Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Neal Fenn

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Anyone in Irish football who's not a mé féiner is an idiot, to be fair. I include Dan Carr in that - did exactly what was right for him and fair play.
    I suspected that this would be said. I think every sporting individual has to be, to a significant extent a mé féiner to be a success. What I am really referring to here is the top end of things, cut throat like behaviour. You can be self centred, driven and ambitious and still go through the appropriate protocols. Cork should have approached Longford, if they didnt, to say they wanted to speak to Fenn. If Fenn initiated this in any way he should also have let his current employer know. He has form for making sure he gets what he wants so Cork beware. I doubt he was on any sort of long term contract where compensation is required but technically Longford could have a case against Cork depending on contract(?) but at minimum there should have been some professional courtesy. To hear through media sources that your manager has practically signed for someone else while knowing nothing about it shows the level of professional that Fenn works at. Manners costs little. Its also a 2nd high profile manipulation by him so how does he go about demanding respect and trust be it with players or clubs?

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    Cork owe nothing to any other club.

It makes absolute sense to get him in at this stage of the season to :

a) Ensure he can fully assess the squad, set up etc between now and the start of next season, to get a head start.
    b) Know which players he'll want to keep when their contracts end at the end of the season, and be in a position to sign/extend others he wants.
    c) Have a shot at European qualification via an FAI Cup run.
    d) Stave off the slight threat of getting drawn into a relegation dogfight.
    e) Maximise income between now and the end of the season via both Cup games and league finish.
    f) If he turns out to be a disaster, the club will see signs of that earlier than if they waited later to sign him.
    g) Someone else could sign him as manager in the meantime if they waited !
    That's a very fair asentment I would say but I do feel sorry for Longford supporters who may be losing their manager this late in the season with them still having a promotion chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    I suspected that this would be said. I think every sporting individual has to be, to a significant extent a mé féiner to be a success. What I am really referring to here is the top end of things, cut throat like behaviour. You can be self centred, driven and ambitious and still go through the appropriate protocols. Cork should have approached Longford, if they didnt, to say they wanted to speak to Fenn. If Fenn initiated this in any way he should also have let his current employer know. He has form for making sure he gets what he wants so Cork beware. I doubt he was on any sort of long term contract where compensation is required but technically Longford could have a case against Cork depending on contract(?) but at minimum there should have been some professional courtesy. To hear through media sources that your manager has practically signed for someone else while knowing nothing about it shows the level of professional that Fenn works at. Manners costs little. Its also a 2nd high profile manipulation by him so how does he go about demanding respect and trust be it with players or clubs?
    As I've said elsewhere we don't know what's going on behind the scenes.
    Maybe City approached Longford ?
    Maybe Longford refused him permission to talk to City & maybe Fenn went ahead anyway. Maybe none of the above happened ?
    The truth is we don't know any of the answers. Only the Longford board & the FORAS BOM know all the facts. There are a lack of facts in the public domain so all we have is speculation.
    Sounds about right for a football forum 😏

4. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Town have confirmed Daire Doyle is in charge tonight. If I know our chairman he will make a point of making life difficult for Fenn, via legal action if necessary. As far as I know he had a contract until the end of this season so there'll be a demand for compensation from someone.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulsey View Post
    Any chance Longford would take Gary Cronin back?
    doubt it tbh...
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    You are surprised that Neale Fenn has shown a lack professionalism, due courtesy to his current club, and is very much in the mé féin camp!?
    no I am surprised Fenn would want to go when we have possible chance of the playoffs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Legend View Post
    I've been told Doyle has it until end of season but a meeting has been scheduled for tonight to go through all options.
    Myself and a close friend chanced our arm and went to the CCS and hung around until the meeting was over.I spoke to one of the committee members and I was told that Fenn is still a paid employee of the club and wont be managing tonight. Its obvious that Fenn was told that he cant move until the dosh has being paid to the club as compo. Wonder will Fenn be cheeky enough to go to Terryland?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Surely Longford don't have any players under contract for 2020?
    As far as I can remember club did make announcement about one of the players signed for next season unless its for last season I am thinking of. I was thinking of Dean Byrne but could be wrong?

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Town have confirmed Daire Doyle is in charge tonight. If I know our chairman he will make a point of making life difficult for Fenn, via legal action if necessary. As far as I know he had a contract until the end of this season so there'll be a demand for compensation from someone.
    thats what I suspect too. I was told intitially that Fenn was going to be on sick leave by the committee member. The committee member told me that its not a good idea to be speculating about possible consequences for Fenn on social media ie whatsapp as it would reflect badly on the club. I expect a legal battle for his services regarding compensation for breach of contract. I imagine Fenn is under suspension by us from moving to Cork so I suspect this will get very dirty. It could go to the High Court like in 2001 like under Stephen Kenny when he wasnt allowed to take charge of Bohs against us in the FAI Cup and had to sit in the stand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    As far as I know Daire Doyle wont be in the running as hes currently not on a course at present. I suspect Stephen Henderson and Collie Oneill would be strong candidates. I would rule out Alan Mathews considering the way things ended badly for him in 2016 but as an outside bet considering hes still pally with our chairman as I saw him in the hospitality suite last season for Cork City match I wouldnt be surprised if Tony Cousins came back as I know for a fact the board accepted Tony Cousins resignation with great reluctance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    As far as I can remember club did make announcement about one of the players signed for next season unless its for last season I am thinking of. I was thinking of Dean Byrne but could be wrong?
    Good job managers dont have registrations that can be torn up prior to retirement.....yes that whole debacle still annoys me a bit, as much because of the almost naive manner in which Dundalk believed him and handed up the registration. Would never happen now, certainly midseason, no matter how genuine the circumstances. But then it did all cause one of the most 'poetic justice' moments in the club's and maybe even League's history. Will be fun having him back in Oriel and adding some spice back in to games with Cork. Seems a little risky by Cork, that compensation might end up being paid especially with the suggestion that Cotter was made interim manager due to not having the finances to cut more from the coaching staff than just Caulfield. I doubt Cotter will be too happy. I think it's generally good to give a manager time to asses his squad with games left in a season but it could have an impact on motivation if the new guy isnt stepping in immediately. Cork BoM must have felt that results recently have put an end to the risk of being pulled in to the play-off position.

*wong quote.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 23/08/2019 at 7:13 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    As far as I know Daire Doyle wont be in the running as hes currently not on a course at present. I suspect Stephen Henderson and Collie Oneill would be strong candidates. I would rule out Alan Mathews considering the way things ended badly for him in 2016 but as an outside bet considering hes still pally with our chairman as I saw him in the hospitality suite last season for Cork City match I wouldnt be surprised if Tony Cousins came back as I know for a fact the board accepted Tony Cousins resignation with great reluctance.
    I believe Henderson is happy with his Shels role and out of management for the time being, it's believed he's also signed up as Shels' 'John Gill' for next season if promotion is achieved. Collie O'Neill would be such a perfect fit for Longford they should be begging the bloke to take the job
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    I doubt Cotter will be too happy. I think it's generally good to give a manager time to asses his squad with games left in a season but it could have an impact on motivation if the new guy isnt stepping in immediately. Cork BoM must have felt that results recently have put an end to the risk of being pulled in to the play-off position.

*wong quote.
    I don't see why Cotter would be happy, he applied for the job and was unsuccessful. I don't think its really relevant though as assuming this goes through he won't be involved anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    It was said on here, which makes it gospel, that he was very confident of getting the job!? Either way he will be disappointed which would be normal in any walk of life and will be a real testament to the chaps character if he keeps putting the same level of effort for as long as it takes for Fenn to actually be sitting on the bench. If that's in the next week or so well then its not an issue. If out of the cup then Fenn can really mix things up!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Myself and a close friend chanced our arm and went to the CCS and hung around until the meeting was over.I spoke to one of the committee members and I was told that Fenn is still a paid employee of the club and wont be managing tonight. Its obvious that Fenn was told that he cant move until the dosh has being paid to the club as compo. Wonder will Fenn be cheeky enough to go to Terryland?
    He was cheeky enough. He was there.

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post

It makes absolute sense to get him in at this stage of the season to :

a) Ensure he can fully assess the squad, set up etc between now and the start of next season, to get a head start.
    b) Know which players he'll want to keep when their contracts end at the end of the season, and be in a position to sign/extend others he wants.
    c) Have a shot at European qualification via an FAI Cup run.
    d) Stave off the slight threat of getting drawn into a relegation dogfight.
    e) Maximise income between now and the end of the season via both Cup games and league finish.
    f) If he turns out to be a disaster, the club will see signs of that earlier than if they waited later to sign him.
    g) Someone else could sign him as manager in the meantime if they waited !
    Cross out c).

Cork and Fenn deserve each other.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    at long last a statement here!

http://ltfc.ie/club-statement-neale-fenn/

no mention of cork city job so we all know whats going to happen!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Failed with Longford , waited till Cork safe b4 moving... class-less

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    What isnt said speaks more than what is! *Fenn looking for an out of the Cork job to maniplate a move to Inchicore...

24. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Suntan studio share prices in the TX area leap 10000% on the back of the news that Fenn will be the new Cork manager!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Will Cork have to pay Longford anything?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast