Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Adam Idah F. Norwich City b.2001

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    But all of those are wide players except for Kyogo. I doubt that's how they'll be using Idah. He's been given the 9 shirt but that may not mean anything. I think he has been brought in to be a handful upfront. We disagree on how useful Oh is but I think that's his opportunity, either as an in-game sub for Kyogo or to complement him. Rodgers isn't getting anything like as much from Kyogo as Ange did.

On one hand I think the big pitch at Celtic presents an opportunity for him. On the other, most teams play a low block against Celtic and it's here (in contrast to Ferguson) I've had concerns about Idah. He's just not as adept at sniffing out a chance with a well timed dash to the 6 yard line or pulling back to the penalty spot.

I'd say his athleticism and physicality will cause trouble though.

I've rarely wanted an Irish player's move to work out as much as I want this one to.

A reliable source tells me he's a great character and well-liked in the dressing room.
    Celtic should never have sold Giokoumakkis.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Agree totally

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weldoninhio View Post
    It's not lower than coming up against the likes of Azerbaijan and drawing a blank, Bulgaria and drawing a blank, Finland and drawing a blank, or New Zealand and drawing a blank. Any starting SPFL defender would stroll into those senior international teams.
    It's a lower standard than any of the groups those games took place within. Besides anything else, most of those countries have far stronger teams than most Scottish Premiership clubs do. Friendlies are just that, friendlies. Similar to pre season games at club level.

Everyone knows the Scottish Premiership is a Mickey Mouse league, a couple of Championship teams, a couple of League 1 teams and the rest are League 2 at best. If he gets a good run in the league and doesn't score goals that will tell us all we need to know about him. The worry though is that he doesn't get the run to prove his standing either way.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

4. Thanks From:

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    866 Posts
    I hate the term Mickey Mouse league, for any league. Not everything has to be the Premiership and every single professional in the SPL is a standard of footballer us keyboard warriors could only dream of.

A lot of fantastic footballers have played for Celtic over the years. There are a lot of current international players in the current Celtic team playing for countries more successful than ours at the moment.

Idah has a chance to go see if he can succeed in a new environment, that will be extremely demanding from a fans point of view. Personally Im looking forward to seeing how it goes.
    Its really not that complicated!!!

6. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts
    Honestly I've played with and against a few former SPL players and you'd be surprised how narrow the gap is between some of them and decent amateur players (I'm not talking Celtic players here obviously, it's the bulk of the league I'm commenting on, the players Idah will be playing against rather than with - it's really not that good).
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

8. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts
    I hope that getting a good run of games for the next few months will help his game develop in the direction his potential has indicated in the past.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    I hate the term Mickey Mouse league, for any league. Not everything has to be the Premiership and every single professional in the SPL is a standard of footballer us keyboard warriors could only dream of.

A lot of fantastic footballers have played for Celtic over the years. There are a lot of current international players in the current Celtic team playing for countries more successful than ours at the moment.

Idah has a chance to go see if he can succeed in a new environment, that will be extremely demanding from a fans point of view. Personally Im looking forward to seeing how it goes.
    This is true. He's the same age as Virgil Van Dijk was when he joined Celtic. This can certainly be a platform for a very successful career.
    Bring Back Belfast Celtic F.C.

11. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,102 Posts
    Have said it in this thread that I'm disappointed he avoided the Serie A offer and plumped for the Celtic option.

Hardly surprising though. It's a big thing to play for Celtic and hard to turn down. The chance may not present itself again

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2024...ah-attributes/

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    Have said it in this thread that I'm disappointed he avoided the Serie A offer and plumped for the Celtic option.

Hardly surprising though. It's a big thing to play for Celtic and hard to turn down. The chance may not present itself again

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2024...ah-attributes/
    You were right to be disapppointed. It may still be a big thing to play for Celtic but it shouldn't be. They are a bang average mid-table Championship standard team playing in a L2 standard league.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,256 Posts
    In fairness, given the alternative seems to have been a relegation battle in Serie A - another league which isn't what it used to be - I don't think there can be too much disappointment unless people thought a Premier team might be in for him, which was never happening.

He was going nowhere at Norwich. Celtic and Verona may birth be sideways moves but if they get him first-team starts then either will be fine. He has a chance of impressing at Celtic and earning a permanent move to play Champions League next season. I suspect he'll be back at Norwich next season either way, but for now let's see if he can get some game time and work out where the goal is

15. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,102 Posts
    Assist with a little pass there. Lovely first touch pass from him nearly resulted in a second. He could suit them a lot.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    I thought he did well and made an impact. Kyogo was better after Idah came on. If he’d been on from the start it could have been a different game. He must have a chance of starting on Wednesday now.

18. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    567 Posts
    The battle between Celtic and Rangers is getting very competitive. Brings it's own pressure for all Celtic players.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    866 Posts
    Starts v Hibs today. Vata on bench
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Scored a peno after 10 minutes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Scores from the spot. Good to get off the mark with his first start even if it is a penalty.

It is the benefit of a striker going to a dominant team, the team is going to get way more chances and more penalties than mid table teams like Norwich.

Hopefully this is just the start of a healthy goals tally come the end of the season in Scotland.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yurt View Post
    Scores from the spot. Good to get off the mark with his first start even if it is a penalty.

It is the benefit of a striker going to a dominant team, the team is going to get way more chances and more penalties than mid table teams like Norwich.

Hopefully this is just the start of a healthy goals tally come the end of the season in Scotland.
    Had 8 touches in the first half and looking isolated according to BBC.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    567 Posts
    He seems to be a decent penalty taker, even though from open play he doesn't seem to be the most natural of finishers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    It's a lower standard than any of the groups those games took place within. Besides anything else, most of those countries have far stronger teams than most Scottish Premiership clubs do. Friendlies are just that, friendlies. Similar to pre season games at club level.

Everyone knows the Scottish Premiership is a Mickey Mouse league, a couple of Championship teams, a couple of League 1 teams and the rest are League 2 at best. If he gets a good run in the league and doesn't score goals that will tell us all we need to know about him. The worry though is that he doesn't get the run to prove his standing either way.
    Well he got a run tonight, and just like in the Championship, he’s looked like he won a competition to play in the game. Lad is gonna sink down the leagues as he gets older. Poor man’s Leon Best.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    567 Posts
    Another penalty for Idah ~ I said he was a good penalty taker !

Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast