to pipe up.

It is interesting to see that the consensus on here is that it was probably handball though, it had never crossed my mind, live in HD.
    Of course it didn't you had your lillywhite tinted glasses on
    Last edited by RathfarnhamHoop; 10/09/2019 at 11:11 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    The context is its the moment of impact

You can thank Dundalk for the lack of hi-res since they cant be bothered to get a 1080p camera at the game.

Below the "s" in the "www.lumpersbar.ie"

One is below the "e" in the first "fyffes" the other is below the second "f"

I've already posted links to images that show Kelly is well behind Casey after contact with the ball never mind as it happens

Yeah well something that's wrong does prove nothing, you're correct there.

Three of them immediately appeal. They just know not to waste their breath because the ref is never going to change his mind and a lino standing in front of the shed with the whole Dundalk team beside him isn't going to pipe up.

Of course it didn't you had your lillywhite tinted glasses on
    Are you on drugs?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast