Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: FAI Cup games

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Great news for Rovers. He's dundaks most influential player. Still, they can always rely on hoban ,for his motivational attitude.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Rovers have one hand on the cup now.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Great news for Rovers. He's dundaks most influential player. Still, they can always rely on hoban ,for his motivational attitude.
    The Hoban who opposition teams think is the best in the league. We will be fine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seand View Post
    Looks like it was badly managed by Dundalk. I think he picked up his 7th in the 94th minute of the 1-0 win over Derry on Oct 4.... but then again are you gonna mothball him for an entire month? It's a long time not to play. And that assumes Dundalk were aware of the schedule of when a potential suspension would kick in. Assuming Shields is out it's a massive blow as there's no natural replacement. He's our least replaceable player.
    If he got his 8th v Bohs he'd have missed Pat's last Friday. If he got his 8th v Pat's it wouldn't kick in until next Monday. They could have played him anywhere except Cork, it was the only game that would have ruled him out for final for his 8th yellow. He was rested for Bohs the week before Cork so did the club miscalculate? Huge loss.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lilywhites View Post
    If he got his 8th v Bohs he'd have missed Pat's last Friday. If he got his 8th v Pat's it wouldn't kick in until next Monday. They could have played him anywhere except Cork, it was the only game that would have ruled him out for final for his 8th yellow. He was rested for Bohs the week before Cork so did the club miscalculate? Huge loss.
    If he hadnt of played V Cork and was booked V Pats. He still be suspended

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    I've always thought other than maybe a sending off for violent conduct no one should miss a final they have qualified for.
    Roy Keane in 1999 sticks out for me.
    Don't understand why the various FA's stick with this rule (while changing stuff that doesnt need changing) i cant imagine anyone thinks its fair

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seand View Post
    Looks like it was badly managed by Dundalk. I think he picked up his 7th in the 94th minute of the 1-0 win over Derry on Oct 4.... but then again are you gonna mothball him for an entire month? It's a long time not to play. And that assumes Dundalk were aware of the schedule of when a potential suspension would kick in. Assuming Shields is out it's a massive blow as there's no natural replacement. He's our least replaceable player.
    What's the timing of a suspension being served? If there were a number of games played this month he should have kicked someone, gotten his 8th yellow and served the suspension v Pats for example. Unless the suspension list is done up monthly.

Big loss but I hope it doesnt mean Hoare is played in midfield. That seriously weakens our attacking game. I'd rather have an all out attacking midfield - maybe Flores and Murray will have a big role to play. Murray certainly has the engine to get about in a defensive holding role. FFS though all season we havent had a full deck to pick from!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Hatrick for Hoban now!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    What's the timing of a suspension being served? If there were a number of games played this month he should have kicked someone, gotten his 8th yellow and served the suspension v Pats for example. Unless the suspension list is done up monthly.

Big loss but I hope it doesnt mean Hoare is played in midfield. That seriously weakens our attacking game. I'd rather have an all out attacking midfield - maybe Flores and Murray will have a big role to play. Murray certainly has the engine to get about in a defensive holding role. FFS though all season we havent had a full deck to pick from!
    I think they have meeting every tuesday where they sort all this stuff out and the suspensions kick in on the next Monday, unless its a red card which is an automatic next game suspension.

Had a look on flashscore there, he picked up 7 yellows in the league, the other one is from the presidents cup.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Looks like he got 3 of his 8 yellows against us this year. I'm taking some small piece of enjoyment out of that. Though I'm fairly confident there is no cup final this year, it was cancelled after just one round I believe. Not sure what you are all getting so worked up about.

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    I think they have meeting every tuesday where they sort all this stuff out and the suspensions kick in on the next Monday, unless its a red card which is an automatic next game suspension.

Had a look on flashscore there, he picked up 7 yellows in the league, the other one is from the presidents cup.
    Now that is a sh!it show. There isnt a process to appeal iirc either. Awful for the player and Dundalk. Significant advantage for Rovers now who just on Shields out of the game are deifintely favourites. No common sense in the rules considering that for the showpiece game of the season you want the 2 strongest sides available. Considering the role that Shields plays 7 cards in the season isnt that bad bu to add a card from a preseason game is ridiculous. There should be an amnesty at the halfway point or if a player goes x amount of games without picking up a card unless there are red cards involved. Anyway its advantage Rovers now with us having the key midfielder out and a goal shy hatstand up top!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Hatrick for Hoban now!
    Hatstand for Rovers next year!
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    He'd then be instantly the best hatstand in the league!! Hasnt been capped though so does he meet the Rovers minimum requirement?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Rovers have one hand on the cup now.
    To go with the League they won in June 😀

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    I've always thought other than maybe a sending off for violent conduct no one should miss a final they have qualified for.
    Roy Keane in 1999 sticks out for me.
    Don't understand why the various FA's stick with this rule (while changing stuff that doesnt need changing) i cant imagine anyone thinks its fair
    I believe their is a cup final amnesty for accumulating 5 yellows but that doesn’t apply to the second (8) yellows ban.
    Shame, as no player should miss a big game over that. Still trying to grasp the logic of Mandroui missing Pats game because he was called up for Ireland U21s the week before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    Looks like he got 3 of his 8 yellows against us this year. I'm taking some small piece of enjoyment out of that. Though I'm fairly confident there is no cup final this year, it was cancelled after just one round I believe. Not sure what you are all getting so worked up about.
    Karma can be a bitch
    I'm surprised that he's only got eight yellow cards this season.
    Having said that the final will be a poorer game without him.
    A rather amateurish mistake for Dundalk to make considering they had the league won months ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by disgruntled View Post
    Karma can be a bitch
    I'm surprised that he's only got eight yellow cards this season.
    Having said that the final will be a poorer game without him.
    A rather amateurish mistake for Dundalk to make considering they had the league won months ago.
    It can indeed, sure look at what it's done to your club as punishment for years of putrid hoofball

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Hate to see any player miss a final over an accumulation of yellows, but I do find it amusing to see Shields suffer the consequences of a foul he's been getting away with for years. I remember being pleasantly surprised that he was booked at the time, as it was the sort of cynical foul aimed at breaking up the opposition attack that I've seen him get away with time after time.

Dundalk only have themselves to blame for putting him in that position in the first place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    What makes it all weird is that Shields got his fifth yellow in June v Rovers and played 4 league games and 1 League Cup game before serving his 5 yellows suspension 8 weeks after the 5th yellow, by which time he'd picked up a 6th. Or so it seems to me. Don't quote me.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    It seems that there is more to this than meets the eye. The Presidents Cup yellow card and whether it was retrospectively added to the booking count after his first suspension will undoubtedly feature in Vinny's post match interviews - it will probably sound more measured if he is holding the FAI Cup at the same time.

"I don’t think today is the right day to discuss that, or before the cup final," Perth told RTÉ Sport’s Tony O’Donoghue.
    "I’ll openly discuss it with anyone after the cup final. There is a difference of opinion on what Chris’ exact, let’s say, suspension is so we’ll move on from it.
    https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2019...e-replaceable/

Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast