Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Dara O'Shea (D Burnley b.1999)

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by youngirish View Post
    Jesus wept. A good game overall after a 3-0 drubbing in which he gave away a penalty for one goal with a reckless challenge (it wasn't unlucky) and was beaten in the air by the fullback for another of the goals?

You're not just watching a different game than Paul. You're watching a different game to the Sky Sports pundits, the associated press and the majority of the West Brom fans themselves, judging from a quick scouring of their message boards.

What would qualify as a bad game? A 6-0 loss and being at fault for 4 or more of the goals? I can see why you think Enda Stevens is so much better than Max Lowe.
    Please refrain from responding to my posts or addressing me. I have no interest in engaging with someone like you.

2. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    He was on a hiding to nothing though. They were lambs to the slaughter in the second half. The team set up behind the ball but out no pressure on it and Leicester got a run on the defence multiple times. Clumsy for the penalty, a tired swipe at the ball. Not much more of note either way. He was certainly no worse than any other WBA player and a couple probably worse than him. I think the Praet cross was a beaut, just begging to be attacked. The goal scorer running onto the ball was going to win that header over a retreating CB all day long, unless the defender had Duffy’s height. Not a good day at the office but hardly a disaster. No way would I say he was “desperately unlucky”. Tough outing but set up to fail too I reckon. I just couldn’t see what WBA’s containment plan was at all.

4. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    Please refrain from responding to my posts or addressing me. I have no interest in engaging with someone like you.
    Stop posting such nonsense and refrain from trying to be smart (but failing to achieve the desired affect) when you disagree with a far more reasonable opinion I may have about a particular player and I'll accept your unconditional surrender and ignore your posts from now on.

Don't cry though. It could be worse. You could be Dara O'Shea sitting in the changing rooms with his teammates after his Premiership debut.
    Last edited by youngirish; 13/09/2020 at 5:20 PM.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Jesus wept. A good game overall after a 3-0 drubbing in which he gave away a penalty for one goal with a reckless challenge (it wasn't unlucky) and was beaten in the air by the fullback for another of the goals?

You're not just watching a different game than Paul. You're watching a different game to the Sky Sports pundits, the associated press and the majority of the West Brom fans themselves, judging from a quick scouring of their message boards.

What would qualify as a bad game? A 6-0 loss and being at fault for 4 or more of the goals? I can see why you think Enda Stevens is so much better than Max Lowe.

Yes i agree with most of this and i also thought at first hes got to attack that and head it out, but looking bcak a couple of times he was going backwards trying to get a drop and then attack it, it was just the perfect flight of a ball. So he cant really be blamed, but ya someone like van dijk is probably going to get a head on that regardless. So 90% gibbs, 10% Oshea.

And no commentator or post match attributed any blame to him, unless you heard something? Was wonder what bilic would have said actually. I'd be a little bit worried about him retaining his place after the result and his own personal performance.

The Del and stutts tag team, you post on this thread, ya go on, ill thanks it. good man. job done. A1 Sir.
    Last edited by paul_oshea; 13/09/2020 at 5:37 PM.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    Take your pills, YI.
    Some of you heads on here are on some major mind bending pills. Maybe I will get some.

Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    Yes i agree with most of this and i also thought at first hes got to attack that and head it out, but looking bcak a couple of times he was going backwards trying to get a drop and then attack it, it was just the perfect flight of a ball. So he cant really be blamed, but ya someone like van dijk is probably going to get a head on that regardless. So 90% gibbs, 10% Oshea.

And no commentator or post match attributed any blame to him, unless you heard something? Was wonder what bilic would have said actually. I'd be a little bit worried about him retaining his place after the result and his own personal performance.
    He and Gibbs got in each other's way. Gibbs was arguably in a better position to attack the ball.

This report lays some blame at his door:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spo...ester-18927596
    Last edited by youngirish; 13/09/2020 at 5:39 PM.

8. Thanks From:

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Some of you heads on here are on some major mind bending pills. Maybe I will get some.
    You are borderline aggressive very early on in an exchange YI. Its noticeable. Is it necessary ?

10. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    He was on a hiding to nothing though. They were lambs to the slaughter in the second half. The team set up behind the ball but out no pressure on it and Leicester got a run on the defence multiple times. Clumsy for the penalty, a tired swipe at the ball. Not much more of note either way. He was certainly no worse than any other WBA player and a couple probably worse than him. I think the Praet cross was a beaut, just begging to be attacked. The goal scorer running onto the ball was going to win that header over a retreating CB all day long, unless the defender had Duffy’s height. Not a good day at the office but hardly a disaster. No way would I say he was “desperately unlucky”. Tough outing but set up to fail too I reckon. I just couldn’t see what WBA’s containment plan was at all.
    Didnt see this when i replied, edited my post slightly. I have this niggling feeling that Oshea could be the one to lose out, even though as you say the whole team and defence were poor!
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    You are borderline aggressive very early on in an exchange YI. Its noticeable. Is it necessary ?
    Depends CraftyToePoke. Some of these guys have tried to be smart and condescending about some of my posts regarding the dismal Finland performance because they collectively just didn't agree with them so they are fair game. I see my role as a defender of free speech. A champion, so to speak, of those posters that go against the collective grain. Groupthink is bad on any forum.

In general I don't try to be aggressive but when all else fails we must be prepared to take up arms to defend our freedoms as I believe that famous Scot Mel Gibson stated in Braveheart.
    Last edited by youngirish; 13/09/2020 at 6:53 PM.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts

He and Gibbs got in each other's way. Gibbs was arguably in a better position to attack the ball.

This report lays some blame at his door:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spo...ester-18927596
    "O’Shea 4
    The Irish international will play wherever you need him to - here, he was on the left of a back three.

Coped well enough first half, Albion became ragged at the back in the second half and he was beaten in the air by Castagne for the goal and then by Vardy prior to the penalty, then conceded the second spot-kick. A tough lesson."

Interesting, that was my first take too, but I am not so sure now. I would like to hear bilics view I feel its probably the same.

A 4, given how irelands players never seem to rate lower than a 6 when they should be at most a 4 seems quite tough but fair and realistic.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Depends CraftyToePoke. Some of these guys have tried to be smart and condescending about some of my posts regarding the dismal Finland performance because they collectively just didn't agree with them so they are fair game. In general I don't try to be.
    I enjoy your posts, i think ive said it on here before, and i understand your frustration with the carebears. But ya maybe try and not let it go to you as much. There are some of us on here with a clearer view.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    "O’Shea 4
    The Irish international will play wherever you need him to - here, he was on the left of a back three.

Coped well enough first half, Albion became ragged at the back in the second half and he was beaten in the air by Castagne for the goal and then by Vardy prior to the penalty, then conceded the second spot-kick. A tough lesson."

Interesting, that was my first take too, but I am not so sure now. I would like to hear bilics view I feel its probably the same.

A 4, given how irelands players never seem to rate lower than a 6 when they should be at most a 4 seems quite tough but fair and realistic.
    I can't see how he is taking blame for that goal. He was picking up Jamie Vardy and it was Gibbs that was beaten.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    O'Shea had a really difficult day, even prior to his penalty concession, but he's completely blameless for the opening goal imo. It's Gibbs' man, Gibbs is the one facing the play, he doesn't do anywhere near enough. O'Shea is marking Vardy in the centre and is backtracking against a player attacking the ball. He hasn't a hope.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts

The Del and stutts tag team, you post on this thread, ya go on, ill thanks it. good man. job done. A1 Sir.
    You can slag me off all you want but all you actually did there was agree with me, replacing (tall) Van Dijk with my (tall) Duffy. Del’s response was to thank my post, yours was an attempt to bond with YI. It looks to me you’re smitten by him. The internet is a dangerous place Paul, be careful.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    You can slag me off all you want but all you actually did there was agree with me, replacing (tall) Van Dijk with my (tall) Duffy. Del’s response was to thank my post, yours was an attempt to bond with YI. It looks to me you’re smitten by him. The internet is a dangerous place Paul, be careful.
    He doesn't thank the majority of my posts though Stutts.

In fairness I've always found your posts very measured though I would argue, whilst O'Shea wasn't helped out by West Brom's setup, I still think he was one of their poorer players. In fairness that's small margins of disagreement. Let's just agree he definitely didn't have a good game by any measure.

To sum up the more suspect views on here we had somebody saying James McCarthy had an assist yesterday when in reality he put a tackle in, the ball bounced out to Townsend (it could have went anywhere), who then proceeded to sprint 60 metres up the pitch before putting an inch perfect cross into Zaha. Zaha then slotted a nice volley into the net. When that's described as an assist you can see that the poster is viewing the game through a very deeply tinted green shade of glasses.

In fairness I would say McCarthy was good yesterday but Hendrick was far, far better.
    Last edited by youngirish; 13/09/2020 at 6:34 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Paul's obviously never watched Catfish.

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    He doesn't thank the majority of my posts though Stutts.

In fairness I've always found your posts very measured though I would argue, whilst O'Shea wasn't helped out by West Brom's setup, I still think he was one of their poorer players. In fairness that's small margins of disagreement. Let's just agree he definitely didn't have a good game by any measure.

To sum up the more suspect views on here we had somebody saying James McCarthy had an assist yesterday when in reality he put a tackle in, the ball bounced out to Townsend (it could have went anywhere), who then proceeded to sprint 60 metres up the pitch before putting an inch perfect cross into Zaha. Zaha then slotted a nice volley into the net. When that's described as an assist you can see that the poster is viewing the game through a very deeply tinted green shade of glasses.

In fairness I would say McCarthy was good yesterday but Hendrick was far, far better.
    As fans we look for positives. We clutch into what we can, for glimpses of hope for the next game in green for any of these players. Yourself and Paul come from a different perspective. It’s balance. It’s fine. Its fine to disagree. None of its worth getting all worked up about. There is an aggressive and mean streak there in your posts that’s not needed.

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Well it certainly wasn't an assist in a 'Fantasy Football' sense, but it was a really crucial contribution to the goal, as his dispossession initiated the counter attack. I wouldn't get too worked up about the wording.

Agree on both counts but I don't think they're vying the same position for us, if that's your thinking.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    Agree on both counts but I don't think they're vying the same position for us, if that's your thinking.
    Not so much. I just think a fit and in form Hendrick will be more important to the team in the play-off next month. We can't afford our midfield to be as static and laboured as the last 2 games or we've no chance against, what looks to be, a very average Slovakian team. An in form Hendrick can occasionally provide that spark that can be the difference between winning or drawing a game.

Hopefully both are doing well and playing regularly for their clubs.

25. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Hah youll note I said on my post after that I did my reply before reading your reply!
    Last edited by paul_oshea; 14/09/2020 at 9:43 AM.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    It’s a positive that he got the start, and I don’t think it was a disaster debut.

But he clearly is a player who needs more experience and I suspect the penalty was a combination of tiredness/lack of focus/lack of awareness.

We are strong in defensive positions right now and he is still very young. You can see the raw ingredients are there though and hopefully within a year or two he’ll provide further competition.

28. Thanks From:

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast