Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 94

Thread: Fixtures 30/31st August and 2nd September

  1. #61
    Seasoned Pro Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,471
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    845
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    686
    Thanked in
    453 Posts
    Was wondering whether that was Fenn's first game on the bench? Not the start he'd have wanted and in a derby, conceding a last minute winner is going to sting. Can Harps put a bit of a run together and cause a fright in Turners Cross? On the form guide if Dundalk beat Cork and Harps can get a win in Sligo, the Cork v Harps game on the 20th could be a barnstormer leaving a point or so in it for the run in. It's not beyond any chance that Harps could pull off something of a great escape! I've lost track with fixture changes and cup games but a result for Harps at all next up v St Pats and the battle to avoid the relegation play-off isnt done and dusted at all. Harps are capable of beating Sligo. All ifs and buts but the new manager 'bounce' didnt happen for Cork tonight and ye just dont know where Harps can spring a result from.

    Looking at the way the fixtures have fallen the 3 points for Waterford could save their season even with Cork with a game in hand. Even last day of the season Cork are away to Rovers with a North West derby same night. That would be some atmosphere if Harps can get in touching difference. Harps v Waterford while Cork host Dundalk the week before too. I havent claimed Dundalk as champions elect with a 7 pont gap so Harps shouldn't assume it a play-off spot is a forgone conclusion yet either imo!
    Last edited by Nesta99; 02/09/2019 at 9:12 PM.

  2. #62
    Reserves joey B's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Donegal
    Posts
    984
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    47
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    117
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    It'll be a tough ask to make up what is 8 points in reality,Cork do have away fixtures against all the top 4 and a home game with Dundalk but I think they'll scrape home by hook or by crook....

  3. #63
    Seasoned Pro Ezeikial's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,691
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    147
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,014
    Thanked in
    619 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    It'll be a tough ask to make up what is 8 points in reality,Cork do have away fixtures against all the top 4 and a home game with Dundalk but I think they'll scrape home by hook or by crook....
    I'd love to hear Ollie Horgan's take on it

  4. #64
    Reserves joey B's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Donegal
    Posts
    984
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    47
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    117
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    I'd love to hear Ollie Horgan's take on it
    I'd say we could all guess what that would be!

  5. #65
    Seasoned Pro Ezeikial's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,691
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    147
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,014
    Thanked in
    619 Posts
    Attempts by some journos or others to question Vinny Perth's abilities look kinda hollow at the moment

    Dundalk currently sitting on an average of 2.45 points per match, higher any seasons total of this decade.

    Ditto for the current win rate of 75.9%

    That's before looking at goals conceded, clean sheet record etc

    It's likely that many new records will be set before the season finishes

    James Rogers
    @jamesdundalk

    71 points now from 29 games for Dundalk - one more than after the same number of matches last season.Not since 2015, when they had 72 points at this stage, have they had a higher total during Vinny Perth's tenure at the club
    https://twitter.com/jamesdundalk/sta...26722268438528

  6. #66
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    2,828
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    82
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    333
    Thanked in
    243 Posts
    James Rodgers trying to get his ban lifted ?

  7. #67
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    2,828
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    82
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    333
    Thanked in
    243 Posts
    Just fyi the person who dm me , I tried to dm you back and u have to clear some space to get messages

  8. #68
    Seasoned Pro Ezeikial's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,691
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    147
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,014
    Thanked in
    619 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    James Rodgers trying to get his ban lifted ?
    He is banned?

    By whom? Why? For how long?

    Does he know about it?

  9. #69
    Reserves disgruntled's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    726
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    290
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    102
    Thanked in
    75 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    Waterford win. Fenn has a job on his hands there.
    He certainly has a huge job on his hands.
    There are several very young players there but it's the established players who are letting him down.
    We should have been out of sight last night but managed to pull defeat out of the jaws of victory.
    At the moment we couldn't win a raffle even if we bought every ticket.

  10. #70
    Seasoned Pro El-Pietro's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cork
    Posts
    3,293
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,176
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    538
    Thanked in
    372 Posts
    We didnt deserve to lose that game last night. We created more chances than we have done in ages and moved the ball really well. I had written off Stokes but he had a very good second half last night and I'd like to see more of him. Sheppard had his best game in a long time, and Sully still looks like our best attacking player.

    Positives as well in the performances of some of the U19s, particularly Honohan making his first start at right back. Ryan did well in goal, made some decent saves, though his kicking wasn't amazing.

    With all that said, our defending was criminal. We looked like we would concede from every single set piece, and Waterford were targeting us over the top for quick counter attacking goals and were unlucky not to score in the first half. The two goals we conceded were awful, a free header in the 6 yard box and then Garry Buckley gives the ball away in midfield, threw his arms up whinging that his intended target wasn't where he wanted him to be and didn't get back fast enough. Waterford carved though us and it was obvious they were going to score.

    I'd expect a high score on Friday if they don't figure out how to solve some of those problems quickly. The number of free headers Waterford had at the back post was worrying.

  11. #71
    Seasoned Pro marinobohs's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in the bar celebratingl
    Posts
    3,351
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    337
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    593
    Thanked in
    389 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopy View Post
    No answer to what. I've already corrected you're purposeful misquote. If it's your way to get through the day without thinking of losing to Rovers I suppose its better than annoying the Samaritans, again. As I said a definite last word syndrome with you, my ball, call it what you like. Fact is you're cracking up and can't take it, but have no problem giving it. Any diversion you try makes you look even sadder, if that's possible. Take your medicine. There's always next time.
    LAST WORD SYNDROME ? MY BALL ? WTF are you on ? In post #11 (on this thread) you claimed Keith longs job was under threat, I asked you to explain that and so far all you can do is whine but not answer.

    Once again, if it was acceptable for Bradser to go 8 derbies without a win why do YOU think Long is under any pressure after one game without a win. Simple question, even for you.
    Bohemian FC The Big Club since 1890

    From the Cradle to the Grave - BTID

  12. #72
    Apprentice Sidefx's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    44
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    LAST WORD SYNDROME ? MY BALL ? WTF are you on ? In post #11 (on this thread) you claimed Keith longs job was under threat, I asked you to explain that and so far all you can do is whine but not answer.

    Once again, if it was acceptable for Bradser to go 8 derbies without a win why do YOU think Long is under any pressure after one game without a win. Simple question, even for you.
    Lads, give it a rest ffs

  13. #73
    Seasoned Pro Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,471
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    845
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    686
    Thanked in
    453 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    We didnt deserve to lose that game last night. We created more chances than we have done in ages and moved the ball really well. I had written off Stokes but he had a very good second half last night and I'd like to see more of him. Sheppard had his best game in a long time, and Sully still looks like our best attacking player.

    Positives as well in the performances of some of the U19s, particularly Honohan making his first start at right back. Ryan did well in goal, made some decent saves, though his kicking wasn't amazing.

    With all that said, our defending was criminal. We looked like we would concede from every single set piece, and Waterford were targeting us over the top for quick counter attacking goals and were unlucky not to score in the first half. The two goals we conceded were awful, a free header in the 6 yard box and then Garry Buckley gives the ball away in midfield, threw his arms up whinging that his intended target wasn't where he wanted him to be and didn't get back fast enough. Waterford carved though us and it was obvious they were going to score.

    I'd expect a high score on Friday if they don't figure out how to solve some of those problems quickly. The number of free headers Waterford had at the back post was worrying.
    Duffy's standard looping corner to the back post might actually be effective then on Friday for a change!

  14. #74
    Apprentice Jd2793's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    90
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Duffy's standard looping corner to the back post might actually be effective then on Friday for a change!
    Ye will win at a canter. 3/4-0 I'd imagine with at least one from a set piece.

  15. #75
    First Team dong's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    1,679
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    218
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    262
    Thanked in
    156 Posts
    Easy enough work for Dundalk. Better first 11 and just as importantly, a squad able to rotate without any major drop in quality.
    We are 3 or 4 decent players short of really challenging for a top 5 spot.

  16. #76
    Seasoned Pro oriel's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Border
    Posts
    3,342
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    533
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    353
    Thanked in
    273 Posts
    Things can change very quickly Dong, both good and bad. I remember watching DFC v Sligo at home in 2012, season before Kenny arrived, and we were talking during the game, myself and my mate remarked every single Sligo sub would get into the Dlk first team !

    Granted Sligo won it that year, but the following season with not huge money invested, we finished runners up.
    #DundalkFC 4 titles in 5 years 2014/2015/2016/2018

  17. #77
    International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Basel (Allschwil)
    Posts
    5,784
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,584
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    431
    Thanked in
    330 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Attempts by some journos or others to question Vinny Perth's abilities look kinda hollow at the moment

    Dundalk currently sitting on an average of 2.45 points per match, higher any seasons total of this decade.

    Ditto for the current win rate of 75.9%

    That's before looking at goals conceded, clean sheet record etc

    It's likely that many new records will be set before the season finishes



    https://twitter.com/jamesdundalk/sta...26722268438528
    stats, bah, could argue the league has much weaker teams in it this season and are less competitive..........
    The only stat that matters is the one he will get at the end of the season, a title winning manager.

  18. #78
    Seasoned Pro Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,471
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    845
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    686
    Thanked in
    453 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Things can change very quickly Dong, both good and bad. I remember watching DFC v Sligo at home in 2012, season before Kenny arrived, and we were talking during the game, myself and my mate remarked every single Sligo sub would get into the Dlk first team !

    Granted Sligo won it that year, but the following season with not huge money invested, we finished runners up.
    Mark Quigley getting Sligo over the line with inuries elsewhere that season. He was a mercurial character but a super footballer at Dundalk and answered the doubters in the Sligo winning run in!

    *off topic I know but the Dundalk side in 2011 wasnt half bad on paper, expecially when you consider the implosion the following season. Madden, Maher, Bolger, Quigley, Keith Ward, McDonnell, Gaynor, Cherrie, an aging Hawkins and Byrne. Not miles off a good core as squads go.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 03/09/2019 at 6:47 PM.

  19. #79
    Reserves hoopy's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    910
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    66
    Thanked in
    58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    LAST WORD SYNDROME ? MY BALL ? WTF are you on ? In post #11 (on this thread) you claimed Keith longs job was under threat, I asked you to explain that and so far all you can do is whine but not answer.

    Once again, if it was acceptable for Bradser to go 8 derbies without a win why do YOU think Long is under any pressure after one game without a win. Simple question, even for you.
    Still haven't calmed down? All the anger still there? I was intimating at the fact that in your world you're never wrong and all you do is attack people, as your many posts on various threads testify to. You just assume everyone will back down if you keep it going. It usually works I'm sure as people just get sick of listening to you. Hence the last word syndrome, you always have to have it even when you're totally wrong. If I can answer your Bradley question it's that at Rovers the whole season doesn't revolve around how we do against Bohs. That's the difference. As I have already said twice now you're deliberately misquoting me about 'one game' and you know it. Its there for everyone to see. It is good however to see you're still seething from Friday.
    False hope is worse than no hope. Ask Sligo.

  20. #80
    Seasoned Pro Ezeikial's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,691
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    147
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,014
    Thanked in
    619 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennocelt View Post
    stats, bah, could argue the league has much weaker teams in it this season and are less competitive..........
    The only stat that matters is the one he will get at the end of the season, a title winning manager.
    So you don't like stats - that's fine. Put it more simply then, Dundalk under Vinny Perth are performing better in the league so far this season than in any of the last 6 years

    You can argue why that is if you wish.

    He may well have more than another league title to his credit by the end of the season

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 01/09/2018, 10:14 AM
  2. Rep of Ireland v Oman - Wednesday, 31st August 2016 - Friendly
    By DeLorean in forum Archived Match Threads
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 07/10/2016, 9:55 AM
  3. LOI Fixtures 31st July/1st August.
    By Dunny in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 04/08/2015, 4:40 PM
  4. Fixtures/Results: w/e 31st May 2009
    By Sam_Heggy in forum A Championship
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02/06/2009, 11:47 AM
  5. Fixtures/Results: w/e 31st August 2008
    By HarpoJoyce in forum A Championship
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 31/08/2008, 6:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •