Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sack The Manager

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Sack The Manager

Sorry if this has been covered but Rico should be sacked after Rovers lost to the worst team in the league.
    That's the logic isn't it?
    I'm trying to be open minded and take the perspective of the "Murphy Out" Brigade.

Good luck to Limerick, the League Cup may be a lifeline for them.

Lyons Tea is muck!
    It's amazing what you'll drink when you have a hangover.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Limerick are the second worse team in the country

ps shouldn't this be in the Shams forum?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Don't Think So

Originally posted by joe
    ps shouldn't this be in the Shams forum?
    It's relevent to a certain section of the City supporters.
    The Rovers bit is just to make a point.

Neil
    **yawn**

Liam Murphy is brilliant. Cork City play great attacking football. Cork City FC are an unstoppable forward-minded club.

Yeah.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Don't Think So

Originally posted by Peadar

It's relevent to a certain section of the City supporters.
    The Rovers bit is just to make a point.
    i'll allow it for the moment Peader, but I may have to move it, depending on how it develops

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Re: Sack The Manager

Originally posted by Peadar
    Sorry if this has been covered but Rico should be sacked after Rovers lost to the worst team in the league.
    That's the logic isn't it?
    No it's not the logic. Losing to Limerick was just ANOTHER reason the fool should be sacked. I and many others have been calling for his head long before limerick. In fact, I don't even regard the limerick result as his worst- it's the cup, these things happen. Try the bohs game or the two home games v Dundalk for reasons to want Murphy out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    You are absolutley right Eanna. I too have been calling for his head for some time. What about throwing away valuable points by conceding last minute goals? away to Bohs, home to Bray, away to Pats etc.
    Champions!

Neil

Re: Re: Sack The Manager

Originally posted by Éanna

No it's not the logic. Losing to Limerick was just ANOTHER reason the fool should be sacked.
    Spot on Éanna. Martians would have to land on Earth before some people realise this. Wait a minute.... How big is Liam's forehead? mmmmm

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    we need a manager who is not afraid to make a decison,murphy seems afriad to play attacking football especially at home,

he may win the odd game and score the odd goal in 7 home games but its entertaining football is wat gets the crowds out
    Cork City F.C. the envy of the EL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

How True...

Originally posted by COLM
    What about throwing away valuable points by conceding last minute goals? away to Bohs, home to Bray, away to Pats etc.
    Oh Colm, I'd forgotten about that.
    You're right though, Liam Murphy told the lads to go to sleep late in the game.

Neil
    You just don't get it Peadar! There is a lot higher chance of conceding late goals when you play so defensive throughout a game. Hanging onto a one goal lead from early on in the game by keeping everyone back and just hoofing the ball out of defense is an archaic tactic that Liam Murphy still believes in. It sometimes might be effective (esp. away from home), but try and convince me it's attractive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Every time city are holding on to a one goal lead Murphy takes a striker off, goes all defensive and resorts to hoofing. When will he learn?
    Champions!

Johnny
    What about throwing away valuable points by conceding last minute goals? away to Bohs, home to Bray, away to Pats etc.

Newsflash, Murphy isn't a player anymore. The guys on the pitch must shoulder the blame for last minute goals surely. And City weren't defensive at Richmond.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by COLM
    . What about throwing away valuable points by conceding last minute goals? away to Bohs, home to Bray, away to Pats etc.
    dont forget the last minute goals we score ! home to rovers
    soccer isn't a matter of life or death its more important than that!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Johnny

Newsflash, Murphy isn't a player anymore. The guys on the pitch must shoulder the blame for last minute goals surely. And City weren't defensive at Richmond.
    Yes they must, as must the manager. Once is unlucky, twice misfortune, any more thasn that, you have to take a look at tactics and see while it is happening.
    And we were defensive in Richmond after taking a 2-1 lead. We sat back and left them at us.

Peadar, it seems that your defending of Murphy sees no bounds. Surely you must see that we are conceding late goals. Does it not annoy you that we are leaving with one rather than 3 points? Does it not bother you that this club is going nowhere with the current set up? Okay, you will turn around now and say 'sure we scored 9 goals this weekend'. Great, we did. Against two bad teams. Can you not just be objective for once and see that some people are making sense with their opinions? Or is it just that you like annoying people with your attitude, an attitude that if we were talking politics would be described as bigoted. There are two sides to the story. One side of this story is your 'rosy in the garden' one, and the other side is what we have had to endure at the Cross for the last few weeks. If it was obvious that LM weas building a team, then Id say fair play to him, but as far as I can see he aint. Maybe he wants to buy a few players, but he cant because the board wont supply the money. Thats not his fault, thats the boards fault,. For 'being tottally reliant on gate reciepts'.

So can you not see that their is something radically wrong within Cork City Football Club. There isnt any shame in admitting it.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'll Keep It Short

Originally posted by GWA
    Peadar, it seems that your defending of Murphy sees no bounds. Surely you must see that we are conceding late goals.
    We've played 30+ games this season and let in a few late goals it's hardly been the undoing of us. There are times when we lose our concentration but that's something which we can work at. It's not the end of the world.

I marvel at your hypocrisy suggesting that my opinion is bigoted since you do little other than retain your single Murphy is the root of all evil opinion.

Originally posted by GWA
    So can you not see that their is something radically wrong within Cork City Football Club. There isn’t any shame in admitting it.
    I wasn't in favour of Liam Murphy being installed as manager in the first place because I felt that he was too close to the club to bring something new. Just like I felt that Pete Mahon was the wrong choice for Bohs. Liam has done some wonderful work and while he's not perfect and I don't agree with everything about his game I remember that he's the manager of one of the top teams in a tough league and no one ever said it was going to be easy. Every game brings experience to him as a manager and his young players.

There's an awful lot about the running of the club that I don't agree with either but we could discuss that for an eternity. There's a lot wrong with every aspect of football in this country and you could make yourself depressed thinking about it.

Some people come on here regurgitating certain buzzwords in relation to Liam Murphy, like hoofing and bad tactics. Very few people have anything constructive to say about any game and rarely give detailed analysis of the way a game is played out. Until someone states valid reasons backed up with reference to example as to why Liam Murphy is such a bad manager, I'm going to continue to go against the "Murphy Out" brigade.
    Wining those two games this weekend was important, I'm not going to dwell on them but don't try to discredit them in a bid to add weight to your lightweight arguments.

Don't forget to boo the players and chant "Murphy Out" at the Rovers game. They can still catch Shels if you help them win.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I dont feel any of my arguments are lightweight Peadar. My arguments are backed up by the 'performances' we have seen recently on the pitch. And NO, i dont believe LM is the root of all evil. I just feel that he as a amanger is very limited. He has done some good things for us ie sign O Grady, works a good youth system, but he has also done some very bad things. No team should be as poor as we are at home this season. 1 gaol, seven games etc. I believe the problem goes beyond Murphy.

With regs to late goals, well we have lost alot of points that way.

And for once I do agree with you that the two wins this weeken d were very important. It brought a bit of confidence back to the players. 9 goals in 2 games is a nice return.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It is true to say that there are two sides to every story, so let's look at the LM story.
    [COLOR=green]FOR:[/COLOR] He did a lot of good work and turned around the team performances when DM got the boot. Excellent work with the youths, and bringing in some very good local players and giving them a chance.
    [COLOR=red]AGAINST: [/COLOR] When things have started to go wrong, it is the manager who must correct them. LM has shown an inability to do this so far. Results have gotten worse, there seems to be a malaise running through the side which shows in a lack of confidence and inability to raise their game. On top of this, LM blames the pitch, supporters, referees etc.etc. He is the one who must take on the responsibilty, not make excuses and try to shift the blame.
    [COLOR=blue]>>:[/COLOR] A lot of people keep saying this is a tough league, but is it? City have to compete against $hels, St. Pats, Rovers, Bohs, Derry. Longford, UCD and Bray are capable of the odd good result, while the rest are poor. Obviously we are in 4th place at the moment, but this is really 4th out of 6. LM is not to blame totally, as the directors have a big say, but while there is big talk about being first, are we, in truth, just settling for this position ?
    OK, it was a freaky result in the FAI cup, but a totally depressing exit to Limerick in the LC and now trying to scrape into an InterToto cup place. This club must be bigger and better than this.
    As it depends on gate receipts so much, the performances on the pitch are about more than just getting points. [COLOR=darkred]Good performances = good gates[/COLOR] . It is here that LM has to stand up and be counted, but LM is sitting not standing. If he loves the club soo much, he must either admit that things have gone awry, come up with a plan, explain it to the fans, and carry it out, or else be willing to go if he cannot do any better than he is doing now. LM is human so therefore not infallible, and it is no shame to say "I did my best, but I think it is time for a fresh approach". One way or the other, he must do something now . He has to either [COLOR=purple]get it right or go [/COLOR] . He owes it to the club to do that...........

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    spot on oddboy. Can't argue with any of that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

He Has To Go Now...

Just watching the Carlsberg Cup Semi-Final and Dundalk are 4-0 up at this stage. Bye bye Rico.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast