Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tonight's gamesTonight's - 16 August

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    There's a drunken aul fella walking the length of the Jodi shouting "Gimme a B!" all night. He spells "Bohs" with an A, and he even robbed the mic at half time too. An utter pain in the hole.

Anyways, I was wondering if I throw a bottle at him, does he get a 5-match ban?
    I would’ve thought anybody following the league as long as you would know of Barry. If not by name, then at least would be familiar with the “gimme a B” thing that he’s been doing for 20+ years at this stage. I don’t know how you’re hearing the O as an A either. Barry is one of the great characters of LOI.

I’d be in a foul mood if my team conceded 10 too but still. And I don’t know how to put this, and without meaning to sound holier than thou, it doesn’t really sit right with me for him to be slagged too much on a public forum like this to be honest. He’d be a bit vulnerable for want of a better term.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Just on that point actually, of the starting XI we would have been anticipating at the start of the season -

Kearns - suspended for 6 games for having bottles thrown at him
    Osam - did his cruciate in pre-season; still not back
    Collins - injured since the mid-season break
    Scales - ****ed over by Bristol Rovers; missed a month and wasn't even training in that time so came back rusty
    Dignam - injured
    Farrugia - gone to Rovers
    O'Neill - gone to Rovers
    Molloy - gone to the US
    McClelland - scored
    Davis - gone to Derry
    McDonald - injured since the break

Keaney came in as a new signing, but he was suspended tonight, and Doyle (captain) came off injured just before the second goal.

That's literally an entire team missing. Add in an opposition with a point to prove because we beat them last time - and played them off the park for the first 40 minutes in Dalymount last time too - and the result starts to make a bit of sense at least. Any team would struggle if they're putting out what's basically the 19s. (Though they might keep it to single figures!)

Doesn’t help when you refuse to play your top scorer (Mahdy) and very experienced (Tobin).

The management has to be questioned. It’s not as if UCD were pulling up trees before Farrugia and ONeill left anyway!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bohsmug View Post
    I would’ve thought anybody following the league as long as you would know of Barry. If not by name, then at least would be familiar with the “gimme a B” thing that he’s been doing for 20+ years at this stage. I don’t know how you’re hearing the O as an A either. Barry is one of the great characters of LOI.

I’d be in a foul mood if my team conceded 10 too but still. And I don’t know how to put this, and without meaning to sound holier than thou, it doesn’t really sit right with me for him to be slagged too much on a public forum like this to be honest. He’d be a bit vulnerable for want of a better term.
    Some man, chatted to him in McGowans a few times back in the day...hadn't seen him in years but happy to see he was still about after tbe first match of the season. As for our match, we were comfortable until the needless concession of the first goal and the sending off. We needlessly went into self destruct then it could have been any score. Was a free shot really and with the ucd game doesn't feel like much damage was done

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Just on that point actually, of the starting XI we would have been anticipating at the start of the season -

Kearns - suspended for 6 games for having bottles thrown at him
    Osam - did his cruciate in pre-season; still not back
    Collins - injured since the mid-season break
    Scales - ****ed over by Bristol Rovers; missed a month and wasn't even training in that time so came back rusty
    Dignam - injured
    Farrugia - gone to Rovers
    O'Neill - gone to Rovers
    Molloy - gone to the US
    McClelland - scored
    Davis - gone to Derry
    McDonald - injured since the break

Keaney came in as a new signing, but he was suspended tonight, and Doyle (captain) came off injured just before the second goal.

That's literally an entire team missing. Add in an opposition with a point to prove because we beat them last time - and played them off the park for the first 40 minutes in Dalymount last time too - and the result starts to make a bit of sense at least. Any team would struggle if they're putting out what's basically the 19s. (Though they might keep it to single figures!)
    Making excuses 😁 it was 10-1 you numpty, can’t recall a worse score in the Premier Division (even all the years you weren’t there &#128513.
    If Bohs were “trying to prove a point” they did. BTW we played our U19s at Pats last year - we won.
    Thanks though, your whining makes it sweeter.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdManRun View Post
    Doesn’t help when you refuse to play your top scorer (Mahdy) and very experienced (Tobin).

The management has to be questioned. It’s not as if UCD were pulling up trees before Farrugia and ONeill left anyway!
    Yeah, Byrne has been preferred to Mahdy since he arrived - bit hard for Byrne to have caught Mahdy for goals at this stage! And Tobin has been in and out lately, I think since we changed from full-back to 3 centre backs and wing-back operating alongside, so I don't know is it the case that it's felt he can play full-back, but wing-back not so much. That said, it's hard to know if our full-backs can play full-back either!

Not to disagree with you necessarily, but they could be the reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by bohsmug View Post
    Genuinely never saw him before. And yeah, must have had 20/30 trips to Dalyer at this stage. (It was the H I was picking up as an A btw - I presumed he was spelling it kind of phonetically - "Bo-as".)

Fair enough on your other point, though at least don't give him the mic at half-time...
    Last edited by pineapple stu; 17/08/2019 at 12:23 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    The attitude some Bohs fans have towards UCD purely because one of their players had the audacity to celebrate a win is really embarrassing
    You were at the game in Dalymount then?? Frankly I don't blame you. Watching Shamrock Rovers this season has been a tough watch and far from entertaining.

Football is all about scoring goals. Bohs have won alot of games and over achieving to be in 3rd place. Shamrock Rovers have spent a fortune to pick a team full of midfielders who can't score goals.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Shamrock Rovers have not been entertaining, you gotta be kidding me, a joy to watch this season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Making excuses  it was 10-1 you numpty, can’t recall a worse score in the Premier Division (even all the years you weren’t there &#128513.
    If Bohs were “trying to prove a point” they did. BTW we played our U19s at Pats last year - we won.
    Thanks though, your whining makes it sweeter.
    This one of your windups or have you completely missed the irony in your post? Go have a read back at your reaction to the previous result against UCD - now that was a proper and protracted whine!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    This one of your windups or have you completely missed the irony in your post? Go have a read back at your reaction to the previous result against UCD - now that was a proper and protracted whine!!
    Show me where ANYBODY posted that UCD didn't deserve to win at Belfield ?
    The debate was around the antics of one clown and that was proven correct when he got a 5 game ban (one clown wanted an apology for him and Stu is still whining about it &#128513. The result was accepted - however annoying it was.
    Maybe try READING before commenting..

If ANY Bohs player gets a 5 game ban for last night you might have a point otherwise jog on WUM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood Rover View Post
    Shamrock Rovers have not been entertaining, you gotta be kidding me, a joy to watch this season.
    I have to say shams have been very entertaining in all the derby games.😁

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Fair play to Bohs tonight normally at LOI level teams take their foot off the gas.Its a hard pil to swallow for UCD though.
    Yep, when we scored the 4th goal I said I hope we keep this up and improve our goal difference, but 10-1 was beyond my wildest dreams. We were about 6 or 7 goals worse off with Derry before kick off and now we are 4 goals better off, could be crucial at the end of the season.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wexfordned View Post
    You were at the game in Dalymount then?? Frankly I don't blame you. Watching Shamrock Rovers this season has been a tough watch and far from entertaining.

Football is all about scoring goals. Bohs have won alot of games and over achieving to be in 3rd place. Shamrock Rovers have spent a fortune to pick a team full of midfielders who can't score goals.
    😂😂😂😂 Probably the most entertaining team in the league to watch and fans of any team bar maybe Dundalk and Bohs will tell you that

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
     Probably the most entertaining team in the league to watch and fans of any team bar maybe Dundalk and Bohs will tell you that
    In your world, is there some sort of group think where fans of a particular club have identical thoughts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    😂😂😂😂 Probably the most entertaining team in the league to watch and fans of any team bar maybe Dundalk and Bohs will tell you that
    To be fair Bradsers interviews are usually entertaining and their record against Dundalk and Bohs (as you namechecked them) is hilarious.
    But it's probobly the bizarre delusions of adequacy among their fans that make them so very very entertaining 😁 probobly the most entertaining in the League.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Jesus, get a grip lads!
    Bohs were unbelievable last night, probably motivated by the antics in Belfield( both guilty parties)
    Never seen a performance like it.Could have been 12 as the UCD keeper actually did OK without a back 4 to defend him

Rovers have been entertaining this year and not just in the three defeats to Bohs.

Stu, that man last night has been self appointed cheerleader for 20 + years, used to take half time penos at away games.
    A chink of daylight in the third place competition, will go right to the wire.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    What is this?
    *&#128513

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dong View Post
    What is this?
    *&#128513
    I'm guessing it's emoji code but not sure!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Our next two league matches are against UCD.Home and away the same week.
    Will take two 1-0's right now.

Easy to disparage UCD after after a 10-1 drubbing and clubs all around the league loaded with ex UCD lads,including ourselves.

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    In your world, is there some sort of group think where fans of a particular club have identical thoughts?
    Based on the similarity of the tone and tenor of your and Marinobohs posts the answer has to be a resounding “yes”.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    Our next two league matches are against UCD.Home and away the same week.
    Will take two 1-0's right now.

Easy to disparage UCD after after a 10-1 drubbing and clubs all around the league loaded with ex UCD lads,including ourselves.
    Before the first of those games Rovers have the chance to close the gap to 4 points by winning their refixed match against Waterford on Monday night (albeit with two more games played)

UCD will obviously have a chance to restore some wounded pride in their cup match against St Pats on Friday, but playing a team trying to rebound from a heavy defeat tends to make the task harder not easier.

Two 1-0 wins would be fine!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast