Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Adam Idah F. Celtic (loan from Norwich City) b.2001

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weldoninhio View Post
    Well he got a run tonight, and just like in the Championship, he’s looked like he won a competition to play in the game. Lad is gonna sink down the leagues as he gets older. Poor man’s Leon Best.
    And yet he ends the night as the Celtic hero. Penalty taker for one of the two Glasgow teams must be one of the best jobs in world football, a seemingly endless series of opportunities to take a free shot at the opposition goal.

I expect he'll score a good few goals between now and May, a few from open play and a lot from pens.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

2. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,227 Posts
    Fairly mixed reviews on the Celtic forum in fairness - general (but not unanimous) view is he wasn't great outside the penalties, but they're glad to have someone who can score a penalty at least

4. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Fairly mixed reviews on the Celtic forum in fairness - general (but not unanimous) view is he wasn't great outside the penalties, but they're glad to have someone who can score a penalty at least
    In fairness celtic were woeful. He missed a few good chances but showed serious nerves to score that last penalty for a vital win. Beats sitting on Norwich s bench

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,227 Posts
    It absolutely beats sitting on the bench, sure

Celtic being woeful shouldn't justify him missing good chances in fairness!

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    The lad is there 5 mins and has 2 goals and an assist. It's a fine start, room for improvement but you'd swear reading some lads on here that he might as well retire.

And yes he missed some chances, strikers do that sometimes, but overall his movements and positioning were quite good... and showed massive balls to slot home winning pen.
    Last edited by Razors left peg; 07/02/2024 at 10:07 PM.
    Its really not that complicated!!!

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,227 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    you'd swear reading some lads on here that he might as well retire.
    Which posts would those be, RLP?

Strikers miss some chances sometimes, sure. Idah does it a lot though; it's worth a mention, don't you think? Or do you not think an attempt at a balanced analysis is a good thing on a discussion forum?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,631 Posts

Strikers miss some chances sometimes, sure. Idah does it a lot though; it's worth a mention, don't you think? Or do you not think an attempt at a balanced analysis is a good thing on a discussion forum?
    Weldoninho’s post is absolute horsesh!t and not an attempt at balanced analysis. I’d imagine that’s who RLP was referring to, in the main.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts

" he’s looked like he won a competition to play in the game"

That's not exactly balanced or accurate on how he played

13. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,096 Posts
    Hopefully he can get an extended run whereby he scores penalties, provides assists and has a good all around influence on games and eventually he might improve his composure and technique for finishing non penalty chances.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    " he’s looked like he won a competition to play in the game"

That's not exactly balanced or accurate on how he played
    Over-done by Weldon ! !

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    858 Posts

Perfectly clear which post. The competition winner one. Nonsense from a poster who's fluent in it.

He missed plenty tonight, I thought he offered little in open play & got very different headlines due to two penalties, which he had the balls to take & take well. Celtic created an assembly line of chances & he missed all of them, I counted five, some were could have done better some were had to score ones. But he was the reason they got out of jail also & that's the bottom line on it.
    Last edited by CraftyToePoke; 08/02/2024 at 5:23 AM.
    Stephen Kenny Saviour, Leader, Winner, An Autobiography - In All Good Bookstores Now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,227 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Weldoninho’s post is absolute horsesh!t and not an attempt at balanced analysis. I’d imagine that’s who RLP was referring to, in the main.
    I'll agree with that one, sure. Though RLP spoke of more than one post/poster

I think at times people here (and there I go doing it now...) try to blow up one extreme view into a wider-held firm view when actually a post like that one is best ignored imo. And blanket defence posts are very similar I think
    Last edited by pineapple stu; 08/02/2024 at 7:29 AM.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,694 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    Celtic created an assembly line of chances & he missed all of them, I counted five, some were could have done better some were had to score ones.
    I remember four, one saved by Marshall where he should have lifted it, one saved by Marshall's feet with a decent effort but he was later flagged offside, one blasted onto the bar (had to score) but again offside and the worst was a total fluff from 8 yards from a lovely low sqaure ball across the box. That was the one that annoyed me the most, a great chance at a crucial time of the game. Scoring it would have really announced his arrival. Instead it planted doubts.

I say "annoyed" because I was praying for him to get a good start and create his own momentum. The penalties probably did that in the end, but he and everyone else knows that they don't show the whole picture.

Harsh assessment but he'll have more chances soon and it's early days.

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Time will tell. I believe he'll end up a lower league journeyman. Not sure how anyone has seem anything more from him. He's a striker who can't score, bar from peno spot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weldoninhio View Post
    Time will tell. I believe he'll end up a lower league journeyman. Not sure how anyone has seem anything more from him. He's a striker who can't score, bar from peno spot.
    People are hopeful because he played premier league football quite young. Injuries have disrupted his development, and yes he may well not amount to more than you say, but I don't see any reason to write him off yet. If he has an injury-free semester with Celtic now, and plays regularly, it'll be an opportunity for him to show what he can do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    People are hopeful because he played premier league football quite young. Injuries have disrupted his development, and yes he may well not amount to more than you say, but I don't see any reason to write him off yet. If he has an injury-free semester with Celtic now, and plays regularly, it'll be an opportunity for him to show what he can do.
    Thats fair enough as an Ireland fan, but as a Celtic fan I'd rather Rocco Vata get minutes than waste time with Idah.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    I'll agree with that one, sure. Though RLP spoke of more than one post/poster
    Did I? You asked what I meant and I quoted the exact post I was talking about. Don't think I could have been any clearer tbh

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    It's also that he has some great attributes for a centre forward. He's tall, he's quick and he has a decent touch. He absolutely hasn't put it all together yet, and he may never do, but there's another possibility which is that by 24 or 25 things click for him, he learns how to use his speed, size and strength to best effect and he becomes a genuinely top level striker as a result.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    So he needs more time. Idah has made 166 senior appearances for Norwich and has 22 international caps. Next week he faces St Mirren, followed by Kilmarnock. It'll all come together but he needs more time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    So he needs more time. Idah has made 166 senior appearances for Norwich and has 22 international caps. Next week he faces St Mirren, followed by Kilmarnock. It'll all come together but he needs more time.
    He's 22, not unreasonable to think he might get better with age given the amount of experience he has already

Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast