Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: FAI Cup games

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Semi finals are penciled in for the weekend ending the 29th I think, Bohs are going to be hard pressed to find a date before then, the Monday the 15th will probably be it, can't see Crumlin being happy about playing on a Monday night though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seand View Post
    Are Bohs really likely to move the Crumlin game with two players missing? And how does this all fit with the Scottish Challenge Cup thingy, which is due to be played that weekend too?
    Postpone CRUMLIN match (due to U21 game ) and we are free to play in Scotland. Sorted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    Lots of confusion about the FAI Cup and Wafer Cup. Have the FAI really given priority to the lower leagues cup of another association over their own main cup competition?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seand View Post
    Lots of confusion about the FAI Cup and Wafer Cup. Have the FAI really given priority to the lower leagues cup of another association over their own main cup competition?
    Once again, Bohs have two players in the U21 squad so our game V Crumlin can be called off irrespective of the Scottish thing. I am pretty sure we will play in Scotland without the two players on International duty so that can go ahead as well on the announced date.

No idea RE Waterford game, but the FAI 'pushed' clubs to enter the Scottish competition so may seek to facilitate it, especially after last years debacle and given Dundalk have been facilitated left, right and centre over fixtures the FAI may expect them to work with it.

But it is the FAI, so who knows for certain ?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Once again, Bohs have two players in the U21 squad so our game V Crumlin can be called off irrespective of the Scottish thing. I am pretty sure we will play in Scotland without the two players on International duty so that can go ahead as well on the announced date.

No idea RE Waterford game, but the FAI 'pushed' clubs to enter the Scottish competition so may seek to facilitate it, especially after last years debacle and given Dundalk have been facilitated left, right and centre over fixtures the FAI may expect them to work with it.

Talk that FAI tryna force Galway to play Saturday V Rovers, to increase crowd at U-21 game Friday.

You couldnt make it up if you tried

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    Talk that FAI tryna force Galway to play Saturday V Rovers, to increase crowd at U-21 game Friday.

You couldnt make it up if you tried
    Saturday v Rovers
    Saturday win all day long,much stronger side than Friday and Rovers!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts

I understand the u21 rule, I'd have thought it was in Bohs' interests to play as scheduled, even down two players, but that's a matter of opinion of course. Maybe they'll do like they did against Dundalk and decline to play when down two players and instead change 7/8 players for a midweek game.
    The Waterford situation is completely bananas. Obviously Dundalk have been well looked after in terms of Euro games, but there's a smidgeon of a difference between the Champions League/Europa League and a game against Motherwell U21s.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Have to say I'm loving the righteousness of the self-appointed custodians of the integrity of the FAI Cup.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    FAICup Quarter-Final Schedule
    06/09 - Galway United v Shamrock Rovers, 7.45pm
    07/09 - Sligo rovers v UCD, 7.45pm
    09/09 - Waterford FC v Dundalk, 7.45pm
    16/09 - Crumlin united v bohs, TBC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidefx View Post
    Have to say I'm loving the righteousness of the self-appointed custodians of the integrity of the FAI Cup.
    There were plenty of calls to respect the League Cup (our own one) also and to have it played in a fitting ground. This is a situation in the main of the FAI's doing. But Bohs would be getting a fixture cancelled as is their right with call-ups only to play a fixture, have I got that right? I can see why the FAI would not want to lose face after last year with agreeing to be in the Scottish competition in the first place but i'd have thought that Bohs wouldnt care that much when they are most likely to progress in the FAI Cup, and have the possible shot at an actual cup 'final' v Rovers in subsequent round. If Bohs get to pull a cup game to play a cup game from another country and beat Crumlin in the refixture there then they are flipping looking annointed for this years cup! It would also technically be Bohs being well facilitated by the FAI if they can play a game the night of or weekend of evoking rules to cancel a game. Just play the U19s v Crumlin - they were damn good v Dundalk...
    Last edited by Nesta99; 29/08/2019 at 1:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidefx View Post
    I'm loving you taking one persons opinion and twisting it around to suit your own wee agenda.
    I s'pose it's the only sighting of "europe" yous will see for a LONG while so take it while its hot chips

SeanD is right of course but with the FAI currently firefighting several different blazes atm it open season for any club to walk then in to the ground.
    ****ing Airdrie - sellouts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    There were plenty of calls to respect the League Cup (our own one) also and to have it played in a fitting ground. This is a situation in the main of the FAI's doing. But Bohs would be getting a fixture cancelled as is their right with call-ups only to play a fixture, have I got that right? I can see why the FAI would not want to lose face after last year with agreeing to be in the Scottish competition in the first place but i'd have thought that Bohs wouldnt care that much when they are most likely to progress in the FAI Cup, and have the possible shot at an actual cup 'final' v Rovers in subsequent round. If Bohs get to pull a cup game to play a cup game from another country and beat Crumlin in the refixture there then they are flipping looking annointed for this years cup! It would also technically be Bohs being well facilitated by the FAI if they can play a game the night of or weekend of evoking rules to cancel a game. Just play the U19s v Crumlin - they were damn good v Dundalk...
    Fixtures announced were by the FAI not Bohs so we are not picking or choosing anything.The FAI requested clubs enter the Scottish competition (no reason why, but probably some politics involved somewhere) and may feel under some obligation to facilitate it and as such are moving around fixtures. If Waterford and Dundalk both want to go ahead that weekend couldn't Waterford play an U19s team in SLC game ?

Imagine how much worse it would be if they scheduled the FAI Cup game that weekend forced Bohs to reschedule the SLC tie only to have Bohs then seek a postponement due to U21 game (as they are entitled to)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Fixtures announced were by the FAI not Bohs so we are not picking or choosing anything.The FAI requested clubs enter the Scottish competition (no reason why, but probably some politics involved somewhere) and may feel under some obligation to facilitate it and as such are moving around fixtures. If Waterford and Dundalk both want to go ahead that weekend couldn't Waterford play an U19s team in SLC game ?

Imagine how much worse it would be if they scheduled the FAI Cup game that weekend forced Bohs to reschedule the SLC tie only to have Bohs then seek a postponement due to U21 game (as they are entitled to)
    So generally you agree with me!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    just confirming (for once ) you got something right. It will probably come as a shock to most on here. what seldom happens !

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    And the Dundalk defence mechanism kicks in yet again.

Your "points", I'll use quotations because it's a very generous term for what you're saying, are getting more and more ridiculous by the post.

P.S. We do know the long play on this because it's not the first time he has "owned" 50% of the club. Again go educate yourself before you make even more of a fool of yourself.
    Last edited by RathfarnhamHoop; 30/08/2019 at 1:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Any word on the venue for Crumlin v Bohs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    When's the semi final draw?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Any word on the venue for Crumlin v Bohs.
    To be confirmed this week. Still most likely to be Richmond I believe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    Lads - seriously - moderation is a pain - please keep it civil and on topic. Thanks.
    Last edited by Real ale Madrid; 09/09/2019 at 7:30 PM.

20. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Anyone know why RTE decided to put their camera in the main stand instead of in the perfectly good TV gantry? Makes it feel very amateur and not like its the quarter finals of the country's premier Cup competition. Your one still at her fake live commentary too I see, sounds like she's holding a smoke in her mouth too, dreadful stuff.
    Last edited by RathfarnhamHoop; 09/09/2019 at 9:21 PM.

Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast