Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: FAI Cup games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Were you dropped on your head as a child?
    Nope, your village know it’s idiot has escaped again ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Rovers want the same respect shown to their players and staff in dalymount as your players and staff get in Tallaght were they are given seats the same as every other club.
    It's called common courtesy.
    We will continue to show respect to your players and staff who routinely sit with rovers fans in Tallaght.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    Its normal for unavailable players to sit in the main stands at away grounds, why do bohs ones go to the main stand in tallaght?. This is the FAI's game so the club wern't going to accept them having to go the condemned stand behind the dugouts like they usually do.

They wont be among 3000 bohs fans, they'll in block A by themselves
    Any bites yet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Rovers want the same respect shown to their players and staff in dalymount as your players and staff get in Tallaght were they are given seats the same as every other club.
    It's called common courtesy.
    We will continue to show respect to your players and staff who routinely sit with rovers fans in Tallaght.
    So shams block off a full section of the main stand for every away team ? Do they do it for Bohs ?
    Of course they do That same 'respect' that was shown to Bohs U19s after they won last season at Tallaght ?

shams players have always sat in the Jodi stand - just not given a full block and that is what shams wanted in what was noting more than a petty attempt to prevent fans attending. And this after many of their fans whining about limited capacity

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    They wont be among 3000 bohs fans, they'll in block A by themselves
    Will be amazed if the front two rows is the solution, we will see.
    How many Rovers non playing staff are involved here?

How many seats are in Block A? Did Rovers seek to have the entire block set aside for staff?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    No idea how many Rovers staff are involved or indeed how many seats are in block A.
    Equally nobody (on here anyway) has any idea what Rovers requested of the FAI other than a safe place for their players and staff to sit just like is provided for Bohs and all other clubs non playing staff and players in Tallaght for every match.
    Its kind of Bizarre that anyone would think a club requesting a safe place for officials etc to sit is an unreasonable request.....
    I've been in both the Jodi and the Des Kelly in Dalyer and the problem with the jodi is the resident headbangers are there and it can become a pretty unfriendly environment.
    In Tallaght our headbangers are located in the South stand so Bohs/Dundalk/anyone elses officials/staff generally sit in the west stand and are perfectly safe and can watch the match.

When the Council build the new Dublin City Council stadium the extra 2 sides will allow Bohs and Shelbourne to have visiting teams officials and non playing players accommodated with the more sane home fans without any trouble or hassle.
    In the meantime a request for a safe area is not unreasonable and i am sure the two clubs will have come up with a solution with the FAI that wont see a massive loss of seating.

Can't wait to see the thread on the actual match

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    No idea how many Rovers staff are involved or indeed how many seats are in block A.
    Equally nobody (on here anyway) has any idea what Rovers requested of the FAI other than a safe place for their players and staff to sit just like is provided for Bohs and all other clubs non playing staff and players in Tallaght for every match.
    Its kind of Bizarre that anyone would think a club requesting a safe place for officials etc to sit is an unreasonable request.....
    I've been in both the Jodi and the Des Kelly in Dalyer and the problem with the jodi is the resident headbangers are there and it can become a pretty unfriendly environment.
    In Tallaght our headbangers are located in the South stand so Bohs/Dundalk/anyone elses officials/staff generally sit in the west stand and are perfectly safe and can watch the match.

When the Council build the new Dublin City Council stadium the extra 2 sides will allow Bohs and Shelbourne to have visiting teams officials and non playing players accommodated with the more sane home fans without any trouble or hassle.
    In the meantime a request for a safe area is not unreasonable and i am sure the two clubs will have come up with a solution with the FAI that wont see a massive loss of seating.

Can't wait to see the thread on the actual match
    Sane fans ? I saw our keeper dodging bottles at Tallaght, our U19s spat at for daring to win a match and last years shameful exhibition by your PA clown when our U 19s won, talk about 'respect' in Tallaght Bohs non playing players crossed the pitch to sit with our own fans, Its been said here shams do also, so why insist on the whole block A ? And hold up DK allocation until they could try and get the FAI to intervene ? As everybody knows (including you) the Bohs hard core sit as far away from section A as you can possibly get

Shams players have never been attacked while sitting in the Jodi before (including all recent sold out derbies) yet didn't need a whole section sealed off for them. Are those shams fans that called for the game to be moved aware that SRFC are trying to limit the capacity further ? Or was it just a desperate attempt to take way home advantage ?

Incidentially, I remember the first derby at Tallaght, Bohs got 200 tickets in total.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    [QUOTE=marinobohs;2017548

Incidentially, I remember the first derby at Tallaght, Bohs got 200 tickets in total.[/QUOTE]

Probably something to do with the fact there was only 1 stand.

<Mod Edit, please do not descend into personal abuse, however justified.
    Last edited by Mr A; 23/09/2019 at 12:24 PM.
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    I give up.
    Completely unreasonable to ask not to have to sit in the same stand as bohs hard-core supporters.....

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    I give up.
    Completely unreasonable to ask not to have to sit in the same stand as bohs hard-core supporters.....
    If the Rovers entourage had all of Block A, would they not still be in the same stand?

By your logic, perhaps the whole of the rest of the Jodi should be left vacant.

This whole farrago sounds like a whole lot of mischief making to me. The visiting team are entitled to a certain number of complimentaries from the host club. Bohs should provide them and take reasonable steps around the safety of all guests
    Last edited by Ezeikial; 23/09/2019 at 1:10 PM.

12. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,690 Posts
    Does it matter why Rovers are better this year? They clearly are better this year.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    I give up.
    I am totally confused now. I had thought you wanted your non playing squad to be seated in the Jodi stand, now it seems you don`t? Difficult to keep up with people doing verbal somersaults to justify taking offence. I have no interest in where Rovers players sit, as long as they are not demanding a UN brokered cordon sanitaire of empty seats around them.

Will the poor pets have a "safe place" set aside in Oriel tonight ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    I am totally confused now. I had thought you wanted your non playing squad to be seated in the Jodi stand, now it seems you don`t? Difficult to keep up with people doing verbal somersaults to justify taking offence. I have no interest in where Rovers players sit, as long as they are not demanding a UN brokered cordon sanitaire of empty seats around them.

Will the poor pets have a "safe place" set aside in Oriel tonight ?
    My sarcasm went over your head there....
    I'm sure the FAI and Bohs / Rovers will have come up with a solution that doesn't involve a significant / if any reduction in capacity.
    On the ground the clubs co operate reasonably well as opposed to the internet where everything is a problem to some people.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    My sarcasm went over your head there....
    I'm sure the FAI and Bohs / Rovers will have come up with a solution that doesn't involve a significant / if any reduction in capacity.
    On the ground the clubs co operate reasonably well as opposed to the internet where everything is a problem to some people.
    Fair enough, hard to tell given the standard/ relevance/ logic of some of the posts on this thread.

Anyway, rain forecast all week , heavy pitch on Friday, ideal Greg Bolger weather I would have thought . Bohs will be missing Buckley, Levinson and Mandriou in centre- mid. Odds massively favouring Rovers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Fair enough, hard to tell given the standard/ relevance/ logic of some of the posts on this thread.

Anyway, rain forecast all week , heavy pitch on Friday, ideal Greg Bolger weather I would have thought . Bohs will be missing Buckley, Levinson and Mandriou in centre- mid. Odds massively favouring Rovers.
    You could have said that before every match this season
    Its a derby and a cup semi anything is possible.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    I hope the game itself, when it happens, is a lot more interesting than this bickering fest anyway

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Probably something to do with the fact there was only 1 stand.

<Mod Edit, please do not descend into personal abuse, however justified.
    It was. Just as availability is currently limited at Dalymount, difference is Bohs didn't 'insist' on a whole section be left closed to facilitate a few players. surely even you can comprehend the difference ? or is that even beyond you ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Heres a challenge MB if a whole section is closed to accommodate Rovers staff i won't post on here for a week.
    If Rovers staff agree to a solution that doesn't significantly reduce the capacity of the Jodi you take a week off.

Cant say fairer than that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Heres a challenge MB if a whole section is closed to accommodate Rovers staff i won't post on here for a week.
    If Rovers staff agree to a solution that doesn't significantly reduce the capacity of the Jodi you take a week off.

Cant say fairer than that
    I’ve already told you, Shams request (fact) for the whole section A was REJECTED and this was confirmed by the FAI.
    Shams are not “agreeing” to anything, they are doing what they were told 😁 nice try attempting to paint this as some shams compromise- it isn’t.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Bohs should give up the home dressing room as they do for other big teams when they come.
    MD

24. Thanks From:

Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast