Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: FAI Cup games

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    164 Posts
    Yeah four Block E lads, three from the supporters club committee and three from a family. The club would've put them down as officials for the night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Well...that would add up don't you think? Anywhere between 5-10 away club officials, about 10 home club officials, handful of stewards, ball boys, various media, photographers...

But what are these 'few games' you're on about?
    Cork, Shels, Derry etc.. all looked like Officials in Harps gear 😗 no hi vis or anything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCSIL View Post
    Cork, Shels, Derry etc.. all looked like Officials in Harps gear  no hi vis or anything
    Cork and Shelbourne games had 100 season ticket holders at the game, as allowed at the time per guidelines.

Derry was extremely tight and had nothing of the sort at it.

But if you continue to pick games out of your hole, then fire away.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    My mistake so. I thought all those people in the Jodi, Des Kelly and Connaught Street stands with the high viz jackets were stewards or security. Must have just been some builders who wandered in from a nearby site. Fair play to them though for neutrals they really got into it and created an atmosphere
    That's bad form from bohs alright. Imagine someone watching on tv idea coming up with some idiotic conspiracy theory, demanding answers from Bohs ans refusing to accept any explanations. What is the world coming to. In future maybe clubs should submit a list of all individuals they have allowed into the ground and the reason they are there to be shown before or after the tv credits at the end of the program. Hopefully that would stop conspiracy nuts like yourself and their idiotic theories.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Not that Bohs should have to explain themselves to anyone, but for the other conspiracy nutters the people in high vis jackets were RTE staff, a handful of family members of two members who passed, a few club volunteers acting as stewards and also dundalk officials.

Maybe in future Bohs should ask opposition teams/officals and also any RTE staff in attendance to wear clear markings on their high vis jackets to identify themselves so as not to confuse the tv viewers who care about and/or count things like that.

Lesson learned for 2021 if crowd limitations are still in place

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Bohs and every other club should absolutely have to explain why everyone is at a game! If people in attendance can be justified then ok, but even then if numbers pose a risk things need to be scaled back. It's not unreasonable to have people easily identified either - the simple reason for this is that currently perception is everything. If the public get the impression that lockdown regulations are being stretched at elite levels of sport, among other things, then the wider efforts drop off. The perception here is that there seemed to be a lot more 'stewards' dotted around the ground than would be needed for a bcd match. Specific to Friday night it was said 'if' rules are being bent or broken then there should be consequences whatever that might be. By all means defend a club but question should be asked also if things look out of order.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    The second peno was a handball, it was harsh, ball to hand from two yards away, but it hit his hand.

The other two were horrendous decisions. The third in particular was easily one of the worst dives I have ever seen in Finn Park. When the ref blew the whistle I was convinced he was going to give a free out and a booking for a dive. I understand the WatchLOI camera looks poor, but trust me, I was standing 20 yards away under the shed, it was a brutal dive.

The first was another atrocious decision, the player just threw himself to the ground. Again, I've watched that back on WatchLOI, and the camera barely caught it, I've no idea how you can suggest it was stonewall. It was shocking again.

Harps were denied stonewall penalties twice in the second half too. Suppose they're only given one half of the pitch.

Robbed by an inept referee tonight and nothing else.
    Nigel While it's no consolation, I agree, Burkes peno was a dive and he should have been booked, I hate to see ****ers do this, only peno for me in the game was second one, hand ball fair enough, I agree I think yiz were robbed, no good now, but at least I'll acknowledge that the best team lost
    Last edited by vinnie; 25/11/2020 at 12:26 AM.

9. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnie View Post
    Nigel While it's no consolation, I agree, Burkes peno was a dive and he should have been booked, I hate to see ****ers do this, only peno for me in the game was second one, hand ball fair enough, I agree I think yiz were robbed, no good now, but at least I'll acknowledge that the best team lost
    And all that after we won the league for you
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

11. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Bohs and every other club should absolutely have to explain why everyone is at a game! If people in attendance can be justified then ok, but even then if numbers pose a risk things need to be scaled back. It's not unreasonable to have people easily identified either - the simple reason for this is that currently perception is everything. If the public get the impression that lockdown regulations are being stretched at elite levels of sport, among other things, then the wider efforts drop off. The perception here is that there seemed to be a lot more 'stewards' dotted around the ground than would be needed for a bcd match. Specific to Friday night it was said 'if' rules are being bent or broken then there should be consequences whatever that might be. By all means defend a club but question should be asked also if things look out of order.
    If the relevant authorities request info then yes there is a list of attendees for them. However anonymous posters posting random idiotic thoughts on crowd counting based on random images on their tv does not fall under this heading, so they get the less official response. The internet/twitter is full of conspiracy nuts who question everything and frankly their perception of events can be different to everyone else and indeed reality in most cases

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Bohs and every other club should absolutely have to explain why everyone is at a game! If people in attendance can be justified then ok, but even then if numbers pose a risk things need to be scaled back. It's not unreasonable to have people easily identified either - the simple reason for this is that currently perception is everything. If the public get the impression that lockdown regulations are being stretched at elite levels of sport, among other things, then the wider efforts drop off.
    Seeing several men crowded together behind a fence, live on TV, another example. and in a High Risk area of Ireland too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    The LOI have done a great job with Covid 19 restrictions compared to the GAA or some other sports, even the league celebrations for Rovers / Drogs/ Longford were kept Sane.
    A few extra stewards and a few lads outside a fence isnt a big deal one way or another shouldn't distract from the phenomenal work done by the clubs.

15. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    Some absolutely woeful penalties in that shootout!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Some hilarious penalties from Derry there ,well done Sligo!!
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Jesus thats the worst peno shootout since Rovers v Sligo one in the cup final in 2010

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnie View Post
    Jesus thats the worst peno shootout since Rovers v Sligo one in the cup final in 2010

And Ciaran Kelly saved most of those!

Hopefully some of those penalty takers won't be back next year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    The penalties were on a par with the rest of the game. We’ll be trounced on Sunday.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,195 Posts
    But basically it's either Athlone or Sligo in Europe next season, so Sligo probably feeling pretty confident there?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Yeah definitely

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCSIL View Post
    And Ciaran Kelly saved most of those!

Hopefully some of those penalty takers won't be back next year.
    Assume you don't want McCormack or Figueira to leave? Meite looked decent in a couple of early games but seems to have been relegated to the bench for most of the rest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    On the whole 'essential stewards', at a quick count there were 20-30 people in hi-viz vests in the Jodi Stand not including players. From the occasional view of the Connaught St side there were 7=10 dotted about. A number behind the Des Kelly goal and also on the shopping centre terrace. The Jodi Stand, while people were spaced out was damn busy. Arguably thats how things could be done but under L5 restrictions there were too many people there, especially if there was some acting the maggot stuff to get unnecessary people in to see the game. Daft under the circumstances! and we wonder why L5 efforts have plateaued possibly meaning an extension of the L5 period if the likes of this has been happening...
    I'd have a serious problem with it if it was a way around lockdown regulations. Regulations that exist to try and get us back to normality and have a fully functional society asap. If this is true, Bohs should have to justify the numbers in attendance hi-viz bibs or not, if that cant be done then suffer the consequences! Balls to that reckless ****e!!
    If or what is that I have said above that you find objectionable? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts! Do you think it is important for people to be concerned about the adherence to covid-19 restrictions? Is it important for the LoI community to be seen as leading the way for how things should be done. Do you think that perception is relevant? An over reaction, errors, misperception are not going to be dealt with by defensiveness or shouting accusations about conspiracy theory. Rivalries have a time and place and this definately isnt the time, equally if rival supporters falsely accuse anyone of a breach of regulations for the pure mischief. I dont know if Bohs were having training sessions in breach of lockdown 1, if training was happening at that time, not only would it show a complete disregard for the welfare of players and family but of the winder community and also for the League of Ireland for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by wexfordned View Post
    If the relevant authorities request info then yes there is a list of attendees for them. However anonymous posters posting random idiotic thoughts on crowd counting based on random images on their tv does not fall under this heading, so they get the less official response. The internet/twitter is full of conspiracy nuts who question everything and frankly their perception of events can be different to everyone else and indeed reality in most cases
    Nobody here has suggested that anonymous posters should get details on who was at the game and why but there is nothing idiotic about flagging a concern that arrangements at a game looked risky. I dont know how you can call a live broadcast 'random images'. Can we use that defence if something is caught on camera or cctv...bunch of random images, what ever you see and think as a result is idiotic. If RTE filmed fans rioting, (or 50 odd kids drinking with no social distancing) its not appropriate to have an opinion, discuss the issue, be concerned, ask questions, even worry about what footage is showing. I havent suggested that Bohs are culpable on anything,, I have said that to me the Jodi Stand was too busy for comfort under L5 conditions, I also said that it is the way to go to get people back at games (just not at L5). There was a comment on 100 stewards in the Jodi Stand, above that was challanged by using these random images to make a reasonable estimate at closer to 40 people in Hi-Viz bibs - no claim on who they were or what they were doing. I will say that if you really believe that there have not been people accomodated and let in to games across the league inappropriately then you dont know LoI, or you are naive. Be careful what you wish for as scrutiny of those lists of people might turn up a few questions - isnt the Garda Superintendent a GAA man who isnt particularly helpful to Bohs in normal times?

Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    The LOI have done a great job with Covid 19 restrictions compared to the GAA or some other sports, even the league celebrations for Rovers / Drogs/ Longford were kept Sane.
    A few extra stewards and a few lads outside a fence isnt a big deal one way or another shouldn't distract from the phenomenal work done by the clubs.
    Compared to other sports especially GAA, LoI has been miles ahead and should be lauded for that. Those few extra stewards and lads outside a fence could change that quickly if cluster develop. Its was yerself sbgawa that expressed concern over the livlihoods of people due to restrictions yet you are endorsing slack behaviour that can and has resulted in restrictions that have had to be ramped up because people did the 'no big deal' stuff. It only takes a few weak links, 5-10 people, one c19+ and in a couple of weeks that could be 40 people on the basis of a family of 4 not including extended contacts. How about the risk of cross infecting areas where players also pass through -all the hard work undone. I for one really wish that this was taken a whole lot more seriously and for purely selfish reasons, I dont want to be put at risk at any time, but really id like to have a beer at Christmas with my pals. I want the league to resume with crowds in the spring. What is going to happen (we have seen the effect of L5 lockdown stalling and cases have stopped falling), Govt are going to go against NPHET preferences again and not extend the current Lockdown to mid December. Case numbers will mushroom in the lead up to Christmas but possibly not at a rate we cant manage as a health service. By New Year we will be back in lockdown but the numbers will eclipse both other peaks that kicked us in to lockdown. This time sport will be suspended or delayed and schools will close though presented as extended holidays. Everyone is sick of this sh!t, if you pardon the pun, and it could be avoided but not with the very Irish attitude of 'sure it's grand', 'sure what harm' bull**** or no big deal - it is a big deal. And Ned vigilance is not criticism, even if it turns out to be a non issue. I can asssure you if it was Dundalk FC at Oriel with similar observations by others or myself I would be saying the exact same!!! People need to double down not stamp their feet in a tantrum because of criticism of their club IF rules were stretched.

Anyway yeah was there football on tonight??.....apologies for the rant to all including those quoted but 2020 has been ****e and there are week of it yet to run
    Last edited by Nesta99; 26/11/2020 at 3:13 AM.

Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast