Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Adam Idah F. Celtic (loan from Norwich City) b.2001

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ifk101 View Post
    Don't know, haven't seen Verona play so don't know how Idah fits into their plans other than what your previous post could suggest. I can see a striker (5 goals) has left Verona in January so presumably they need a replacement. That striker is the "typical big man upfront head the ball" type of player which Idah isn't.
    look it could work, hope it does. but i really think its a tough choice for him. being in a relegation scrap is tough going for forwards.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    752 Posts
    Apparently the deal to Celtic is done subject to a medical today. Hope he is given a fair chance there.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    They've had a poor transfer window and Rodgers knows he needed someone with a bit of physicality up front - that's why they were looking at Miovski & Van Hooijdonk.

Aberdeen wanted bigish money for Miovski and it looks like Van Hooijdonk chose Norwich - he's a stopgap at Celtic, if he performs it might become permanent, but I wouldn't hold my breath - hope I'm wrong, but I'd expect him to be back at Norwich in the summer.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,694 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weldoninhio View Post
    Distinctly mediocre Oh who's averaging a league goal every 120 minutes for Celtic this season. Wish Ireland had a distinctly mediocre striker like that. The nonsense that gets spouted about Celtic and it's players in here is unreal
    Ah come on (or Oh come on). Oh is wholly unreliable in front of goal. I don't know any Celtic fan who's won over by him. He has his good moments but also his bad ones. He has scored some late important goals and he has also scored some ultra-late goals against beaten opposition. But he also misses a lot of good chances, falls over the ball holding it up...Overall, mediocre is exactly what he is. Far from "unreal nonsense".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    Ah come on (or Oh come on). Oh is wholly unreliable in front of goal. I don't know any Celtic fan who's won over by him. He has his good moments but also his bad ones. He has scored some late important goals and he has also scored some ultra-late goals against beaten opposition. But he also misses a lot of good chances, falls over the ball holding it up...Overall, mediocre is exactly what he is. Far from "unreal nonsense".
    Strikers are paid to score goals. He's averaging 1 every 120 minutes coming on late into games in a new league with a completely different challenges and culture. I'd rather 1 Oh than 3 Adam Idahs.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,694 Posts
    Fine but less of the hyperbolic unreal nonsense stuff please. Mine is a valid opinion shared by many. I’d rate Oh over Idah too. Right now I think Celtic need better than both.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    I dont love the Celtic move for Idah but Ive always rated him and maybe a change of scenery could kickstart him a little. Celtic have a history of signing lads who have been struggling at other clubs and end up successful. Chris Sutton for example,when he signed was a disaster at Chelsea and he rehabilitated his career. I know Sutton had high level of success previously and Im not comparing him to Idah necessarily, but I do think there is a player in Idah. I'd rather he not go to Celtic, because Im not sure hes guaranteed to play, but equally I think he has the ability to go there and do very well.

Its only a half season loan so its potentially worth a punt for both sides
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    The big negative for Idah is that Norwich, just one win outside the play-off positions, believe he has nothing to offer in a push for promotion. Not even off the bench. That's damaging.

And Celtic are out of Europe, so apart from a couple of pressure games (if selected) against Rangers it's the might of such as Ross County, St Johnstone and Livingston. He'll need to score a lot to prove he hasn't found his level.

10. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,694 Posts
    I'd agree with Razor that there does appear to be a good footballer in there but we've only seen it in patches so far. At some stage in his career he'll have to step up to prove it so hopefully that time is now. If he can't get in among the goals regularly against some of the sides he'll be up against then maybe he's just not as good as we thought he might be. I wish him well and am looking forward to being surprised on the upside.

12. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,227 Posts
    Finally confirmed an hour before the transfer window shuts - loan move till the end of the season. General look around the forums is that Norwich fans aren't bothered and Celtic fans are a bit bothered by that.

Been clear for a while now that he needed a loan move to get some regular starts - just not sure if he'll find that at Celtic though? Be interesting to see how he gets on all the same. While it's a good opportunity, Stutts' point about what happens if his scoring rate remains low is valid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    It really is a wait and see how it goes move. No one really knows what to expect, even those of us who like him more than others

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    488 Posts
    I'd be concerned that he's swapping a dugout in East Anglia for one in the east end of Glasgow
    Bring Back Belfast Celtic F.C.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    604 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by backstothewall View Post
    I'd be concerned that he's swapping a dugout in East Anglia for one in the east end of Glasgow
    I'd be concerned that Celtic might ship him off to play Gala Fairydean Rovers! In fairness, the Lowland and Highland Leagues have clubs with the best names: Caledonian Braves, Cumbernauld Colts, Civil Service Strollers, Bo'ness United.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts
    Hopefully he goes there and bangs in the goals. I do think he has the ability to do that. Big issue is his confidence. For Ireland at least, he often he gets in areas to shoot and doesn’t pull the trigger. Hopefully Brendan Rodgers, as flawed as he is, can get him played the best football of his career. He got the best out of better footballers (Luis Suarez, Daniel Sturridge, Raheem Sterling etc)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    He got the number 9, and I'll be honest when I seen a Pic of him in the shirt I got excited.

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    He's thankfully not gonna get a game ahead of Kyogo, Abada, Kuhn, or Palma. Hopefully take the Mikey Johnstone, 5 min cameo when the game is won role so he doesn't do too much damage to Celtics title run in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    All those names are midgets so maybe that's the reason Celtic have brought Idah in - i.e. somebody for others to play off? Don't follow Celtic too closely and can understand the signing of Idah does not excite, but he can be a decent attack pivot - as he showed for us in the home game against Holland.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    752 Posts
    If he's given a fair chance he'll score a few goals at that level, it's a lower standard of football than he's ever played before, in terms of senior football anyway. The question is whether he'll get the minutes or not. You just can't trust Celtic to get the best out of him, if he's going to do it he'll be doing it by himself. In that's respect it's a big challenge for him.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,694 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weldoninhio View Post
    He's thankfully not gonna get a game ahead of Kyogo, Abada, Kuhn, or Palma. Hopefully take the Mikey Johnstone, 5 min cameo when the game is won role so he doesn't do too much damage to Celtics title run in.
    But all of those are wide players except for Kyogo. I doubt that's how they'll be using Idah. He's been given the 9 shirt but that may not mean anything. I think he has been brought in to be a handful upfront. We disagree on how useful Oh is but I think that's his opportunity, either as an in-game sub for Kyogo or to complement him. Rodgers isn't getting anything like as much from Kyogo as Ange did.

On one hand I think the big pitch at Celtic presents an opportunity for him. On the other, most teams play a low block against Celtic and it's here (in contrast to Ferguson) I've had concerns about Idah. He's just not as adept at sniffing out a chance with a well timed dash to the 6 yard line or pulling back to the penalty spot.

I'd say his athleticism and physicality will cause trouble though.

I've rarely wanted an Irish player's move to work out as much as I want this one to.

A reliable source tells me he's a great character and well-liked in the dressing room.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    If he's given a fair chance he'll score a few goals at that level, it's a lower standard of football than he's ever played before, in terms of senior football anyway. The question is whether he'll get the minutes or not. You just can't trust Celtic to get the best out of him, if he's going to do it he'll be doing it by himself. In that's respect it's a big challenge for him.
    It's not lower than coming up against the likes of Azerbaijan and drawing a blank, Bulgaria and drawing a blank, Finland and drawing a blank, or New Zealand and drawing a blank. Any starting SPFL defender would stroll into those senior international teams.

Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast