Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Adam Idah F. Celtic (loan from Norwich City) b.2001

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,690 Posts
    Not sure if discussed elsewhere but I thought he was poor last night. Two very timid efforts with his right foot and poor decision making at times. He was set up beautifully in the first half for a right footed curler from 15 yards. It'd have been a very good goal but he caught it fat and straight at Kelleher. Missed his starting point by a matter of 2-3 metres I'd say and didn't even test Kelleher.

2. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Heard similar reports elsewhere. Really needs to be taking these chances, I don't mean against Liverpool as such but when he gets game time
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,094 Posts
    I don't disagree but what might stand to him is how bad Tzolis was beside him and Pukki was poor too when he came in.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    425 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    I don't disagree but what might stand to him is how bad Tzolis was beside him and Pukki was poor too when he came in.
    While Tzolis was poor he's technically a winger, and Pukki only came on for the last 20 minutes when the game was over. Think Norwich should have loaned Idah out this season and get him meaningful game time to develop. Last season was a decent chance to play more minutes but injuries ruined that, and can't see him picking up many minutes outside of cup games this season.

Pukki will be in the last year of his contract next season and Norwich will have to spend money to replace his goals if they want to remain a yo-yo club and keep getting that premier league money.

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    Big chance today after a positive impact from the bench in the Newcastle game.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Looks likely to be loaned out to Notts Forest in January, as Norwich want to recall Jordan Hughill from his loan at WBA. (www.the72.co.uk; www.sportsmole.co.uk).
    I know he's young, but from what I've seen of him I'm not sure he has the hunger to be a significant goal-scorer at the top level.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Demesne Lad View Post
    Looks likely to be loaned out to Notts Forest in January, as Norwich want to recall Jordan Hughill from his loan at WBA. (www.the72.co.uk; www.sportsmole.co.uk).
    I know he's young, but from what I've seen of him I'm not sure he has the hunger to be a significant goal-scorer at the top level.
    I don't think hunger is the issue. He isnt good enough to be a premier league striker

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,094 Posts
    Get that pen out because this guy should be written off...

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    In fairness, he's had a lot of chances now - 68 senior appearances and just six goals. Three of those came in his third game - so 3 in 65 since then. That's a poor record for a forward. I think you can certainly start to draw views based on it.

That said, Forest would probably be a better place than Norwich for him now anyway. Norwich are a waste of space in the Premier and playing up front for them must be hard work. At least playing for a mid-table side, even one tier lower, he'll likely get more chances. I think it's exactly what he needs at the moment.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    715 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    I don't think hunger is the issue. He isnt good enough to be a premier league striker
    Lad's 20, and could come good yet. I think it's probably fairer to say he isn't currently good enough to be a premier league striker.

I would certainly be interested to see how he looks in a less overwhelmed team at a slightly lower level.

13. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    557 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    Lad's 20, and could come good yet. I think it's probably fairer to say he isn't currently good enough to be a premier league striker.

I would certainly be interested to see how he looks in a less overwhelmed team at a slightly lower level.
    Very young, Loads of good physical attributes, He sure could come good yet.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Im still on the fence with him but the Premiership isnt exactly littered with 20 year old strikers. To write him off already would be ridiculous

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    In fairness, he's had a lot of chances now - 68 senior appearances and just six goals. Three of those came in his third game - so 3 in 65 since then. That's a poor record for a forward. I think you can certainly start to draw views based on it.

That said, Forest would probably be a better place than Norwich for him now anyway. Norwich are a waste of space in the Premier and playing up front for them must be hard work. At least playing for a mid-table side, even one tier lower, he'll likely get more chances. I think it's exactly what he needs at the moment.
    There was a stat focussing on Idah recently - certainly in the last week - others here are aware of it, where he's in the top 5 for most used substitutes in 2021 (or something along those lines), but his total mins on the pitch don't add up to a full game.
    I've butchered the argument naturally, but it's more the jist. How many games has he played 60+ minutes, and how many of those games has he played back to back or on a run.

John Aldridge played 20 times for Ireland before scoring, and even then those two goals were against Malta, a 1yd faceplant, and then a penalty. He scored his next a year later against Turkey, and that despite winning 3 FD championships, one FA Cup, a league cup and two further league runners up, fa cup runners up and league cup runners up including two Golden boots. in that ireland period he played luxembourg twice, the north twice, and Egypt.

Good strikers go on barren runs, **** strikers go on great runs sometimes. Idah isn't Aldo, but it's nonsense to right him off. I think back to Slovakia - that goal goes in, and who knows what happens.

he needs consistent football, and he needs it immediately.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    He's played 143 minutes in 11 games this season. 68 of those minutes were in his first start against Spurs this weekend. In 9 of those games he's had the final ten minutes, or less, on the pitch.

Strikers are form players. They need to be playing consistently, and getting chances to score. I think it's fair to say he's not getting a chance at all and a loan move could do him the world of good.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    The John Aldridge comparison has been here before, and I don't know why. It's not remotely the same thing.

Coming on as a late sub so often is valid when looking at his stats - but then why's he not being considered for more game time nearly two years after grabbing a hat-trick on his third senior appearance?

I don't think people are writing him off - the loan move sounds exactly what he's been crying out for - but I do think he's being used too much in the senior side and it's not helping us. Look at how the game changed in Luxembourg when he was subbed off for example.

But let's hope he gets this loan move, and by the summer then we should have a better idea whether he's a player or not

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    I disagree that he was the problem against lux. Well he was but it's not his fault. Hes a number 9 and he played like one. With no service what is he to supposed to do?
    Knight is an entirely different type of player and created a different system in field. It was a great substitution but not in my view any kind of comment on idah.

As for this nottm forest thing.. . I read that hugill is being sent back for being ineffective.. his stats are awful.

I don't see any quotes from the club except dean smith being supportive... if he gets 3 or 4 starts and scores 2.. he wont be going anywhere in Jan.

Impossible to analyse a kid like this with such awful game time to work with especially when their season has been a car crash.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    I think there's very, very little writing off of Adam Idah going on here. A loan move could be the makings of him (though it hasn't been for Parrott. Not yet anyway) but he's having a bad year at club level. Idah's miss the other day wasn't encouraging though, the ball came to him fast any unexpectedly but it didn't say much for his finishing or composure. It's only one incident obviously but he needs to take off of these eventually.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    557 Posts
    He stuck his leg out at that one the other day and it went wide. A forward having a bit of form and luck and that flies in to the goal ~ Funny old game !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamo kerry View Post
    I disagree that he was the problem against lux. Well he was but it's not his fault. Hes a number 9 and he played like one. With no service what is he to supposed to do?
    OK - but what do we judge him on then?

13 caps for Ireland, an average of just over an hour on the pitch each time. No goals, and hasn't really gone close either. Came on for the last half hour against Andorra when they were tiring and we scored four, but Idah wasn't one of them. His finishing has been poor when he's got chances to be honest. He held the ball up really well in Portugal and that was probably his best game for us. But at the moment, that kind of makes him this generation's Conor Sammon - can hold the ball up, can't head or score.

Yes, he's 20 and yes, the loan move should be good for him (with slk's caution about how Parrott's move has gone). Someone said on another thread that we were being impatient with our young forwards - it was an interesting comment, though I think it's probably fairer to say that we're desperate. But as things stand at the moment, if we had options enough to leave Connolly, Idah and Parrott out of the March squads, I'd do that.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    He was just picked to start his 1st game under Dean Smith at the weekend. Lets judge him better if that continues to happen. Judging a lad when he normally get 5 mins per game is pointless. Also judging him on a lot of Ireland games is completely pointless too since we were struggling until recently.

As I said, Im still not convinced about him either, but to make sweeping judgements at this point is just nonsense.

27. Thanks From:

Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast