Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Tonight's gamesTonight's - 16 August

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Or shams could stop posting crap and expecting everyone else to accept it as “fact”
    Is that your view or the BoEz group view ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Shelbourne look as good as promoted,Longford in for a long slog in the playoffs..
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    it would be a help if the shels fans behaved themselves. they destroyed 13 of our seats in the away end in front of the guards and they fired cans onto the pitch when they scored. they wrecked a pool table in one of the pubs in longford before the game.

win or lose shels fans are a disgrace and I safely bet you that they will get away with the damage caused to the ground cos the FAI were afraid of them.

we were a total disgrace ourselves and didnt deserve a point at all as we let shels bully us on the pitch. mind you the first goal for shels has being proven to be offside.

I think our tactics were completely wrong and I dont fancy us in the playoffs and will get battered by Bohs in the FAI Cup. I think Neale Fenn has a lot to answer for too. his tactics baffled our fans!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    Is that your view or the BoEz group view ?
    Can you confirm Shams are going to stop posting crap ?
    In your own time.... 😁

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student View Post
    Mahdy is developing and he's just not that effective as a centre forward. He's only figured so much due to Davis' injury earlier in the season and departure. He may be our top scorer but in the land of the blind the one eyed man is king. I don't think the complete gutting of the squad in midseason can be understated. We've never had our squad disassembled midseason like that. We had one outfield sub in one match. We had sustained a bad run of losses but we were rarely outclassed. The complete collapse has taken place after the raft of departures. I wouldn't focus too much on the Portsmouth result, it was a friendly utilising U19s and U17s. Pineapple would have a better idea how many of the title winning/European U-19 squad are in the current senior team. I think Kearns was one.
    Skinner was the 19s keeper that year afaik. Kearns' development has probably surprised everyone since. Scales and Collins were the centre-halves that year and there were a few lads like Corcoran who have since left. Simon Power has obviously gone on to England but most of that team haven't really continued in football.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    Don’t know about against the run of play as Romeo had missed a sitter about a minute before that. We were abysmal in the second half though and got what we deserved. Just kept giving the Ball back. Really need something in centre midfield to go with Cawley.
    Granted, but I still think we had far more of the play in the half. In fairness to Sligo you did have a couple of really good chances in the second half as well, even though we were generally on top.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Skinner was the 19s keeper that year afaik. Kearns' development has probably surprised everyone since. Scales and Collins were the centre-halves that year and there were a few lads like Corcoran who have since left. Simon Power has obviously gone on to England but most of that team haven't really continued in football.
    Kearns was the keeper by the time the Youth League came around - but the Youth League is strange because the team that qualified were too old to play by the time it came around.

The Youth League team still reached the semis of the U19 league that year - lost in a bat**** crazy semi against Pat's; 7-5 or something silly like that - and we were in the semis again last year. Of the Youth League team, Kearns, Dignam, Farrell, Boore, Farrugia, McDonald and Ryan were all in the squad at the start of the season. So at worst, we had two golden generations, but I don't think ThirdManRun's point that a golden generation basically covered for managerial decisions stacks up. A golden underage generation is a managerial decision in itself in terms of signing those players.

We've had lots of golden generations before, but ultimately a whole team can't jump from 19s to the Premier, which is kind of what's happened with so many players either departed or injured. The best UCD teams have always had players stay on after college - think the likes of Tony McDonnell, Alan Mahon, Alan McNally and so on, who played ten seasons - and you then introduce 2/3 new players each year. But we can't afford that any more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    it would be a help if the shels fans behaved themselves. they destroyed 13 of our seats in the away end in front of the guards and they fired cans onto the pitch when they scored. they wrecked a pool table in one of the pubs in longford before the game.

win or lose shels fans are a disgrace and I safely bet you that they will get away with the damage caused to the ground cos the FAI were afraid of them.

we were a total disgrace ourselves and didnt deserve a point at all as we let shels bully us on the pitch. mind you the first goal for shels has being proven to be offside.

I think our tactics were completely wrong and I dont fancy us in the playoffs and will get battered by Bohs in the FAI Cup. I think Neale Fenn has a lot to answer for too. his tactics baffled our fans!

He does have you well up the table & in a shout for promotion.
    There are some Cork City fans who want to see Fenn at Turners Cross
    Maybe its because he was a decent player back in the day for us.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by disgruntled View Post
    He does have you well up the table & in a shout for promotion.
    There are some Cork City fans who want to see Fenn at Turners Cross
    Maybe its because he was a decent player back in the day for us.
    for last while since our form collapsed we have being playing three at the back which is ok against weaker sides but not the stronger ones.. in hindsight now I think its too early for us to go up. Drogheda and Shels were knocking on the door last season so I dont think Shels will have their own way yet considering these two have to meet for the final time soon!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thebronze14 View Post
    Some man, chatted to him in McGowans a few times back in the day...hadn't seen him in years but happy to see he was still about after tbe first match of the season. As for our match, we were comfortable until the needless concession of the first goal and the sending off. We needlessly went into self destruct then it could have been any score. Was a free shot really and with the ucd game doesn't feel like much damage was done
    I thought Harps looked decent before the first goal. They looked confident and were happy to play football. The first two goal were atrocious defensively. Harps should be comfortably clear of UCD, you would think, it's hard to see them making up the points on anyone else though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Good win on Friday in Derry
    Hopefully follow up tonight in Waterford
    Academic in the context of the league at this stage but finishing strongly is important.
    I'm hoping we can lose no more ground between now and season end that way i can spend the winter hoping that next year will be our year.
    A strong finish and starting next season with Jack Byrne still in the squad will give me some of that "hope" that normally kills you.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    UCD lost 16 out of 20 before July 1st and 6 out of 8 since July 1 - so no change there. There may be plenty of new faces on the pitch, but the same old manager

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Good win on Friday in Derry
    Hopefully follow up tonight in Waterford
    Academic in the context of the league at this stage but finishing strongly is important.
    I'm hoping we can lose no more ground between now and season end that way i can spend the winter hoping that next year will be our year.
    A strong finish and starting next season with Jack Byrne still in the squad will give me some of that "hope" that normally kills you.
    It's hard to imagine anything other than a comprehensive win for Rovers tonight, as Waterford are on a diabolical run of form. Since the Blues defeated St Pats in early May, UCD are the only other team they have beaten in the league.

A win tonight for Rovers would be their first back-to-back league wins since beating Cork in Tallaght in May.

Since then Rovers have managed only 12 points from 8 games. After tonight Rovers will have another 8 league games until the end of the season

Maybe Jack Byrne is some sort of footballing Messiah, but Rovers recent record is not exactly the stuff to inspire dreams

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Fair play to ye doing all that research. You must really love Rovers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post

in clarification to that post it has being pointed out to me elsewhere that there was no pool table wrecked in a longford pub. apologises to any confusion and anger caused.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,523 Posts
    In fairness, one can see how people might think parts of Longford have been wrecked by someone.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Fair play to ye doing all that research. You must really love Rovers.
    Thats the thing about stats, i don't care enough to go doing the reasearch but from memory ,,,,,,,,,

Since then Dundalk have played 6 games in Europe without winning a match and scoring 2 goals, they have zero more European games until the end of the season.
    Maybe Vinnie Perth is some sort of footballing Messiah, but Dundalks recent record is not exactly the stuff to inspire dreams.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    I beg to differ, 6 games in Europe for a LoI club is the stuff dreams just ask any Waterford fan and suggest that to a Dundalk fan c2012 and there would have been some fit of laughter!! The €1mil+ this year isnt too shabby for no wins and only 2 goals! Brings us damn close to breaking €10mil in prizemoney since 2014. We cant complain too much tbh

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Here is one from memory....

While Rovers have managed 12 points in the last 8 games, Dundalk have won 22 points

Dundalk's record is pretty sound thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    I beg to differ, 6 games in Europe for a LoI club is the stuff dreams just ask any Waterford fan and suggest that to a Dundalk fan c2012 and there would have been some fit of laughter!! The €1mil+ this year isnt too shabby for no wins and only 2 goals! Brings us damn close to breaking €10mil in prizemoney since 2014. We cant complain too much tbh
    Would have thought you'd see my refusal to fish as a positive
    Should be a good match in oriel tinight

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast