Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: FAI Cup games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    909 Posts
    We can expect in the coming days 'debate' on the levels of support brought to the final - it wont be important imo as if we can say 40k were at the final well then it is good all round. I was told yesterday that all Corporate Boxes have been taken up - that's as good a sign as any in the general interest in this game if accurate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    671 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    You can't seriously think that I care about 'your club'.

But I do get a kick out of the delusional attitude and arrogance of many of those attached to Rovers.

Winning a treble by capturing the cup tomorrow would be wonderful. It would simply be a small added bonus to have the chance to do so against the under-achieving pretenders
    Poor response I was expecting a decent analysis of the rovers team from the 60s I'm s bit sketchy there tbh.
    I doubt anyone on here doubts your interest in rovers . Keep it up, very entertaining as you say u don't care but research and trawl the internet for articles with an unrivalled dedication.
    Has it ever occurred to you that you start almost every rovers conversation.

Best of luck to the 99% of decent dundalk fans tomorrow for a good day out.
    We all have our muppets

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts
    Best of luck me bolli*!!
    I hope that diesel smuggling band of mercenaries bus breaks down, their entire squad comes down with dysentry and the dundalk fanbase get attacked by psychotic swans migrating up the Liffey!
    And Rovers hammer them so much the yanks pull the plug on their castles made of sand misguided enterprise.
    Good luck Indeed!

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    909 Posts
    Obsessed!

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Poor response I was expecting a decent analysis of the rovers team from the 60s I'm s bit sketchy there tbh.
    I can't help you much about the 1960's as I only starting watching League of Ireland from the early 1970's

I'm obviously hoping that Dundalk complete a treble tomorrow and lift their 26th major trophy in that era (currently 11 league titles, 7 FAI Cups and 7 League Cups)

By contrast Rovers are stuck back on 13 major trophies in that near 50 year period (7 league titles, 4 FAI Cups and 2 League Cups).

You'll have to delve into sepia tinted history books (or surf the net) to fill in your sketchy gaps on the 1960's or earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Best of luck to the 99% of decent dundalk fans tomorrow for a good day out.
    We all have our muppets
    In contrast I wish the best of luck to 100% of decent Rovers fans tomorrow. The muppets can make their own luck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    909 Posts
    Hearing this morning that a lot of the premium level tickets were allocated to Junior clubsm uptake was poor ie about 30% but the request to return any unused tickets for resale didnt happen. So premium area will either be very empty or there will be tickets available to purchase later today for those that roll up. Annoying as with 2 young kids and an OAP with me the option of a warm premium section was my preference if the weather isnt great...and could get a beer in. Clubs that didnt return tickets should be charged for them!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ticketmaster is saying there are no tickets available, I’ve gone to the last five or six finals and I’ve never seen it half full. This is hardly a sell out even with Rovers in it.

I’ve friends who have tickets for the upper east stand, is there a chance to get a ticket in town somewhere for there?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    909 Posts
    There will be tickets on sale at the ground but little choice of where and could be patchy if a large group. Im gonna guess at this point at 38k.

Any suggestions on parking? With kids in tow I dont fancy hanging about until the 9.30pm train as the 7pm is a bit early to get to especially if there is extra time. Silly that there doesnt seem to be a train in between unless im missing something.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 03/11/2019 at 7:38 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    671 Posts
    FFS I was looking for a premium ticket for someone else from the club and was told we had sold ou tf our allocation and the fai couldn't give us any more.
    Now we know why , sitting in junior clubs .......when Delaney was around we said he didn't care , turns out it was just incompetence.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty View Post
    Ticketmaster is saying there are no tickets available, I’ve gone to the last five or six finals and I’ve never seen it half full. This is hardly a sell out even with Rovers in it.

I’ve friends who have tickets for the upper east stand, is there a chance to get a ticket in town somewhere for there?
    FAI Website says at at the end of Northumberland Road - presumably this means the junction at Landsdowne Road

Premium Level tickets have now sold out with a small number of tickets in the lower tier set to be available online at 11am on Saturday, November 2. The lower tier tickets will be available in both the north and south stand, online from fai.ie/tickets.
    FAI Season Ticket Holders can still avail of their free ticket in the upper tier of the stadium by following the link in the e-mail communication from the ticketing department.

Match-day sales will be available from the Ticketmaster van which will be situated at the end of Northumberland Road with tickets priced at €15 for adults and €5 for concessions.

Match-day collections will be available from Lansdowne Football Club.
    https://www.fai.ie/domestic/news/tic...till-available

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts
    Is there a feeling that the 36,101 attendance record will be broken? Realistically I think there will be around 28-30,000 but would be nice to see more than that there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    909 Posts
    It's certainly hoped that the 36k will be broken. There was a notibly bigger crowd last year which contributed to a great atmosphere and it was near 30k. The additional interest this season I hope at minimum the 30k mark is broken. I'd be positive so far that 36k could be bettered but ye never know with the way ticketmaster and the FAI allocate tickets - no more tickets doesnt always mean sold out. Also 'sold out' v given away eg with premium tickets this season I see as very different even if it ends up a full house.

14. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts
    Any links to online streams for this? Anyone ?

16. Thanks From:

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    542 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    There will be tickets on sale at the ground but little choice of where and could be patchy if a large group. Im gonna guess at this point at 38k.

Any suggestions on parking? With kids in tow I dont fancy hanging about until the 9.30pm train as the 7pm is a bit early to get to especially if there is extra time. Silly that there doesnt seem to be a train in between unless im missing something.
    Nesta for any matches in the Aviva I was at we would have parked at Connolly Station Car Park and got the Dart across. Hope that suits ye!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    Any links to online streams for this? Anyone ?
    I too could do with that DM
    MD

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,352 Posts
    Skorlive?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Rovers destroying them, pressing up on Dundalk., should be ahead. ,will regret not taking their two chances.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,352 Posts
    Don't think anyone's destroying anyone tbh. Poor enough do far, with Rovers the better of the two alright

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,010 Posts
    Reasonable game so far. Rovers really pushing up and causing Dundalk problems, but the Greene ball and attempted backheel was the only real chance so far. EDIT: and Greene's shot across the box after a lovely ball over the top from Byrne.

Rovers better in midfield for the first 30 minutes, Hoare giving it away a lot, but they settled a bit more as the half went on.

Cleary should have done better at the back post right on halftime.
    Last edited by osarusan; 03/11/2019 at 3:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Rovers on top. VP will have to make changes in midfield.

Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast