Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Thread: Adam Idah F. Celtic (loan from Norwich City) b.2001

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Still another goal all the same though. He's building a nice tally .
    For sure. He's long needed a loan and he's done well enough with it. Was it Venezia he was linked with in January? I don't think that would have worked near as well for example. Celtic seems to have been the right move at the right time

How to kick on though? I think a summer move would be good - Norwich are flying and it's hard to see him making an impact there, especially if they go up (they're arguably the form team in the playoffs now). Does he go back to Celtic if he can't get in the team? Or is there a Plan C?

He's only scored once from play in his four starts and generally underwhelmed too. Four goals and an assist off the bench though. Being used now just as he was at Norwich. Hopefully won't get typecast

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    742 Posts
    Realistically he'll most likely be an impact sub option for us for the next few years too with Ferguson and Szmodics around the place. So it might not be the worst thing from our point of view. He could be our Ole Gunnar Solsjkaer, since it turns out that Ole Gunnar Solsjkaer isn't going to be our Ole Gunnar Solsjkaer.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    For sure. He's long needed a loan and he's done well enough with it. Was it Venezia he was linked with in January? I don't think that would have worked near as well for example. Celtic seems to have been the right move at the right time

How to kick on though? I think a summer move would be good - Norwich are flying and it's hard to see him making an impact there, especially if they go up (they're arguably the form team in the playoffs now). Does he go back to Celtic if he can't get in the team? Or is there a Plan C?

He's only scored once from play in his four starts and generally underwhelmed too. Four goals and an assist off the bench though. Being used now just as he was at Norwich. Hopefully won't get typecast

hopefully he is advised wisely i.e get out of the championship. follow parrotts route and get a move to the continen, get a run of starts under his belt and then see how things go from there.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,690 Posts
    Extract from Chris Sutton (copied from twitter, original Daily Record?) before today’s game;

If it wasn’t for Rabbi Matondo’s sublime equaliser, Idah would have gone down as an Old Firm hero.

As it was, he has only added to his case for a permanent transfer this summer. That’s six goals in just nine games for Idah – and only six starts– and I’m sure Norwich City fans will be wondering where it’s come from.

I don’t. I’ve always said he has ability and sometimes it just needs a change of scenery for a player to spark into life. By all accounts Idah was the one who really pushed for the move to Celtic and he’s really grabbed his chance. It wasn’t easy when he came in but he’s won over a lot of supporters.

There was some talk when he arrived that it would cost around £3m to get him on a permanent deal and if that’s the figure this summer, it would be an absolute steal. Idah has shown he can bring something different to the attack. Kyogo will always be the main man when fit, but it’s important to have a different option in certain games or coming off the bench.

When you consider some of the cash spent on strikers at Celtic in recent years, that would be small change to land a player who still has more developing to do and plenty of potential. If Idah does the business in the remainder of the campaign it would be a crying shame not to buy him.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    742 Posts
    Lovely words from Chris Sutton. Now let's look back at how he predicted this move would go when the signing was announced back in January.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/...-41321524.html

Spoofer.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

6. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,690 Posts
    Fair point. I read that at the time but had forgotten.

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738