Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 92 of 92

Thread: LoI 2nd & 3rd August

  1. #81
    First Team
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,053
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    141
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Works for ye 😁 but “some” couldn’t then claim to be a 100% members owned club now could they ?
    Still unable to grasp the difference between ownership and board members are you? That's unfortunate.

  2. #82
    Seasoned Pro marinobohs's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in the bar celebratingl
    Posts
    3,276
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    336
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    583
    Thanked in
    381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    Still unable to grasp the difference between ownership and board members are you? That's unfortunate.
    Still unable to grasp the difference between 50% and 100% are you ? That's unfortunate
    Bohemian FC The Big Club since 1890

    From the Cradle to the Grave - BTID

  3. #83
    First Team
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,053
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    141
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Our game against Waterford that was suspended on the second has been rearranged for Tuesday the 27th. Has any other team been asked to do Tuesday then Friday games? Nevermind twice.

  4. #84
    Seasoned Pro Ezeikial's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,621
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    145
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,003
    Thanked in
    611 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    Our game against Waterford that was suspended on the second has been rearranged for Tuesday the 27th. Has any other team been asked to do Tuesday then Friday games? Nevermind twice.
    Waterford also have a match against Derry City listed for Friday 30th Aug

    Is there a significant difference playing Friday - Tuesday - Friday as opposed to Friday - Monday - Friday?

  5. #85
    First Team
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,053
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    141
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Waterford also have a match against Derry City listed for Friday 30th Aug

    Is there a significant difference playing Friday - Tuesday - Friday as opposed to Friday - Monday - Friday?
    A Tuesday night is an awkward night to get people to go to games as it's just not something the casual fan would think about. The fact its a few days before the derby and a few days after a cup game basically means that non season ticket holders are either going to have to part with 45euro in the space of a week or pick and choose games which will affect attendances. Think that'll be the first full day back in school for lots of kids too and it's not away fan friendly at all either.

    Just stupid stupid fixture planning from the idiots in Abbottstown yet again. Would have made much more sense for us to play Waterford at home this Monday then hold off finalising the away dates until after the cup second round and at worst putting it on the Monday after the quarter finals if either team were still in it or on the Friday if they weren't.

  6. #86
    Seasoned Pro Ezeikial's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,621
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    145
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,003
    Thanked in
    611 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    A Tuesday night is an awkward night to get people to go to games as it's just not something the casual fan would think about. The fact its a few days before the derby and a few days after a cup game basically means that non season ticket holders are either going to have to part with 45euro in the space of a week or pick and choose games which will affect attendances. Think that'll be the first full day back in school for lots of kids too and it's not away fan friendly at all either.
    It seems to me that all of the above issues similarly apply to playing on either Monday or Tuesday.

    Midweek games are inevitable if you have games called off to facilitate your european preparation

  7. #87
    First Team
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,053
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    141
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    It seems to me that all of the above issues similarly apply to playing on either Monday or Tuesday.

    Midweek games are inevitable if you have games called off to facilitate your european preparation
    Tuesdays are far worse than even the **** shows that are Monday games.

  8. #88
    Seasoned Pro brendy_éire's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Up the town, Derry
    Posts
    3,138
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    30
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    251
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    Tuesdays are far worse than even the **** shows that are Monday games.
    How though? Unless the Monday is a bank holiday, it doesn't make much difference either way.

  9. #89
    First Team
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,053
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    141
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    How though? Unless the Monday is a bank holiday, it doesn't make much difference either way.
    There's no pattern to it. If someone asked you when are LOI games played you'd say Fridays and some Mondays and Sligo play Saturdays. To throw in random Tuesday games just means the casual fan isn't going to know they're happening and people might have stuff on on Tuesdays while they'd keep Mondays and Fridays free

  10. #90
    Seasoned Pro Ezeikial's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,621
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    145
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,003
    Thanked in
    611 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    There's no pattern to it. If someone asked you when are LOI games played you'd say Fridays and some Mondays and Sligo play Saturdays. To throw in random Tuesday games just means the casual fan isn't going to know they're happening and people might have stuff on on Tuesdays while they'd keep Mondays and Fridays free
    In your view how many extra paying supporters would attend if the Shamrock Rovers V Waterford match was played next Monday instead or Tuesday?

    The fact the Bohs 'cup final' follows on the Friday presumably did not tinge your thinking?

  11. #91
    First Team
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,053
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    141
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    In your view how many extra paying supporters would attend if the Shamrock Rovers V Waterford match was played next Monday instead or Tuesday?

    The fact the Bohs 'cup final' follows on the Friday presumably did not tinge your thinking?
    Playing a game on a Monday probably adds a few hundred to the gate compared to a Tuesday. It's an awkward day to have a game and made even stranger by the FAI arranging dundalks game for the Monday.
    Just about every aspect of the arranging of that game is just done wrong, playing the same team twice in just over a week, 3 home games in a week, a random day of the week to schedule it for, arranging it for days before a big game. Its like a check list of how to guarantee the worst attendance possible.

  12. #92
    Seasoned Pro marinobohs's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in the bar celebratingl
    Posts
    3,276
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    336
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    583
    Thanked in
    381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    There's no pattern to it. If someone asked you when are LOI games played you'd say Fridays and some Mondays and Sligo play Saturdays. To throw in random Tuesday games just means the casual fan isn't going to know they're happening and people might have stuff on on Tuesdays while they'd keep Mondays and Fridays free
    Wow, how many people do you think 'keep Monday night free' for LOI matches ? Only possible downside to Tuesday night (as opposed to Monday night) is that it is a training night for most junior / underage teams and, naturally that might hit the crowd.
    Bohemian FC The Big Club since 1890

    From the Cradle to the Grave - BTID

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Similar Threads

  1. LOI w/e 3rd August.
    By nigel-harps1954 in forum Entertainment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30/07/2014, 6:58 PM
  2. MNS 9th August
    By sligoman in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 15/08/2010, 7:37 PM
  3. MNS - 2nd August
    By A face in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02/08/2010, 9:28 PM
  4. Match In August ?
    By Iorfa2MaccaJim in forum Kildare County
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03/08/2009, 1:27 PM
  5. POTM August
    By gustavo in forum Sligo Rovers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 29/08/2005, 11:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •