Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Adam Idah F. Celtic (loan from Norwich City) b.2001

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    745 Posts
    Me too, but I also like players that are fit. Adam is rarely fit these days, so should focus on that for now.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Me too, but I also like players that are fit. Adam is rarely fit these days, so should focus on that for now.
    He himself must think hes fit enough to have a chance to make it. I'd much rather a player have that attitude than miss the International window only to play a couple days later for the club. He may still very well end up going back to Norwich after a couple of days because it becomes obvious that hes not gonna make it, but Jesus, how is anyone giving a lad anything but praise for turning up for us even when hes in doubt. Plenty of players have been hammered over the years for missing games too easily.

He will be intensely focused on getting fit over the next few days, I hope it works out because I think hes an asset for us.

3. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Teemu Pukki leaving Norwich at the end of the season. Be interesting to see what they do now. General view on the Norwich forum is there trying to shoehorn too many similar players (Pukki, Idah, Sargent) into the team together, including all three last week, even they only had one shot on target. General view too is Idah isn't up to top Championship level really and could benefit from a loan.

Looking like they'll miss out on the playoffs this season so they may opt for a rebuild to get promoted before their parachute payments run out

Time will tell of course

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    And dropped to the bench today, along with Pukki

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Came on as a sub v Rotherham after 66 minutes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,306 Posts
    Interviewed on the beautiful game podcast. Touches on some of the issues his constant injuries have had on him.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Replaced Pukki after 57 minutes, away at Middlesbrough. After the 5-1 thrashing by Boro, Idah was given Norwich's highest rating (6) in The Pink Un; Omobamidele (captain) was rated the lowest (3).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Actually scores a goal! On the end of a scramble with a minute of coming on as a sub

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Great! Push on now Idah!! Strong finish to the season please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Started last week but was subbed off before halftime as Norwich went down to ten. Back on the bench today. Norwich have the feel of a side who simply don't know their starting lineup at all. An awful lot of changes lately

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    They have 2 points from 5 games, and are 6 points and 6 places off of the last playoff place with one game left. Maybe they're just experimenting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    If so, they started experimenting when they were seventh and about one point off the playoffs. They've seven points from ten games and any vaguely decent run of form in that time would have them top six now. I think there's been calls for the manager to be sacked of late too

I read too that they'd borrowed against their next season's parachute payments; if that's the case they could easily be a contender to drop to the third tier in the next couple of seasons.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    On the bench for the game v relegated Blackpool; Lyons and Hamilton start for the visitors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Not a great start to pre-season for Idah - one for Sergeant, three for Barnes but Idah missed two good chances when he came on, including a one-on-one, and was rated a 3 by the PinkUn website - https://www.pinkun.com/news/23642802...layer-ratings/
    Last edited by pineapple stu; 09/07/2023 at 7:26 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    It's preseason ffs, since when does anyone care about player ratings in preseason

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    You can read into it what you want for sure

But not a great afternoon's work when his rivals for a starting place score four between them while Idah is missing big chances against a sixth tier side.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    It's preseason, he probably missed a few chances in training last Thursday too, but I heard he was brilliant in the 5 a side game on Friday

19. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts
    I know he is a great lad who gives 100%
    But I think he's an incredible average player. Championship at best.
    A decent stricker needs that ability to be in the right place at the right time. I just don't see it here.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Preseason or not, it's hardly welcomed and will do nothing for his confidence if his team mates are banging in goals against pub teams and he's missing sitters. I mean, let's face it, he's hardly been prolific for them out of preseason. He's a player who needs a few goals to boost his confidence going into a new season and that's exactly what a good preseason is for and will do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    It's preseason, he probably missed a few chances in training last Thursday too, but I heard he was brilliant in the 5 a side game on Friday
    Not sure what relevance that is.

I know you think he's the second coming of Drogba and find all suggestions to the contrary to be almost offensive, but we have to be able to discuss games rationally. And yeah, it was a friendly - and I think we can take it as read that people can appreciate that fact - but his main rivals for starting places up front scored four in the first 50 minutes. On comes Idah - goals dry up immediately.

And on diggs' point about general ability, the highlights are below. That's a bad miss at 5:25 - typical of his lack of composure in front of goal unfortunately. And there's another chance at 6:30 where he tees himself up almost for an overhead kick or maybe a take-down in the box, but his teammate comes in for the cross in the right place and gets a good simple header on the ball and forces a good save and a corner - so positioning/decision making arguably not great there either. I think Stutts has called out that aspect of his game before. You could probably argue that's a little bit harsh - though the highlights then don't show a later one-on-one miss, so I think that balances out.

(Duffy's own goal is there at 4:35; it's a shocking error, though I didn't see you criticise my comment in his thread to the extent that it's best he get it out of the way in pre-season or similar)

On the Norwich forum he was being called out as off the pace. Some of the comments after the game -

What has he ever done to suggest he can have any kindof decent career as a striker at any professional level?
    A good result for Idah. Six goals being enough to be more than the times he was offside.
    I'd absolutely love Idah to come good, but am losing confidence myself he will as we've been saying this for 4 years now. At what point does it become acceptable (having waited 4 years) to put an opinion forward that you just feel he's not good enough at this level.
    Idah looked the least sharp of the attacking players.
    He just isn’t good enough for a championship team. We should loan him out and then sell him
    Timing of his runs needs serious improvement.
    They're not all like that - there's some who say he's never had a clearly defined role at Norwich and could benefit from a loan spell in that regard, and there's others who just blindly believe he'll come good - but it's certainly a majority view. And this from people who watch him week in week out.

I think we have to take it as a reasonable view to put out there without silly dismissals of it.
    Last edited by pineapple stu; 10/07/2023 at 8:01 AM.

Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast