Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast
Results 661 to 680 of 717

Thread: Adam Idah F. Celtic (loan from Norwich City) b.2001

  1. #661
    Reserves
    Joined
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    351
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    223
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    119
    Thanked in
    90 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    I doubt he'll ever get to the levels of Giroud and Drogba, but I've said before he could be like Ollie Watkins or Callum Wilson. Both lads had stints in lower divisions than Idah and developed late. They'd be good career target for Troy Parrott too
    At 22, Callum Wilson arrived at Bournemouth and scored 23 goals to win them promotion. Despite a spate of injuries he then scored 44 EPL goals before moving to Newcastle for £20m where he has scored nearly 50 EPL goals.

    At 22, Watkins scored 49 Championship goals in three seasons before arriving at Villa for £28m. He is currently on 59 EPL goals, 5 Euro goals and 10 Cup goals.

    At 23 (in two days), Idah has been tossed aside by mediocre Norwich. His opposition in coming months, bar a couple, will be the equivalent of Crewe Alexander and Burton Albion. I wish it wasn't, but any comparison to Wilson and Watkins is creative to say the least.

  2. Thanks From:


  3. #662
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,434
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7,876
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    784
    Thanked in
    543 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    At 22, Callum Wilson arrived at Bournemouth and scored 23 goals to win them promotion. Despite a spate of injuries he then scored 44 EPL goals before moving to Newcastle for £20m where he has scored nearly 50 EPL goals.

    At 22, Watkins scored 49 Championship goals in three seasons before arriving at Villa for £28m. He is currently on 59 EPL goals, 5 Euro goals and 10 Cup goals.

    At 23 (in two days), Idah has been tossed aside by mediocre Norwich. His opposition in coming months, bar a couple, will be the equivalent of Crewe Alexander and Burton Albion. I wish it wasn't, but any comparison to Wilson and Watkins is creative to say the least.
    He'd want to improve a lot alright ~ How come he doesn't make better use of his obvious physical attributes ~ I know soccer has become very namby pamby, but surely you can still use such physical advantages !

    On my head son ~ Head in where others wouldn't ~ Centre-backs Not pleased to see you ~ True Grit ~

  4. #663
    Reserves weldoninhio's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    412
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    199
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    65
    Thanked in
    50 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    At 22, Callum Wilson arrived at Bournemouth and scored 23 goals to win them promotion. Despite a spate of injuries he then scored 44 EPL goals before moving to Newcastle for £20m where he has scored nearly 50 EPL goals.

    At 22, Watkins scored 49 Championship goals in three seasons before arriving at Villa for £28m. He is currently on 59 EPL goals, 5 Euro goals and 10 Cup goals.

    At 23 (in two days), Idah has been tossed aside by mediocre Norwich. His opposition in coming months, bar a couple, will be the equivalent of Crewe Alexander and Burton Albion. I wish it wasn't, but any comparison to Wilson and Watkins is creative to say the least.
    I'd be comparing him more with Cillian Sheridan or Conor Sammon than Wilson or Giroud.

  5. #664
    Capped Player SkStu's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,854
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,326
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,743
    Thanked in
    2,586 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    On my head son ~ Head in where others wouldn't ~ Centre-backs Not pleased to see you ~ True Grit ~
    Boys in the park. Jumpers for goalposts. Beans on toast. Fly goalie. Four up front. Isn’t it? Wasn’t it? Marvellous.

  6. Thanks From:


  7. #665
    Seasoned Pro backstothewall's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,654
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    238
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    736
    Thanked in
    474 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Boys in the park. Jumpers for goalposts. Beans on toast. Fly goalie. Four up front. Isn’t it? Wasn’t it? Marvellous.
    I read this in the voice.
    Bring Back Belfast Celtic F.C.

  8. Thanks From:


  9. #666
    International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Just Another Emigrant
    Posts
    5,023
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,262
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,280
    Thanked in
    810 Posts
    Pineapple, you see now what I was on about... he might as well retire
    Its really not that complicated!!!

  10. #667
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    37,985
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,644
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,861
    Thanked in
    3,170 Posts
    I... don't really, to be honest?

  11. #668
    Coach John83's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    8,605
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,938
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,143
    Thanked in
    707 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    Pineapple, you see now what I was on about... he might as well retire
    I think you just have to let people be optimistic or pessimistic about a player without taking it personally if you disagree. Life's too short. Fingers crossed Idah wins the Premiership at 27 after breaking scoring records, but all we can do for now is watch and see how he does playing for a big fish in a small pond.

  12. Thanks From:


  13. #669
    Reserves weldoninhio's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    412
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    199
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    65
    Thanked in
    50 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    I think you just have to let people be optimistic or pessimistic about a player without taking it personally if you disagree. Life's too short. Fingers crossed Idah wins the Premiership at 27 after breaking scoring records, but all we can do for now is watch and see how he does playing for a big fish in a small pond.
    Big Fish?? Another anonymous performance yesterday and thankfully hauled after an hour.

  14. #670
    Capped Player
    Joined
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,490
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7,451
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,678
    Thanked in
    2,667 Posts
    Did anyone play well? Did Oh do any better?

  15. #671
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    37,985
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,644
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,861
    Thanked in
    3,170 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weldoninhio View Post
    Big Fish?? Another anonymous performance yesterday and thankfully hauled after an hour.
    From the post you quoted - "see how he does playing for a big fish in a small pond."

    Celtic are the big fish in a small pond, not Idah. That's fairly unarguable I think?

  16. #672
    Capped Player SkStu's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,854
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,326
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,743
    Thanked in
    2,586 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Celtic are the big fish in a small pond, not Idah. That's fairly unarguable I think?
    something something Connor Sammon.

  17. Thanks From:


  18. #673
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    37,985
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,644
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,861
    Thanked in
    3,170 Posts
    Sammo was a good penalty taker btw.

    Just throwing that out there.

  19. #674
    International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Just Another Emigrant
    Posts
    5,023
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,262
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,280
    Thanked in
    810 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Sammo was a good penalty taker btw.

    Just throwing that out there.
    Someone actually let him be on pens in the first place is the shocker there!
    Its really not that complicated!!!

  20. #675
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    37,985
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,644
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,861
    Thanked in
    3,170 Posts
    First found that out in a penalty shoot-out in a League Cup first round game in Station Road. Top bins. Shoot-outs are great for finding out that sort of stuff

  21. #676
    Reserves weldoninhio's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    412
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    199
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    65
    Thanked in
    50 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    Did anyone play well? Did Oh do any better?
    Oh had a decent chance near the end, deflected over. The other 10 played ok, a lot more control once Bernardo came on. Bernabei had a decent game considering how much stick he’s been getting, Kyogo seems to be coming into some form. Can see Celtic going back to 433 and Kyogo playing centrally with Palma and Kuhn playing either side. Pity to see Abada seems to have jacked it in. Good player on his day.

  22. Thanks From:


  23. #677
    Reserves
    Joined
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    296
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    125
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    150
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    Hopefully celtic will win a match with idah in the team at some point

    Whens the last time he started three times in a row btw.? So getting plenty of minutes now which hopefully he can build on, even if he is losing every game he plays.

  24. #678
    International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Just Another Emigrant
    Posts
    5,023
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,262
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,280
    Thanked in
    810 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Exgrad View Post
    Hopefully celtic will win a match with idah in the team at some point

    Whens the last time he started three times in a row btw.? So getting plenty of minutes now which hopefully he can build on, even if he is losing every game he plays.
    What are you on about, they won both games he played including a last minute winner from a penalty from Idah
    Its really not that complicated!!!

  25. #679
    Reserves
    Joined
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    296
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    125
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    150
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    Sorry was just going on the posts here and elsewhere, based on that was hard to believe he was contributing to a winning team.

  26. #680
    International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Just Another Emigrant
    Posts
    5,023
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,262
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,280
    Thanked in
    810 Posts
    Haha, sorry I missed the sarcasm
    Its really not that complicated!!!

  27. Thanks From:


Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. RTE: Irish striker Adam Idah set to join Celtic on loan
    By Foot.ie in forum Football Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01/02/2024, 10:50 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16/01/2024, 7:40 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04/01/2024, 6:30 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08/07/2023, 9:30 PM
  5. RTE: Ireland striker Idah commits to Norwich until 2028
    By Foot.ie in forum Football Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02/02/2023, 12:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •