Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: FAI Cup games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcsil View Post
    seeing several men crowded together behind a fence, live on tv, another example. And in a high risk area of ireland too.
    Conspiracy!!!

2. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Nesta you've written more words there than are in the Covid regulations

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    I can do epics indeed but in this case i dont care, its off the chest now and covid regulations at thish stage would fill the TCD library!! Maybe its my way of hitting back at having to actually know any of the damn regulations!! 5th revision of relevant protocols landed on us this week ffs!!!

6. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Bohs and every other club should absolutely have to explain why everyone is at a game! If people in attendance can be justified then ok, but even then if numbers pose a risk things need to be scaled back. It's not unreasonable to have people easily identified either - the simple reason for this is that currently perception is everything. If the public get the impression that lockdown regulations are being stretched at elite levels of sport, among other things, then the wider efforts drop off. The perception here is that there seemed to be a lot more 'stewards' dotted around the ground than would be needed for a bcd match. Specific to Friday night it was said 'if' rules are being bent or broken then there should be consequences whatever that might be. By all means defend a club but question should be asked also if things look out of order.
    I think they'd have more to worry about if they get caught opening the bar to their chosen few a couple of nights a week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance kid View Post
    I think they'd have more to worry about if they get caught opening the bar to their chosen few a couple of nights a week.
    ​Conspiracy!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    You would think that with the size of the Aviva they might be able to allow a few fans from both sides in to the final. Maybe 500/1000 each ? Don’t suppose it’s likely though.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    You would think that with the size of the Aviva they might be able to allow a few fans from both sides in to the final. Maybe 500/1000 each ? Don’t suppose it’s likely though.
    Yeah and there were these random images of 3 or so people weaking hi-viz bibs in an entire stand! Even FG had the run of the entire stadium bar the dugouts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts

Compared to other sports especially GAA, LoI has been miles ahead and should be lauded for that. Those few extra stewards and lads outside a fence could change that quickly if cluster develop. Its was yerself sbgawa that expressed concern over the livlihoods of people due to restrictions yet you are endorsing slack behaviour that can and has resulted in restrictions that have had to be ramped up because people did the 'no big deal' stuff.
    I suppose context is everything Nesta , my feeling was that when you look at the carry on in the GAA , mass celebrations etc and some of the other stuff going on house parties etc i was saying that some extra stewards in an outside setting is something i wouldn't get to excited about in the context of how well the clubs have dealt with covid despite not really having the resources.
    Accept your point that its a slippery slope and that's hard to argue with.
    Lord make me virtuos ....but not yet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    In context of a comparison yeah it would be harsh to say fine 4 or 5 people when hundreds congregated for the Cork club championship, marching to their ground, in such numbers that it would be harder to identify. I will admit that the body armour was wearing thin when I was ranting the other night - not that the vast majority of what I said I meant. I just feel there is duty of care for each and every individual to eachother. Some have abdicated that responsibility and there shouldnt be any pardon without legitimate reason. I would include people not using common sense - if somehwere like a shopping centre, football match, tesco, are within regulations but are still risky, then stay away and flag the risk. It's an attitude that is not apologist and what is needed. We only have to look North to see how the soft, placating policy, people at games eg, in and out of lockdown, places opening and now closing again - and the numbers are out of control 3 or 4 weeks out from the Christmas superspreader season. We dont have to look far to see what we'd be in for if people start winging it!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    In context of a comparison yeah it would be harsh to say fine 4 or 5 people when hundreds congregated for the Cork club championship, marching to their ground, in such numbers that it would be harder to identify. I will admit that the body armour was wearing thin when I was ranting the other night - not that the vast majority of what I said I meant. I just feel there is duty of care for each and every individual to eachother. Some have abdicated that responsibility and there shouldnt be any pardon without legitimate reason. I would include people not using common sense - if somehwere like a shopping centre, football match, tesco, are within regulations but are still risky, then stay away and flag the risk. It's an attitude that is not apologist and what is needed. We only have to look North to see how the soft, placating policy, people at games eg, in and out of lockdown, places opening and now closing again - and the numbers are out of control 3 or 4 weeks out from the Christmas superspreader season. We dont have to look far to see what we'd be in for if people start winging it!!!

I was listening to one of the LOi podcasts last week and it seemed awful strange when Pat Fenlon was comenting that they are allowed 600 at Linfield matches, its like its a different country or planet up there....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    600 people seems small in a 20k modern stadium, yet it has been identified as a risk that wasnt worth it. Proportionately it'd be interesting to see the numbers to capacity ratio for Dalymount and other grounds and the indication is that this ratio needs to drop based on the experiences elsewhere. The main risks ate the chokepoints eg toilets, railings at steps entering/exiting a stand. If 100 people used the railing....would it be disinfected every 10 minutes as per protocols in shops1?

different country or planet - at times it feels like both and I am 8km away....no smart comments on Dundalk!!

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    I was listening to one of the LOi podcasts last week and it seemed awful strange when Pat Fenlon was comenting that they are allowed 600 at Linfield matches, its like its a different country or planet up there....
    Not only that but see in England next week max of 2k fans will be allowed into grounds depending on what part of country were COVID is rampant. Very strange decision making imo.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    When’s the last time one of the cup semi finals wasn’t broadcast on RTÉ? Excluding replays which they never show.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    When’s the last time one of the cup semi finals wasn’t broadcast on RTÉ? Excluding replays which they never show.
    Its on RTE tmw seen it in sun today they are showing game in Lissywoolen!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    They usually show both

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    They usually show both
    Sligo not much of a draw these days

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    sligo got blown away just before halftime last time in tallaght but up to that point they had given us more of a game them most teams this season.
    We should win tommorow with our best 11 out but as harps showed, its the cup anything is possible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Can’t see anything other then a comfortable Shams win

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Can’t see anything other then a comfortable Shams win
    It'll be closer than the league game, which I think was flattering on us. We were 2-0 down at half time against Harps and we will have to play better than that against a better side.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Gonna be more difficult for Rovers today as both Greene & O'Neill are absent through Injury. I'd expect to see Dean Williams up front and maybe see Bolger in midfield. Also no Bradley on the sidelines. I'd take a scratchy 1 nil win now.

Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast