Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Adam Idah F. Celtic (loan from Norwich City) b.2001

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elatedscum View Post
    He got an assist tonight. Didn’t know much about it, but he cut inside nicely and Vrancic took it off his toe before he could shoot.
    Yep, it looked like he was trying to set himself up for a shot with his left, but inadvertently set it up better for Vrancic!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bielsa´s irish View Post
    4 months out, a knee injury,, thanks Stephen for burning out the teens. Get Smart, man
    It’s not caused by burnout. It was caused by a bad tackle. He was taken off after 70 mins in the first game and got injured in the second. His workload at club level has been minimal. Ridiculous accusation. And 10 weeks is not four months...

3. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Yes, should be back late January. Collateral knee ligament sprain (which I assume it is reading between the lines) caused by burn out, I bow to your superior medical knowledge Bielsa, just wish you’d impart this knowledge on YBIG please

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Irrelevant posts moved to rubbish
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Good to see him get half an hour yesterday after a couple of minute cameos in his last two games. Already 2-0 down by the time of his introduction and got a yellow for his troubles, so at least showed willing by the looks of it.

Norwich haven’t scored in four games, so will hopefully get a bit of game time moving forward.

8. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Tap in goal today after keeper spilled an effort from a corner. Good timing ahead of qualifiers! Hopefully he can get more game time in the coming weeks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    bundled over the line, but they all count
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    bundled over the line, but they all count
    A bit far out for my liking.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    2 goals in 15 appearances seems underwhelming at first glance, but Idah has only played 283 minutes of league football this season, so really it's like 2 goals in 3 - I don't know why Farke doesn't give him better opportunities

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Idah is a victim of the current trend of only playing one striker/centre forward— he’ll never be ahead of Pukki. It’s a good point you raise.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan86 View Post
    Idah is a victim of the current trend of only playing one striker/centre forward— he’ll never be ahead of Pukki. It’s a good point you raise.
    This and the other issue is that he is very young to be that only centre forward. Very few centre forwards his age playing regularly. I make this point all the time but it's even more apparent when Pukki is going well. Pukki hit double digits in league goals once in the Finnish league when he was 21. The only time he achieved that in his career up until he got going at 26/27 in the Danish league and he has been consistently getting over 10 each season since.
    Last edited by Olé Olé; 02/03/2021 at 6:32 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Norwich are top of the Championship, and could secure promotion in the next few weeks, so whatever they're doing at the moment (I haven't seen much Championship football this season) it's clearly working
    Unfortunately for us, right now that includes using Idah as a substitute

17. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Idah has also had a couple of injuries I think. Has probably dramatically reduced his playing time

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samhaydenjr View Post
    2 goals in 15 appearances seems underwhelming at first glance, but Idah has only played 283 minutes of league football this season, so really it's like 2 goals in 3 - I don't know why Farke doesn't give him better opportunities
    Good point - appearances / goals can be misleading stat. To be fair he has been out injured for 2 - 3 months, Pukki been banging them in and they only tend to play with one out and out striker I think.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    Yeah, I know that Idah's season has been affected by injury, Farke's one-striker formation and Pukki's form, but it's frustrating checking the results and seeing that Idah has come on after the 85-minute mark yet again - I mean, surely he merits at least 10-15 minutes on a regular basis

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    I feel like he needs a loan for a prolonged period of games. I think of another out and out 9 like Tammy Abraham and the benefit that he got out of 3 loans to sides that were willing to make him their centre forward and play him every week. Harry Kane is another example from the years. I don't think Idah is likely to be comfortable or effective as a wide forward, and Norwich have a lot of options there, so he can't accumulate minutes and experience in those areas like young centre forwards have at other clubs e.g. Mason Greenwood. Calvert-Lewin.

From an Ireland perspective, we are obviously very keen for Idah to develop as soon as possible. I think he has the chance to be our centre forward for a long time and fits into Kenny's style ideally. That's probably leading to a little impatience on my side in terms of his development. I often forget how young he is. He turned 20 a couple of weeks ago. As much as I wish he went out on loan or a loan was planned after his recovery for the second half of the season, Norwich is probably a good place to be until the end of the season. Unless Pukki picks up an injury and Idah takes his place and thrives, there will have to be some very important discussions regarding his development this summer.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Norwich are certs to go up so I suspect they will sign a striker in the summer and send Idah out on loan to the Championship. Might be best for all parties.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Goal today https://twitter.com/norwich_goals/st...246884865?s=21 after an overall disappointing season. Big preseason ahead!

24. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Decent finish.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    Needs to be less patient next season - ask for more game-time or a loan move - dealing with scraps of garbage time and still scoring - when you add up his playing time, he's scored six goals in about eight games in his senior career (and that includes a full game against man United when the ball barely entered his half of the pitch)

27. Thanks From:

Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast