Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: North End v Longford Town (LSC)

  1. #1
    Club Member ForzaForth's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,294
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    132
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    591
    Thanked in
    404 Posts

    North End v Longford Town (LSC)

    North End completed a very comfortable 5-1 win in the Leinster Senior Cup in Ferrycarrig tonight against what looked like a fully underage Longford side. North End started with Lee, Craig, Gary, Robin, Dale, Ciaran, Spot, Alan, Niall, Adam and with Kyle Dempsey up front. Longford started relatively well and had an early shot on six minutes but it sailed over Lee Walker’s goal. However, with Longford playing a high line defensively they were very vulnerable to any pass which went behind their defence. This was particularly the case with the distribution by an excellent Spot Murphy sitting in front of his back four. On nine minutes, NE should have scored when Adam Beary was sent free down the right but Kyle Dempsey could only steer his low cross wide of the Longford post. NE’s Ciaran Carthy then had a chance to lob the Longford keeper but the attempt just drifted wide of the Longford goal-post. Just before the half-hour, Dale Flynn of NE could only side-foot a good cross over the Longford bar at the far post. NE’s first goal followed just after the half-hour when Adam Beary profited from an error in the Longford defence to round the away keeper and score comfortably. A rare Longford attack then resulted in a floated cross hitting the NE crossbar with Lee Walker back-pedalling but the ball stayed out. With seven minutes to go in the half, NE were awarded a peno following a late challenge on Dale Flynn and Spot Murphy easily converted to make it 2-0. NE continued to dominate the first half and got their third when Alan Rhodes smacked home Adam Beary’s low cross. It was 4-0 just before the break when Niall Connolly converted a headed flick-on by Kyle Dempsey. 4-0 to NE at half-time with Longford’s heads having dropped as the goals flowed for NE.

  2. #2
    Club Member ForzaForth's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,294
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    132
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    591
    Thanked in
    404 Posts
    With the tie over, the second half was a relatively tame affair. Longford had an early chance when a long-ball put the NE defence under pressure, but the Longford forward could only drill his volley wide of the NE goal-post. Kyle Dempsey then got the goal of the night for NE when he finished off a very slick NE passing move. NE's Robin Dempsey then conceded a peno following a rash tackle in the NE area and this was also converted by Longford to leave the score at 5-1. Subs for NE during the second half were Ayman Youssef, Daryl Power and, I think, Tony Crosbie. 5-1 to NE at the finish and NE now meet Bohemians in the last eight. Best for NE on the night were Spot Murphy, Gary Delaney and Robin Dempsey.

  3. #3
    International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Killashee Longford
    Posts
    8,036
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,059
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    535
    Thanked in
    450 Posts
    Forza cheers for this info as our Media officer couldnt make the game and Extratime didnt have a reporter at it. Have you an idea of who to ask to get town team plus subs that came on plus our goalscorer?
    Daire Doyles red and black army

  4. #4
    Club Member ForzaForth's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,294
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    132
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    591
    Thanked in
    404 Posts
    Marty

    I have the starting eleven (apologies for any spelling errors):- 1. Jack Kelly; 2. Tlou Tumelo; 3. Kristian Crawford; 4. Daniel Ridge; 5. O'Connor (Not sure whether it was Darragh or Evan); 6. Dylan Glancy; 7. Animashaun Babatunde; 8. Thomas McLaughlin; 9. Aaron McCabe; 10. Cian Kavanagh; 11. Michael Adebambo. Three subs came on but I don't have a record of those. I think the Longford penalty was scored by Adebambo.

    North End did have a free four-page programme for the game from which the above names are taken. If you're coming down on Friday, let me know and I can give you a spare one as I know you're interested in programmes. I'm a bit of a hoarder myself!

  5. #5
    International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Killashee Longford
    Posts
    8,036
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,059
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    535
    Thanked in
    450 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ForzaForth View Post
    Marty

    I have the starting eleven (apologies for any spelling errors):- 1. Jack Kelly; 2. Tlou Tumelo; 3. Kristian Crawford; 4. Daniel Ridge; 5. O'Connor (Not sure whether it was Darragh or Evan); 6. Dylan Glancy; 7. Animashaun Babatunde; 8. Thomas McLaughlin; 9. Aaron McCabe; 10. Cian Kavanagh; 11. Michael Adebambo. Three subs came on but I don't have a record of those. I think the Longford penalty was scored by Adebambo.

    North End did have a free four-page programme for the game from which the above names are taken. If you're coming down on Friday, let me know and I can give you a spare one as I know you're interested in programmes. I'm a bit of a hoarder myself!
    Thanks Forza you have done a blinder I imagine it has to be Evan O'Connor as he played in the first time last season!

    I wont be able to make Wexford game as I am in Mullingar Hospital having an long overdue operation and will be in for four days.
    But please can you post that programme to;
    Marty Stapleton,
    Sharvogue,
    Killashee,
    Co Longford.

    and thanks a million for your help as I was majorly stuck in getting info!
    Daire Doyles red and black army

  6. #6
    Club Member ForzaForth's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,294
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    132
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    591
    Thanked in
    404 Posts
    No problem and best of luck in Mullingar. I'll get it in the post tomorrow.

  7. Thanks From:


  8. #7
    International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Killashee Longford
    Posts
    8,036
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,059
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    535
    Thanked in
    450 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ForzaForth View Post
    No problem and best of luck in Mullingar. I'll get it in the post tomorrow.
    Well Forza operation was a success and I am back at home recuperating as I have still a bandage on my stomach covering the hole where the operation took place as it was a reversal for a twisted bowel arising from last year.

    That Leinster Senior cup tie teamsheet says last 16 on it. Is that 1st Round or 2nd Round?
    Daire Doyles red and black army

  9. Thanks From:


  10. #8
    Club Member ForzaForth's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,294
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    132
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    591
    Thanked in
    404 Posts
    Good to hear that, Marty.

    I believe North End got into the last eight by beating Longford. However, North End lost to Bohemians by three goals to two last night (Saturday), so Bohs are now in the semi-finals.

  11. #9
    International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Killashee Longford
    Posts
    8,036
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,059
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    535
    Thanked in
    450 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ForzaForth View Post
    Good to hear that, Marty.

    I believe North End got into the last eight by beating Longford. However, North End lost to Bohemians by three goals to two last night (Saturday), so Bohs are now in the semi-finals.
    so that round that we played north end in lsc was that 1st round or 2nd round? Thats what is getting me! I am compiling our season stats.

    Also was any sendings off for us in that LSC game can you remember?
    Daire Doyles red and black army

  12. #10
    Club Member ForzaForth's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,294
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    132
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    591
    Thanked in
    404 Posts
    Marty

    I've just checked the match report in our local paper and it doesn't mention any red cards. The report also has the bonus of mentioning three subs for Longford - Patrick O'Sullivan for Kavanagh; Ben Lynch for Crawford; and Bradley Okaidja for Adebambo. The report also attributes Longford's successful penalty to Okaidja rather than Adebambo. These details are more likely to be correct - I don't know what's going on half the time!

    The tie was in the last sixteen so I'm guessing thirty-two teams or thereabouts start in the LSC. That would make it the second round but I could easily be wrong.

  13. #11
    International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Killashee Longford
    Posts
    8,036
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,059
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    535
    Thanked in
    450 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ForzaForth View Post
    Marty

    I've just checked the match report in our local paper and it doesn't mention any red cards. The report also has the bonus of mentioning three subs for Longford - Patrick O'Sullivan for Kavanagh; Ben Lynch for Crawford; and Bradley Okaidja for Adebambo. The report also attributes Longford's successful penalty to Okaidja rather than Adebambo. These details are more likely to be correct - I don't know what's going on half the time!

    The tie was in the last sixteen so I'm guessing thirty-two teams or thereabouts start in the LSC. That would make it the second round but I could easily be wrong.
    lovely stuff great thing I asked as I didnt have the 3 subs on my list. That OConnor that played for us that you couldnt get a name for does it give his first name as there was two of them that travelled.

    Yet again you have done a blinder for me Forza!!
    Daire Doyles red and black army

  14. #12
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    30,369
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,365
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,665
    Thanked in
    1,659 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    so that round that we played north end in lsc was that 1st round or 2nd round? Thats what is getting me! I am compiling our season stats.

    Also was any sendings off for us in that LSC game can you remember?
    LoI sides enter at the fourth round

  15. Thanks From:


  16. #13
    Club Member ForzaForth's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,294
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    132
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    591
    Thanked in
    404 Posts
    Marty

    Press report in 'Wexford People' indicates that it was Evan O'Connor who started for Longford.

  17. Thanks From:


Similar Threads

  1. ET: League Preview: Athlone Town -v- Longford Town
    By Foot.ie in forum Football Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02/08/2019, 12:10 PM
  2. ET: League Preview: Longford Town -v- Athlone Town
    By Foot.ie in forum Football Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25/05/2019, 7:30 PM
  3. ET: League Preview: Athlone Town -v- Longford Town
    By Foot.ie in forum Football Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22/03/2019, 8:20 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02/01/2013, 3:48 PM
  5. Longford Town 3-1 Athlone Town-Friendly
    By Maz in forum Longford Town
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12/02/2006, 6:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •